clarity

Anyone else addicted to Starbucks? Particularly their new:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate?

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/chocolate/salted-caramel-hot-chocolate

Ooooh, I hate them!! :cheeky: :wink2:

Honestly, I've had this love-hate affair ongoing with Starbucks for YEARS!! First, it was their cappuccino, then it was mocha, then chocolate cream chip frappuccino, then chocolate cream chip black sesame frappuccino, then green tea frappuccino and now I am hooked on their salted caramel varieties (be it with hot chocolate or mocha).

I really really hate Starbucks! They're EVIL!! :devil: and yet I can't wean myself off them, lol!! :tongue: :twirl:

So after having devoured this hot delicious concoction today, I went running & doing the elliptical for a total 13km (=8 miles) and yet now at mid-night I sit here dreaming about their Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate!! OMG!! :o

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Anyone else addicted to Starbucks? Particularly their n

I am on day 24 of my whole 30 cleanse. I am doing really great. There are no cravings to be had, except for one...STARBUCKS! I miss my mochas, my caramel macchiatos, and my iced coffees with MILK!

Yes, I feel your pain. I can do without all of the other things in the whole thirty. Actually, I am LOVING the way I feel. But, I loves my coffee!

I am drinking it black. It just isn't the same. :nono:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

I get the salted caramel mocha. If you get it with nonfat milk and no whip, it's 290 calories. Totally worth it. It's probably a good thing my baby has forced me to give up dairy, because I'd be getting one every day.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG YES.

The closest Starbucks is about five minutes away from my office. **Thank goodness** it's not within walking distance, I'd drown myself in white mochas!

We have a perfectly good espresso machine at home, I have starbucks espresso beans and the Fontanna syrup they used to use before they made their own... I still buy them wayyy too often though. Now it's peppermint white mocha season and my purse is wailing!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

They have the salted caramel stuffs every fall. It's yummy. I also like their eggnog latte and peppermint mocha for winter. You can order peppermint mocha year-round though. Salted caramel are only available until they run out of the salt they use because I tried to order one in January this year, and the barista said I don't have the salts anymore.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

YES! And my drink of choice right now is the pumpkin spice latte since it is starting to feel like fall around here. I'm going to have to try one of these salted caramel beverages though, I've never had one!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I do love a caramel macchiato. Hot. I just started drinking them this past year. Previously, I would almost always order an Americano, hot, occasionally iced in the summer. Fortunately, the service at my local starbucks is really really really slow, so I've stopped going!! In the afternoons, I brew a nice french roast at home. Yum!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

I LOVE their peppermint hot chocolate. I just had it for the first time last weekend, and as soon as I took that first sip I swear I heard a church choir doing a round of "AMENS!" Delicious.

I don't like their coffee, but I also love their caramel apple spice. I never go there unless I have a gift card, but lucky for me the most popular gifts I get from others are gift cards to Starbucks and book stores--perfect!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

I have had a problem with the Salted Caramel yumminess since they introduced it a couples years ago. SOOOO good :love:

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock

I'm afraid to try it! :blackeye:

We live not but a 30 second walk from Starbucks and I know if I got anything other than a Venti Bold, with 12 ice cubes and no room for cream, I'd be in trouble--with my weight that is. How many calories are in those?????

Edited to add: Last year,right around Christmas, they sold the salted caramel hot chocolate in take home gift packs. I bought a bunch and gave them as gifts to friends. Hey, I figure if my friends are fatter I look skinnier! HA! :naughty:

hoover

Shiny_Rock

Oh... I l :love: ve Starbucks!

I don't like their brewed coffees, but the caramel lattes, caramel macchiatos, passion tea lemonades, peppermint mochas, frappuccinos - YUM!! :cheeky: I order my milk based drinks with skim milk, and drinks are always with regular syrups (the sugar-free stuff just doesn't taste right to me).

I spend way too much $$$ there, but it's SO good...

hoover

Shiny_Rock

MyDiamondSparkles|1351118865|3291702 said:
I'm afraid to try it! :blackeye:

We live not but a 30 second walk from Starbucks and I know if I got anything other than a Venti Bold, with 12 ice cubes and no room for cream, I'd be in trouble--with my weight that is. How many calories are in those?????

Edited to add: Last year,right around Christmas, they sold the salted caramel hot chocolate in take home gift packs. I bought a bunch and gave them as gifts to friends. Hey, I figure if my friends are fatter I look skinnier! HA! :naughty:

:lol: :lol: :lol: that's awesome! I should totally do that this year

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock

I find their flavoured drinks a bit too sweet so I tend to stick to a tall decaf latte! Mmmmm... my fav!

But I'm a total sucker when eggnog latte season rolls around.

