shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else have to replace their pants because the wallet in their pocket makes their pants wear th

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
It''s not exactly the same as Dee Jay''s problem, I know.

It didn''t used to happen to me, either. But over the last couple of years, I''ve been having to discard (too many) pants, with only patching as the remedy (and that won''t work!) because my ID and credit card wallet I carry in my rear right pocket causes my pants to wear through. So, I need to trash them and buy a replacement pair.

I buy a lot of Sears work pants as a result. Fairly cheap, fairly thick. Still a problem though.

Sorry, wish this was a joke thread. Any a) one else experience or b) solutions?

Regards,

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ira, do you by any chance sit in an Aeon (or Aeron? or Eron? -- sorry can't think of the right brand at the moment) chair for any length of time? At a previous workplace we got those as part of a furniture renovation and a few months later all the guys had their wallets falling right out of their pants. Turns out the kevlar that the seats are made out of wear the pants' fabric right where the wallet bulge is.

If that's the case, in terms of a solution all the guys went down to the mailroom and stole extra mailbags to put on their seats. Not a very elegant solution, but at least they managed to keep their wallets from that point on!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 5:59:58 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Ira, do you by any chance sit in an Aeon (or Aeron? or Eron? -- sorry can''t think of the right brand at the moment) chair for any length of time? At a previous workplace we got those as part of a furniture renovation and a few months later all the guys had their wallets falling right out of their pants. Turns out the kevlar that the seats are made out of wear the pants'' fabric right where the wallet bulge is.

If that''s the case, in terms of a solution all the guys went down to the mailroom and stole extra mailbags to put on their seats. Not a very elegant solution, but at least they managed to keep their wallets from that point on!
Who would have thought? Fashion police motivates thread, and identifies problem.

Yes, it''s been happening about the same amout of time I''ve been sitting on the chairs that I have otherwise, up to now, been liking pretty much.

One mailbag please!

Thank you Dee Jay.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pleasure!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just want to say it''s times like this I''m amazed at the diverse wealth of knowlegde PS is
36.gif

way to go Dee Jay
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is so random, funny, and enlightening at the same time! Too funny DeeJay!!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
It happens to me, to some extent, you can see the wallet outline and the fabric wears thin, but my boyfriend has it as bad as you, he just threw out a pair of jeans because his wallet was falling out the hole (and he doesn''t sit much, so thats not the only cause).

One possible solution would be to put one of those iron on patches on the inside of the pocket before the hole starts, to reinforce the fabric there.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, LOL, I am the queen of random (almost always *useless*) knowledge.

I'm just THRILLED that one of the goofy things I've picked up along the way was helpful to someone!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Is your wallet relatively bulky? DH keeps his wallet very thin, only his license, a CC and cash, and his pocket had never worn through. He has jeans and pants from college that are still in good shape. So maybe you can downsize the wallet content if that''s possible.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 3:53:48 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Is your wallet relatively bulky? DH keeps his wallet very thin, only his license, a CC and cash, and his pocket had never worn through. He has jeans and pants from college that are still in good shape. So maybe you can downsize the wallet content if that''s possible.
Thanks Qtiekki, anything''s possible. I could also wear my wallet in my front pocket or do anything. I''ve rather grown to like it where it is, and be as bulky as it is, and had even become accustomed to buying them more often than I''d like. Seems like at least one of the determined causes, as I''d thought, is not just the wallet, because it didn''t used to be. Though we don''t have mail bags, I''m gonna look for something, as my preferred solution.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My DH keeps his wallet in his front pants pocket to avoid pick-pockets. A bit unusual, but it avoids two issues, theft and back pocket wearing thin.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Regular Guy, maybe the answer is to relieve yourself of your bank notes and credit cards to make your wallet not so bulky. I know a female that could help you with that
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though I am female, I have the very same problem as RG because I always keep my wallet in my back pocket. I''ve already had to throw away pants due to having holes in the back pocket whereas the rest of the pants still looks relatively new. So I''ll be keeping my eye on this thread. I''ve already tried to keep my wallet as thin as possible and this seemed to give my pants a little longer life-span but it still happens. I just threw out my favourite pair of black khakis last week after 2 years of wear. It looks great (except for the back pocket area) but after my secretary pointed out the hole to me (which I already knew about), I figured it was time to put that pair of pants to rest.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results