shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone else ever feel this way?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, Sammy!
35.gif

I think we''ve all felt that way at one point. Sometimes I take it personally, and I know that makes me lame. LOL. PS can sometimes feel "cliquey" and that only certain posters'' responses get any action. I''ve seen two people post the exact same thing and the better known person gets the acknowledgment.

I just think the more time you (you in general, not you specifically) spend here, the more we recognize you, and the more we''ll respond to your stuff. So you have to kind of tolerate being ignored for a bit. Haha.

I must admit, I am guilty of lurking on the posts of many, and only responding to a few. Sometimes I feel uncomfortable responding to some people unless I feel really strongly about saying something.

I''m shy. Even on here.
3.gif
5.gif

FWIW, I do read your posts and I like what you have to say! You seem like a great person, and it''s nice to have you over here in LIW!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
This thread cracks me up. Yes, I feel that way a lot, and I am an only child. I always remember you Sammy from your Av! I like it a lot.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 5:27:57 PM
Author: sammyj
whew...thanks for your responses and the hugs ladies! I think I just needed to get it off my chest and it was nice to hear that others feel the same way...

Bia - thanks for your comment about my presence on the LIW board. It means a lot to me!!! I love the LIW board so much that I almost don''t want to graduate to BWW...ok, maybe not.
3.gif

princesss - i like your analogy...and yes, post # does equate to the presence you have on this forum...and any forum for that matter! I can''t ever compete with those who have a gazillion posts and have been on PS for years and years! I''ll go post on your WW thread now....

DG - everyone wants to post with me! I''m a legend in my area...TOTALLY kidding...I''m just being a little facetious!! I could learn a thing or two from you...I''m a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to posting new threads!

trill - we should start a middle child club! you would definitely be missed if you disappeared. i love your humour and your outlook on life. plus, i''d LOVE to present your BF with the Person to Hold an E-ring Hostage the Longest Award. jk
41.gif

elrohwen - i agree...i definitely post in LIW the most and while there are tons of threads in Hangout and what-not where I feel like chiming in I tend to think twice. LIW is my safe haven.
1.gif

tlh - seriously woman, you came out of nowhere and you''re a force to be reckoned with! your posts are hilarious and i love how your throw out nookie talk whenever possible. you remind me of one of my best friends who adamantly refuses to sit at the end of a table and NEEDS to sit in the middle of everyone. it drives me a little nuts but i love her just the same!
You know, I really like metaphors. I just find nookie is a really fun way for people to get my drift. LIW, BWW, and sometimes life, throw enough curveballs/ messes with you, sometimes you just need a fresh - maybe comical way to look at things!

And I love your orange jelly belly avitar!
35.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Well, you all are officially invited to my Who''s Who thread. You can come and tell me how wonderful I am, OR how utterly boring you find my posts, and why you don''t feel even the slightest compulsion to acknowledge them, let alone respond to them. LOL.

Yup. Everyone is welcome.
35.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 7:15:02 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles
dreamgirl you are such a butt lol
i follow ALL of your posts! i think i comment on almost all of them so you can just....go sit on it!
as my dad would say lol he thinks he is the fonz

also, how do you find out if people are subscribed to you? that would be interesting to know :)
neenerneenerguy.gif
Yes, but I said "most" don''t come back.....

You are one Smurfy who returns to the LIW boards! And I enjoy following your wedding planning. I consider you one of my PS buddies
2.gif
I''m not sure the subscribe to poster''s works. I tried it once and it never did anything...??

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m a little late to this thread, but I feel this way on PS all the time (IRL some of the time). I lot of times I feel like I just post for my health
1.gif
. I keep a lot of my strong opinions to myself, so I feel like I haven''t made a "name" for myself here.

Dreamgirl, count me as another "graduated" LIW who comes back all the time (and I almost always comment on your posts, might I add
2.gif
). I like the discussions on this board a lot.