I have one a day. Seriously. ONE. EVERY. DAY!!!! :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

bobbin

Shiny_Rock

I don't know if it tastes different here in Australia, but I cannot stand the way their coffee tastes! It is such a shame as they have such a wide range of really yummy-sounding coffee!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You ladies are really NOT helping, you know that, right? :wink2: :bigsmile:

I did not know that salted caramel was a fall / autumn flavour (sorry we Brits say autumn so when I see "fall" I have to do a double-take, lol) . OMG, what would I do if they took it away in a few months' time here in Singapore? I think I'd surely die!! 8) :tongue:

Peppermint, OMG, I love peppermint or minty anything!! I am going to look for it tomorrow. Thanks a lot (not, lol)!! :bigsmile:

I have never tried eggnog coffee or eggnog anything! I don't think we have it here or even in the UK (someone pls correct me if I am wrong). I am never in the US in the winter (no frigid Chicago winter, thank God!!) What does it actually taste like? I googled eggnog but I still have no idea what it should taste like.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

hoover|1351133627|3291880 said:
Oh... I l :love: ve Starbucks!

I don't like their brewed coffees, but the caramel lattes, caramel macchiatos, passion tea lemonades, peppermint mochas, frappuccinos - YUM!! :cheeky: I order my milk based drinks with skim milk, and drinks are always with regular syrups (the sugar-free stuff just doesn't taste right to me).

I spend way too much $$$ there,
but it's SO good...

OMG, I keep thinking: how much money could I put toward my bling budget instead of wasting it on Starbucks!! :sick:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

bobbin|1351166139|3292000 said:
I don't know if it tastes different here in Australia, but I cannot stand the way their coffee tastes! It is such a shame as they have such a wide range of really yummy-sounding coffee!

Hah, it's funny you should say that! When I lived in Shanghai, I found Starbucks coffee sooooooo diluted it was horrible! I had to ask for extra strong coffee (with 2 extra espresso "thingy's" each time). In the UK (London), I found Starbucks coffee really strong.

Thank God in Singapore they get it right, at least strength and flavour-wise. I still have to stress that I'd like my hot drinks EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA HOT PLEASE!! 8)

I think the problem probably lies in the fact that Starbucks are essentially franchises. How the drinks taste would depend on how each of the franchises operates. In SG, a new franchise opened just a month or two ago across from another one that's been there for years. The new one is super-trendy, is nice and bright and open and it has a section specifically dedicated to wireless surfing (a totally new concept here in Starbucks SG but not new from what I observed last time I was in the US) as well as an "outdoors" section which is in fact half outdoors/ half indoors which works out really well, because SG is far too hot to really sit totally outside.

Also, Australia (esp. Melbourne) has a very strong coffee culture, right? I dunno which state you live in but when I was in Melbourne last, I didn't see any Starbucks as I assume competition would be far too hard for them over there (?).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

amc80|1351092712|3291416 said:
I get the salted caramel mocha. If you get it with nonfat milk and no whip, it's 290 calories. Totally worth it. It's probably a good thing my baby has forced me to give up dairy, because I'd be getting one every day.

I don't actually get any whip, I wonder how many calories it'd be then?

I may try half-regular, half-non fat next time. Skimmed milk or non-fat here in SG is tasteless, really watery! :knockout: I wonder how non-fat milk tastes in the US?

Congrats on your pregnancy! :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Haven|1351101237|3291510 said:
I LOVE their peppermint hot chocolate. I just had it for the first time last weekend, and as soon as I took that first sip I swear I heard a church choir doing a round of "AMENS!" Delicious.

I don't like their coffee, but I also love their caramel apple spice. I never go there unless I have a gift card, but lucky for me the most popular gifts I get from others are gift cards to Starbucks and book stores--perfect!

Okie, you've just killed me, you know that, right, lol!! :bigsmile: They don't even have that in Singapore!! ;( ;( ;(

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1351093990|3291438 said:
OMG YES.

The closest Starbucks is about five minutes away from my office. **Thank goodness** it's not within walking distance, I'd drown myself in white mochas!

We have a perfectly good espresso machine at home, I have starbucks espresso beans and the Fontanna syrup they used to use before they made their own... I still buy them wayyy too often though. Now it's peppermint white mocha season and my purse is wailing!!

I had to google "Fontana syrup". Is it the same as this?

http://www.starbucksstore.com/fontana-caramel-sauce/000188039,default,pd.html#

Also, how does that taste compared to the mocha and toffee nut syrup, which I *think* is the caramel sauce that they use in the Salted Caramel chocolate/ mocha/ [insert your fave here]? Or is the mocha and toffee nut syrup what you say is "their own"?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Phoenix said:
I have never tried eggnog coffee or eggnog anything! I don't think we have it here or even in the UK (someone pls correct me if I am wrong). I am never in the US in the winter (no frigid Chicago winter, thank God!!) What does it actually taste like? I googled eggnog but I still have no idea what it should taste like.

I don't think I can even describe the taste of eggnog...it's something you'll have to try for yourself. You know, you can make it yourself! :)

Phoenix said:
amc80|1351092712|3291416 said:

I don't actually get any whip, I wonder how many calories it'd be then?

