shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else getting antsy waiting.

paris29

Shiny_Rock
So I know the proposal is coming soon but I feel like I have been waiting forever. Since our wedding is in 148 days (a little less than 5 months) we had to start planning right away even though we are not technically engaged. My FF doesn't want to purpose without the ring which will be purchased in a week or two but still needs to be ordered, sized, etc. Part of me feels like I am already engaged, I'm going dress shopping for the second time tomorrow, we already picked a venue, and should be signing papers in 2 weeks, guest list is almost finalized, etc yet no proposal no ring. Thankfully my promise ring is keeping my finger warm but after 4.5 years I'm more than ready. I know you ladies would understand more than anyone else were I'm coming from, I feel like I'm going crazy not to mention there have been so many proposals on here lately. Help!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Breathe!! lol

Nah, i totally understand! I started the planning process as well, but the wedding will not be for another year and 2 months. I can see where your thoughts are going if yours is in less than 5 months! i would be going insane too!! It'll happen! :))

heyme

Rough_Rock
I'm antsy too. We don't have a ring or ANYTHING yet and we're planning on getting married Oct 2011... sooo we better get going on this engagement thing! :naughty:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Paris, I know exactly how you feel! SO had the ring for 8 months before proposing...but *try* to enjoy this time as much as possible because you'll never get it back...it will all be very worth the wait :)

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Its comforting to know I am not the only one feeling this way. It so hard to wait sometimes even though I know it will be worth it in the end. Autumn wow 8 months he has, did you know he had it that whole time? Nicole and Heyme I know you guys are excited for your upcoming weddings have you guys looked at rings?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
paris29 said:
Its comforting to know I am not the only one feeling this way. It so hard to wait sometimes even though I know it will be worth it in the end. Autumn wow 8 months he has, did you know he had it that whole time? Nicole and Heyme I know you guys are excited for your upcoming weddings have you guys looked at rings?

Yep, I knew the whooooole time that he had it.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Paris, I feel your pain. I'm booking a bunch of our wedding stuff next week before my ring is even completed, which feels so wrong. Thankfully my ring will be done soon, but there are so many other life complications going on that I know I'll be waiting at least a month for a proposal. So basically my wedding will be planned, the ring will be in the house, and I will still be just a girlfriend. It's quite frustrating to say the least.

Do you know what ring you are going to purchase? You're doing the New Years Day wedding right? Where are you having it again (if you previously mentioned it)?

paris29

Shiny_Rock
calibali said:
Oh Paris, I feel your pain. I'm booking a bunch of our wedding stuff next week before my ring is even completed, which feels so wrong. Thankfully my ring will be done soon, but there are so many other life complications going on that I know I'll be waiting at least a month for a proposal. So basically my wedding will be planned, the ring will be in the house, and I will still be just a girlfriend. It's quite frustrating to say the least.

Do you know what ring you are going to purchase? You're doing the New Years Day wedding right? Where are you having it again (if you previously mentioned it)?

Calibali are situations are very similar. I'm glad I can come here and talk to people who understand or are in similar situations. I'm so tempted to get a temporary ring with a cz or something until my actual ring is ready, but FF is not a fan of the idea. I asked my FF yesterday if I had to wait till the ring was ready before he proposed. He said no thank goodness,but we too have some life complications going on as will that prevent him from proposing right now. I'm hoping he will propose in a week. Fingers crossed. Its more that just a little frustrating. I'm booking the venue, dj, photographer, wedding coordinator, and purchasing my dress and shoes, my FF's wedding band, etc between this coming week and the next and I feel so weird when I go talk to all these people and there is no engagement ring on my finger, just my promise ring (that looks nothing like an e-ting). Whenever they asked when I got engaged I always quickly say "just recently, my ring is still being sized." So frustrating. He'll probably get his ring before I get mine as he wants to wear it before the wedding. Its the Tiffany double milgrain 6mm. I found my soon to be ring at a local jeweler. Both the wedding band and engagement ring have pave 2 or 3 rows (been a while since I have seen it :(( ) of pave. The center diamond is a 2.055 ct HOF. We are planning to get married at the Ritz Carlton overlooking the beach. Yeah we are have the New Years day wedding, counting down. I feel like I barely have time to order my dress and get it fitted before the wedding. I'm stressed to say the least. Not to mention I start grad school in 2 weeks.

