carat
color
clarity

Anyone else addicted to Starbucks? Particularly their new:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Anyone else addicted to Starbucks? Particularly their n

LittleRiver|1351215316|3292580 said:
OmgIhavetotrythissaltedcaramelofwhichyouspeak.

My all-time favorite is the Gingerbread Latte around Christmas. One year, my friends bought me a bottle of the syrup to use at home, but it just wasn't the same :Up_to_something:
It never is, is it? I've had SO MANY students who work at Starbucks, and I always ask them to give my the recipe for the Caramel Apple Spice. I then try it at home, and NOPE, not as good. I keep thinking one of them is going to give me a slightly different recipe that makes all the difference, but not yet. Harumph.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

lin_ny|1351182808|3292199 said:
stargurl78|1351182624|3292195 said:
stargurl78 said:
YES! And my drink of choice right now is the pumpkin spice latte since it is starting to feel like fall around here. I'm going to have to try one of these salted caramel beverages though, I've never had one!

You all just reminded me that very soon I will get to indulge in my other favorite, a peppermint white chocolate mocha latte :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: Mmmmm... Best thing about the holiday season!
You can have peppermint white mocha all year around :)

Oh no, you shouldn't tell me that! :Up_to_something: Honestly, that drink might be a bit too "Christmasy" to drink year round though...

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock

stargurl78|1351254119|3292756 said:
stargurl78 said:
YES! And my drink of choice right now is the pumpkin spice latte since it is starting to feel like fall around here. I'm going to have to try one of these salted caramel beverages though, I've never had one!

You all just reminded me that very soon I will get to indulge in my other favorite, a peppermint white chocolate mocha latte :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: Mmmmm... Best thing about the holiday season!

Oh no, you shouldn't tell me that! :Up_to_something: Honestly, that drink might be a bit too "Christmasy" to drink year round though...
Iced peppermint mocha for the summer? :Up_to_something:

princesss

Ideal_Rock

Haven|1351188744|3292264 said:
Phoenix|1351169727|3292035 said:
Haven|1351101237|3291510 said:
I LOVE their peppermint hot chocolate. I just had it for the first time last weekend, and as soon as I took that first sip I swear I heard a church choir doing a round of "AMENS!" Delicious.

I don't like their coffee, but I also love their caramel apple spice. I never go there unless I have a gift card, but lucky for me the most popular gifts I get from others are gift cards to Starbucks and book stores--perfect!

Okie, you've just killed me, you know that, right, lol!! :bigsmile: They don't even have that in Singapore!! ;( ;( ;(
Oh, I am so sorry, dear! Really, I mean I am so sorry they don't have it in Singapore! You poor thing!!!! It's my favorite indulgence in the whole wide world.

We must have similar taste, because I also adore peppermint anything. :lickout: I know I've shared my despair over the seasonality of Peppermint Joe Joe's on other threads here on PS. That is always the saddest day of the year, when I walk into Trader Joe's and they are OUT for the year. :(sad

Every time I go, I get a box of the candy cane Joe-Joes and a box of the salted caramel chocolates. Then I ration them out through the rest of the year. But I'm only allowed one box of dark chocolate covered candy cane Joe-Joes. Those are dangerous.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

No addiction here. If I go to starbucks I only get the passion tea or the skinny vanilla latte...nothing else. And I wont let myself try anything else ever because I know what it will lead to ----> an addiction :errrr:

I AM addicted to iced coffee though :)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

lin_ny|1351264072|3292847 said:
stargurl78|1351254119|3292756 said:
stargurl78 said:

Mmm that sounds perfect! :bigsmile: :lickout:

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Living in Seattle, you can't get away from the 'Bux. There is literally one on every block, sometimes even more than one. It's nuts. And I can see the HQ building from my office window (the Castle of Coffee, as I call it). I would rather support non-chain coffee shops, but there are none within a reasonable distance from where I work, so if I don't make coffee in the morning or if I need to run out for some during the day, Starbucks it is. At least it's still a "local" company...Anyway, I don't like sweet stuff in my coffee so I just get dark roast (i think the Pike Place blend is yucky and don't care for light roasts, but most of their dark roasts are pretty good) or a regular latte if I'm feeling indulgent. And yes, I do spend way too much money there instead of the gem and jewelry stores!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

I pass by two Starbucks on my commute to work - one right before getting on the freeway, and another right before getting to my school. Then there's a Peets 2 min walk from work, and a Philz (AMAZING coffee for those in the Bay Area) a couple miles away. It's bad, guys, bad.