And Trill, don''t worry--I notice your posts all the time! I like the voice that comes across in them. My Who''s Who thread has a very, very small following (if one can call it that?), so I can identify with that contributing to the invisible feeling.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
kitty- Yes I know! Thank you! I consider you a good PS friend of mine! I think a lot of people (including myself sometimes) tend to forget about the Who''s Who area. I wonder why that is? lol

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 2:32:49 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
kitty- Yes I know! Thank you! I consider you a good PS friend of mine! I think a lot of people (including myself sometimes) tend to forget about the Who''s Who area. I wonder why that is? lol
Happy to be your PS buddy, friend. I sometimes forget about Who''s Who and don''t check it for days or weeks--not sure why, ''cause I love getting to know PSers better.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
thanks mscushion...i definitely notice your posts too!!
1.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 5:11:09 AM
Author: supergirl10
Sweetie I totally feel you! I can''t speak for how you personally feel, but I posted a topic in BWW and 107 people have looked at the post and not a single person has reponded and I posted on monday! It really hurts its kinda like unless you are a really frequent poster and always starting threads then no-one cares who you are or what you have to say. I was actually going to start a topic like this also. Although I don''t post everytime I am on pricescope at least once a day.

Well I always ready everything you post
1.gif
and the reason I am responding to this post instead of just reading and not posting, is because I want you to know that people on here do appreciate you!
awww....that does suck! after i read your post i went over to BWW and found your thread but i didn''t get a chance to respond because i had to go to work. it''s funny that i never saw it before! i guess it''s true what Bia said upthread...people have to sift through a lot of posts and sometimes some of them get lost in the mix.

thanks so much for responding. i''m too lazy to go find the hug emotie, but *big hug* to you!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
SammyJ, I always notice and enjoy your posts as well! I love your avatar.

Thought: maybe my posts (and this could, of course, go for anyone) get lost in the shuffle because I''m always late to threads!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Again, thanks so much for your responses ladies! I feel like I went fishing for compliments but really, that was not the intention of my post! I really appreciate all of your kind words.

DebShine - your mom is so cute! I am the middle of 3 girls and we''re all fairly close in age but with drastically different personalities. I have always been known as the sensitive and caring one, i.e. the one who is going to take care of my parents in their old age!

trill - haha...there you go making me laugh again! I''m a crafty one so I''d LOVE to make your BF a banner then roll it up and bop him over the head with it!!

Lorelei - thanks for the really sweet words. I really value the advice you give in RT even though I''m not looking for my diamond per se...I did forward your RB Crib Sheet to my BF though!

newsgirl - I notice your posts too! thanks for chiming in...
1.gif

elle - big fat DITTO to your first paragraph because you echoed my sentiments exactly. And yes, I think I''m lame too for caring so much! haha....I am growing thicker skin with every post for the sake of PS!

miscka - yes...this thread is odd. It''s a shout-out to sensitive PSers everywhere!!

kitty - i keep a lot of opinions to myself too but it''s mostly because I can be awfully snarky and sarcastic! I always think back to when I was lurking and there was a thread that Iwanna started about what people really want to say to others...Or, everyone else has just said it better so I keep my thougths to myself.

DG - I don''t know how I missed your comment before about LIW graduates leaving and never coming back. I''ll tell you this...I''ll definitely keep posting in LIW when I graduate! I wouldn''t even be on PS if it weren''t for LIW!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:58:56 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Date: 2/3/2009 7:15:02 PM

Author: Smurfysmiles

dreamgirl you are such a butt lol

i follow ALL of your posts! i think i comment on almost all of them so you can just....go sit on it!

as my dad would say lol he thinks he is the fonz

also, how do you find out if people are subscribed to you? that would be interesting to know :)
neenerneenerguy.gif
Yes, but I said ''most'' don''t come back.....

You are one Smurfy who returns to the LIW boards! And I enjoy following your wedding planning. I consider you one of my PS buddies
2.gif
I''m not sure the subscribe to poster''s works. I tried it once and it never did anything...??
yay for ps buddies!

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
I feel the same way... but then again it took me forever to reply to your post!! So I guess I''m not helping
40.gif
.. Sometimes I don''t post if I feel like I''m going to say the same thing as someone else too... but I do enjoy reading everything! Everyone has a lot of interesting opinions, and stories, I love this forum!
9.gif

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
I am new so I haven''t been here long enough to see whether or not I''ll feel this way..