Calibali what does you ring look like? Do you know where/when you plan to get married? I completely understand where you are coming from. What planning have you done so far?

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
You said you're getting married on the beach, so are you doing Hawaii or Cali? I know Rhubarb had mentioned getting married at the Ritz in Maui, so I was just wondering if you were looking at the same place. That would be wild.

I'm not too stressed about the wedding planning stuff since we are only eloping, but I'm using miles for the flight and it's kind of hard to coordinate that for expensive flights when you are less than a year out. From what I've decided so far (as long as the airline complies), I'm looking at getting married 7/9/11 at the Four Seasons in Bora Bora, staying there for 6 days, and then hopping over to Moorea for 5 days. I've spoken to the wedding planner at the Four Seasons and that seems like it will work out, but I swear this is costing more than a traditional wedding. My bf was kind of disappointed, he thought he was going to get off cheaply by eloping, haha.

I'm not set on the date yet since we can really can married anytime in May (except the first weekend), June or July, but I want to have a nice sounding date. Any other ideas? The "11" is really throwing me off since it's not very fluid to me.

I haven't started dress shopping and I really want to, but again life has gotten in the way. I'd also be super nervous to go when I'm not actually engaged, which I know is silly since you can say exactly what you have, but I don't know. That might have to wait for a couple months unfortunately.

So I guess the wedding is the least stressful thing going on right now for me, which is probably weird...

I have to say, your ring sounds AMAZING! Those HoF are spectacular and with all the pave, wow! I loved the 3-sided pave, but I am a very casual person and I didn't think it fit with my look. One day I'm going to get a RHR with an AVC and then I will get all that pave, but for now I stuck with a simple solitaire. I loved the look of the Cartier solitaire on my finger, so I had Leon make me one of his classic solitaires with a peridot and pink diamond (birthstones) set inside the band. Oh, and my stone is a RB 2.66ct, but I guess it faces up big since Leon and the appraiser both swore that it looked closer to 3ct. That's kind of cool I suppose, more bang for my buck.

What are you going to be studying in grad school?

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Eloping that is going to be very nice just the two of you.That will be very romantic just the two of you in Bora Bora, not to mention what a perfect setting for a wedding. We thought about eloping. What made you guys decide to elope instead of having a traditional wedding. 7-9-11 looks pretty cool as a wedding date. Its every other odd, I like it. Its weird saying 2011 though, I have to agree with you on that, not used to it yet. Time goes by so quickly.

Its crazy how cost add up so quickly for wedding whether your eloping or having a traditional wedding.

We are planning to get married at the Ritz Carlton in California. We were supposed to go see the venue and sign the contract this week but some stuff came up, hopefully next week we will go. I just hope the time and date will still be available.

I'm super excited for my ring. I feel like I haven't seen it in ages. I've been in several times to check out the HOF diamond I'm getting but always forget to look at the setting so I can store the image in my memory till I get it. lol. I love that certain diamond appear to be a larger carat size than they actually are, HOF diamonds are the same. My 2ct looks like 2.25-2.5. Your ring sounds gorgeous. So, the center stone is a pink diamond? Can't wait to see pics of it.

I'm studying to get my masters/doctorate in clinical psychology. Are you in school?

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
So I take you live in Cali? I used to live in SF and I loved it there, and my bf grew up in the LA area. I would love to move back there, but I also love having seasons so we're actually moving to CO in a couple weeks.

There were several reasons why we chose to elope. First off, there are major family issues and I know that if we had a traditional wedding it would probably be the worst day of my life. Seriously, I'd be in a corner crying the whole time. Also, we're not center of attention kind of people and we would have to pay for it all ourselves, so it also made more financial sense. We considered doing a closer island like the British Virgin Islands and inviting a few people, but that was bound to lead to hard feelings so eloping far far away just made the most sense.

Oh, I didn't mean to confuse. I WISH I had a huge pink diamond, but I just have a little one inside the band. My birthstone is a diamond and I just thought it would be more fun to get a pink diamond. I got a plain ole white diamond on top.

So is the diamond and ring purchased and just being made? I would be in there all the time checking it out, but I'm a little obsessive about my ring. Yours is going to be so pretty, I can't wait to see it.