And one of my former students just gave me a Starbucks card for writing his letter of rec, so more incentive.

I can't wait until the holidays - I love eggnog lattes :)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You ladies are KILLING me, you know that, right?! :bigsmile:

Seriously though, sometimes I calculate what I spend/ what DH and I spend on Starbucks and it makes me wonder if our money would be better spent elsewhere, like bling (but of course! :wink2: ), more/ better furniture, doing up our garden etc...

I don't think I could ever successfully wean myself of SB. It's just too hard, lol!

Must try the eggnog drink(s) next time I have an opportunity.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

princesss|1351264886|3292857 said:
Haven|1351188744|3292264 said:
Phoenix|1351169727|3292035 said:
Haven|1351101237|3291510 said:
I LOVE their peppermint hot chocolate. I just had it for the first time last weekend, and as soon as I took that first sip I swear I heard a church choir doing a round of "AMENS!" Delicious.

I don't like their coffee, but I also love their caramel apple spice. I never go there unless I have a gift card, but lucky for me the most popular gifts I get from others are gift cards to Starbucks and book stores--perfect!

Okie, you've just killed me, you know that, right, lol!! :bigsmile: They don't even have that in Singapore!! ;( ;( ;(
Oh, I am so sorry, dear! Really, I mean I am so sorry they don't have it in Singapore! You poor thing!!!! It's my favorite indulgence in the whole wide world.

We must have similar taste, because I also adore peppermint anything. :lickout: I know I've shared my despair over the seasonality of Peppermint Joe Joe's on other threads here on PS. That is always the saddest day of the year, when I walk into Trader Joe's and they are OUT for the year. :(sad

Every time I go, I get a box of the candy cane Joe-Joes and a box of the salted caramel chocolates. Then I ration them out through the rest of the year. But I'm only allowed one box of dark chocolate covered candy cane Joe-Joes. Those are dangerous.

Haven, Princesss, what are these Joe Joe's? Do you have a pic or a link to them?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Haven|1351215727|3292583 said:
LittleRiver|1351215316|3292580 said:
OmgIhavetotrythissaltedcaramelofwhichyouspeak.

My all-time favorite is the Gingerbread Latte around Christmas. One year, my friends bought me a bottle of the syrup to use at home, but it just wasn't the same :Up_to_something:
It never is, is it? I've had SO MANY students who work at Starbucks, and I always ask them to give my the recipe for the Caramel Apple Spice. I then try it at home, and NOPE, not as good. I keep thinking one of them is going to give me a slightly different recipe that makes all the difference, but not yet. Harumph.
Here is the recipe:

http://threeyearsofdeath.blogspot.ca/2010/12/ex-barista-speaks-out.html

:lickout:

ETA: Pinterest has quite a few recipes, but this one looked the most legitimate.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

Haven|1351310212|3293364 said:
They're so awesome they have their own FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trader-Joes-Candy-Cane-Joe-Joes/39500426458

They're called "Candy Cane Joe Joes" not peppermint. Oops! They're amazing.
They're like the golden child of Thin Mint and an Oreo.
Candy Cane Joe-Joes make a great crust for this recipe: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/bars/peppermint-cream-bites/

When the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolates came out a few years ago, I think I actually gained about 10 pounds that winter. I don't think they've been as good since, though, since they got rid of their Signature Hot Chocolate and just use their ordinary (in my view, lousy) hot chocolate which is steamed milk with mocha and vanilla syrups.

hoover

Shiny_Rock

It's freakin' cold outside but I just had to have a cool lime refresher this afternoon.

Then DH asked me if I wanted to go for coffee after dinner. He had to twist my rubber arm - it would have just been rude to turn down a non-fat caramel macchiato, right?

I am such a glutton and feel so guilty for doing the 'bux twice today. At least I had the willpower to not order a cranberry bliss bar for dessert :wink2:

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock

stargurl78 said:
lin_ny said:
stargurl78 said:
lin_ny said:
stargurl78 said:
stargurl78 said:

Mmm that sounds perfect! :bigsmile: :lickout:

I love an iced peppermint latte (just the peppermint syrup, no mocha) in the summer :lickout:

angelcityjewelers

Rough_Rock
Trade

i love starbucks, I pretty much live there, i take my laptop and stay there for hours, drinking coffee.. lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results