However, I have noticed the ''favortism'' but it is probably because I read into things too much and I, too, am a middle child! I think it really is a difference of just how long people have been here... I mean, the longer and more involved a L-I-W can be the deeper the bonds are? I don''t know.. I feel like I''m getting Freudian :razz:

Nonetheless, I like your posts - especially cause you''re from close to me! And now that I know you''re a middle child too.. he he he.

I want in on this middle child club :)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 10:55:00 AM
Author: nail_polish
I am new so I haven''t been here long enough to see whether or not I''ll feel this way..

However, I have noticed the ''favortism'' but it is probably because I read into things too much and I, too, am a middle child! I think it really is a difference of just how long people have been here... I mean, the longer and more involved a L-I-W can be the deeper the bonds are? I don''t know.. I feel like I''m getting Freudian :razz:

Nonetheless, I like your posts - especially cause you''re from close to me! And now that I know you''re a middle child too.. he he he.

I want in on this middle child club :)
You think it''s favoritism, but its not. I thought the same thing when I first joined (almost a year ago). Its common for people who first join to be shy-er, so maybe your posts aren''t seen as much by the vets. Also, its natural to respond/comment to posts from members you''ve known for a bit, those who become friends, essentially.

You''re in a good place here, trust me. Don''t ever feel like your input isnt valued, because it is.
2.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sammy!!!
35.gif

I just wanted to say that for what it''s worth I notice when you post. We joined PS right around the same...and actually whenever I posted something new I always noticed that you were one of the first people to comment
16.gif
... and I think your a great addition to PS!!
9.gif

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
I feel sad when girls get engaged and disappear. Anyone remember Erin?? And her DisneyLand proposal? She was constantly on here during the run up to her proposal and then disappeared! Unless she''s in BIW... I never go over there as fear it may push me over the egde...

ringless

Shiny_Rock
SammyJ

I love reading your posts! :) ... and i''m also a middle child
emwink.gif

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Yes, chocolatefudge... i think her name on here was Blonde_Bunny? Is that right?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Wistful Aurora and ams, thanks for your responses! It''s nice to know people are reading...and I''ve come to realize that it''s easy to skip over some posts, or think to yourself that you''ll respond later and then forget. I read all of your posts too!
1.gif

ringless,
35.gif
to another middle child! I am avidly following your LIW story and I just wanted to send a *hug.*

nail_polish and Bia, I see/understand the ''favouritism'' bit. It''s easy to feel that way when you''re fairly new, and that your perception of it will change once you become a more frequent poster and more easily recognized in the world of PS. It''ll take time...goodness knows how long it will take me to earn my 10,000 post reward (probably never!)!
41.gif

And yes, I think chocolatefudge was referring to BB. She''s in BWW.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 4:04:33 PM
Author: ringless
Yes, chocolatefudge... i think her name on here was Blonde_Bunny? Is that right?
Actually, I think chocolatefudge was referring to MissErin, who had an amazing Disney proposal in about February or so of last year (when I was still lurking away!). She was such a sweet girl, and I didn''t see her post after her ring/engagement photos
8.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 5:04:33 PM
Author: kittybean

Actually, I think chocolatefudge was referring to MissErin, who had an amazing Disney proposal in about February or so of last year (when I was still lurking away!). She was such a sweet girl, and I didn''t see her post after her ring/engagement photos
8.gif
Ohhh...that''s funny! I *think* BB''s name is Erin and she had a sweet Disney proposal too!
innocentwhistle.gif
It''s a small world after all....
flutist2.gif
(pun intended
9.gif
)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 5:18:25 PM
Author: sammyj

Date: 2/9/2009 5:04:33 PM
Author: kittybean

8.gif
Ohhh...that''s funny! I *think* BB''s name is Erin and she had a sweet Disney proposal too!
innocentwhistle.gif
It''s a small world after all....
flutist2.gif
(pun intended
9.gif
)
I didn''t know that BB''s name was also Erin. What a funny coincidence!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Sammy and TLH have been been summoned to Who''s Who.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results