Clinical psychology sounds super interesting. Do you end up doing research once you graduate? I'm not in school anymore, I made the mistake of finishing college early and now I wish I could have more! I love school, but I don't think I'd like grad school, I just like learning in general. So are you in a 2 year masters program and then you have to get tested to enter the Phd program (since you said masters/doctorate)? I had a friend at Stanford who had to do that and it was crazy intense...

paris29

Shiny_Rock
I do live in So Cal. I love the weather out here. Colorado that sounds nice.

Wedding and family drama I tell you it can get crazy. One of the reasons our small intimate wedding of 7 turned into a 45+ guest list. :???: O well nothing we can do about it now. Eloping sounds so hassle-free, your lucky. The further the better, I say. :lol:

Colored stones are gorgeous, I thought about getting a yellow canary diamond for my center stone early on in my ring search, but I was afraid one day I might grow tired of it and decided I better save colored stones for other types of jewelry like a necklace or earrings. I have seen a couple of pink diamond e-rings and that are absolutely gorgeous. Your ring sounds pretty, very classy. So let me see if I understand correctly, you have a RB diamond for the center stone and pink diamonds in the band? Correct me if I'm wrong.

2.66cts wow! You must post pics when you get it I cant wait to see it.

My birthstone is diamond too, are you an April baby?

My ring is not purchased yet, hopefully in the next 2 weeks. I go in so much I feel like I own it already it. Soon Soon. I have a great relationship with jeweler and she has since become my and FF's family jeweler. I'm obsessive too about my soon to be ring. I'm on count down. I wish it was purchased already so they could start sizing and making the setting and w-band as well as setting the diamond.

I love psychology especially the clinical side of it. I just finished my BA this summer. One year early (total of 3 years)! I did research in undergrad but I don't have as much of a passion for it as I do for the clinical aspect. I want to work directly with people iin a clinical atmosphere nstead of conducting research. It's an all in one program 2 years for master 2 for my doctorate and 1 or 2 for internship. This specific program is geared toward clinical instead of research. What did you major in?

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
So you could possibly have 4 more years of school plus an internship? Phew, that is a lot more school, but if you love it it's definitely worth it. Can you stop after your masters or are you going to go for the whole thing?

I majored in political science and philosophy, with the intention of going to law school. However, right before I was going to take the LSATs I was talked out of that career path. And thankfully, the people doing the talking were absolutely correct and I'm so glad I didn't waste all that time and money. The only downside is that I had to get an actual job after I graduated, so I say stay in school as long as possible.

Wow, I didn't know your wedding had gone all the way up to 45+ people. Is your family local or are you just there for school? That's quite an expansion from 7!

So my ring is just a plain solitaire on the outside. The pink diamond (for my April bday) and the periodot are inside the band, so they are actually invisible unless you are looking at the ring off of my finger (they are near where the designer would stamp their name in the band). They are more of a sentimental/personal touch and I just like the sound of "surprise stones."

Do you have the stone reserved? I'd be nervous that someone would snatch it up! How long does a local jewelry take to make a ring? You are one patient lady to know exactly what you want and yet wait a couple weeks to order it. I'd go nuts.

And let me tell you this about eloping - I am NOT looking forward to telling the families. I told my bf that we should just say we're going on vacation and then get married, but he wants to tell his parents. And we both know they are going to be angry and disappointed. My family will also be disappointed, but not nearly as much as his. I get chest pain just thinking about those conversations.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
paris29 said:

Yes paris, we looked together for rings about 3-4 months ago. He put the down payment on it while I was there with him because he knew that was the band I wanted, and the diamond I wanted placed inside of it :)) However, I have not seen it put together yet, so that will be a surprise. I know he has had it for a few weeks now, so I guess any day now? I know your pain though, it is so tough waiting and I drive myself crazy too!!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
nicoleben said:
paris29 said:

Yes paris, we looked together for rings about 3-4 months ago. He put the down payment on it while I was there with him because he knew that was the band I wanted, and the diamond I wanted placed inside of it :)) However, I have not seen it put together yet, so that will be a surprise. I know he has had it for a few weeks now, so I guess any day now? I know your pain though, it is so tough waiting and I drive myself crazy too!!

My FF and I picked out our ring the same way that you did. I told him which setting I like (the classic Tiffany in platinum, so pretty simple), and we picked out our diamond together. I was there when he made the down payment, and I know when he picked it up. I haven't seen it put together though, and I won't see it until he actually proposes. :)

I'm getting pretty antsy, too. I'm soooo ready to be his fiancee, but I'm getting the vibe that it's not happening super soon. I don't think it's going to be an extremely long time before he gives it to me, but I just can't think of any occasions that are coming up.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
shihtzulover said:
nicoleben said:
paris29 said:
My FF and I picked out our ring the same way that you did. I told him which setting I like (the classic Tiffany in platinum, so pretty simple), and we picked out our diamond together. I was there when he made the down payment, and I know when he picked it up. I haven't seen it put together though, and I won't see it until he actually proposes. :)

I'm getting pretty antsy, too. I'm soooo ready to be his fiancee, but I'm getting the vibe that it's not happening super soon. I don't think it's going to be an extremely long time before he gives it to me, but I just can't think of any occasions that are coming up.

You don't need a special occasion!! I was just speaking to my mother about this not even 2 hours ago. I told her the story how I was kind of nervous when he was on the floor hiding something the other day in the room. She laughed out loud and said, but those are the best proposals! Holidays and special occasions take away from your "special" day as a couple. So I would not discount any other day between then :))

I'm glad we picked it out the way we did though together. My ring is simple as well, 1 carat on a cathedral setting, middle setting, 4 prong. What can i say? I'm a simple girl.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
nicoleben said:
shihtzulover said:
nicoleben said:
paris29 said:

You don't need a special occasion!! I was just speaking to my mother about this not even 2 hours ago. I told her the story how I was kind of nervous when he was on the floor hiding something the other day in the room. She laughed out loud and said, but those are the best proposals! Holidays and special occasions take away from your "special" day as a couple. So I would not discount any other day between then :))

I'm glad we picked it out the way we did though together. My ring is simple as well, 1 carat on a cathedral setting, middle setting, 4 prong. What can i say? I'm a simple girl.

I know what you mean. He doesn't have to go all out for the proposal. It could be just the two of us at home on the couch, and I would be totally happy, but he told me that he wanted to plan something special - and we aren't really doing anything at all this weekend, other than hanging around the house and maybe going to a movie or something. I guess I'm just being impatient - lol. Of course, I want it to come really soon, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be this weekend.

I definitely want him to do it on his own time. I guess it's just tough because I feel like our relationship has seemed to be more perfect than normal for the past few days, and this time just feels so right to me. I'll just have to wait until he thinks it's the right time though. :)

Your ring sounds gorgeous! I think that the cathedrals are really pretty, but I wanted the thinnest band that I could find. All of the jewelry stores that I went to had cathedrals with slightly thicker bands than their classic Tiffanys. Also, I am a complete klutz, and I was afraid that the higher setting might be a problem for me. I'll definitely have to be careful, even with this lower setting, but hopefully the ring will actually stand a chance - lol.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Yes i totally agree with you that a low setting looks good on a thinner band. My band, I actually requested to have just a tad thicker, not tooooo thick, but thick enough because the thin band looked funny on my finger since it was set in the higher range.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like it's going to be gorgeous! I can't wait to see it. :)

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
Shitzulover just wanted to give you some ***dust*** for a surprise engagement this weekend!

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Calibali

Yep, four more years of school, 1yr internship, and about 1500+ hrs post doc before I can take the licensing test. I'm going for the whole thing, masters and doctorate.

I'm glad everything worked out for you and you were able to figure out you wanted a change in your career path before you become too heavily involved in something you didn't like.

Yeah, 45+ its so crazy. Most of my family is local. I'd say about 15-20 guest are my parents acquaintances, friends, and family.

Your ring sounds really pretty. I like the whole surprise stone thing, that's pretty cool. My bday is April 29th, when is yours?

My stones isn't reserved, unfortunately but I'm hoping it won't go anywhere before we go to purchase it. My jeweler said it would take about 3 weeks for everything to be ready. :blackeye: I'm going crazy waiting.

That's the only problem with eloping is dealing with everybody's emotions when they find out. Hopefully it will all go well. Good luck with that. I know its a lot of stress and anxiety, but if its what you want it will be well worth it in the end.

My FF should be telling his parents this weekend we are getting married, my parents already know. Hopefully it will all go will and a proposal will quickly follow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results