I may try half-regular, half-non fat next time. Skimmed milk or non-fat here in SG is tasteless, really watery! :knockout: I wonder how non-fat milk tastes in the US?

Congrats on your pregnancy! :appl:

On SB's website you can get the calorie count for any drink! My normal drink is a (ready for this?) grande 5 pump skinny no-foam vanilla latte. It's 120 calories (I believe)...which mean if I give up two I can just about substitute a salted caramel mocha. Hmm...

Oh, baby is here! 11 weeks yesterday. And he gets ridiculously gassy when I eat dairy. I wouldn't mind it during the summer, but during the winter it's just mean. I look forward to these holiday drinks all year!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock

Phoenix|1351168482|3292021 said:
You ladies are really NOT helping, you know that, right? :wink2: :bigsmile:

I did not know that salted caramel was a fall / autumn flavour (sorry we Brits say autumn so when I see "fall" I have to do a double-take, lol) . OMG, what would I do if they took it away in a few months' time here in Singapore? I think I'd surely die!! 8) :tongue:

Peppermint, OMG, I love peppermint or minty anything!! I am going to look for it tomorrow. Thanks a lot (not, lol)!! :bigsmile:

Eggnog is like... indescribable. Christmas in a cup, basically. I love it in my latte but I also love it over ice with rum.

The full fat stuff is super high in calories, fat, and sugar.

That's what we drink when we set up our Christmas tree... and throughout Christmas really. It's heavenly. :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

stargurl78 said:
YES! And my drink of choice right now is the pumpkin spice latte since it is starting to feel like fall around here. I'm going to have to try one of these salted caramel beverages though, I've never had one!

You all just reminded me that very soon I will get to indulge in my other favorite, a peppermint white chocolate mocha latte :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: Mmmmm... Best thing about the holiday season!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1351179685|3292148 said:
On SB's website you can get the calorie count for any drink! My normal drink is a (ready for this?) grande 5 pump skinny no-foam vanilla latte. It's 120 calories (I believe)...which mean if I give up two I can just about substitute a salted caramel mocha. Hmm...

Oh, baby is here! 11 weeks yesterday. And he gets ridiculously gassy when I eat dairy. I wouldn't mind it during the summer, but during the winter it's just mean. I look forward to these holiday drinks all year!
Although you wouldn't want to have a ton of soy because it's estrogenic, when I did my cleanse I enjoyed a few soy drinks from starbucks. It's a bit of a different flavour but when you're dousing it in sugar and coffee it's do-able!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock

stargurl78|1351182624|3292195 said:
stargurl78 said:

You all just reminded me that very soon I will get to indulge in my other favorite, a peppermint white chocolate mocha latte :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: Mmmmm... Best thing about the holiday season!
You can have peppermint white mocha all year around :)

labellavita81

Shiny_Rock

Phoenix|1351091365|3291400 said:
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate?

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/chocolate/salted-caramel-hot-chocolate

Ooooh, I hate them!! :cheeky: :wink2:

Honestly, I've had this love-hate affair ongoing with Starbucks for YEARS!! First, it was their cappuccino, then it was mocha, then chocolate cream chip frappuccino, then chocolate cream chip black sesame frappuccino, then green tea frappuccino and now I am hooked on their salted caramel varieties (be it with hot chocolate or mocha).

I really really hate Starbucks! They're EVIL!! :devil: and yet I can't wean myself off them, lol!! :tongue: :twirl:

So after having devoured this hot delicious concoction today, I went running & doing the elliptical for a total 13km (=8 miles) and yet now at mid-night I sit here dreaming about their Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate!! OMG!! :o

I just bought a salted carmel today! So yummy.
The price tag however, is not so yummy. $5.37 with tax for a grande! EEEK!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Phoenix|1351169727|3292035 said:
Haven|1351101237|3291510 said:

Okie, you've just killed me, you know that, right, lol!! :bigsmile: They don't even have that in Singapore!! ;( ;( ;(
Oh, I am so sorry, dear! Really, I mean I am so sorry they don't have it in Singapore! You poor thing!!!! It's my favorite indulgence in the whole wide world.

We must have similar taste, because I also adore peppermint anything. :lickout: I know I've shared my despair over the seasonality of Peppermint Joe Joe's on other threads here on PS. That is always the saddest day of the year, when I walk into Trader Joe's and they are OUT for the year. :(sad

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Oh I also love their peppermint hot chocolate, Haven!!! Sooo good!!!

Now I'm going to have to try this salted stuff. Evil enablers!!! :))

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock

I'm so glad I don't like Starbucks!! They are overpriced and the good stuff is too sweet and fattening. Blech.

Go COLD TURKEY!!! :bigsmile:

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock

OmgIhavetotrythissaltedcaramelofwhichyouspeak.

My all-time favorite is the Gingerbread Latte around Christmas. One year, my friends bought me a bottle of the syrup to use at home, but it just wasn't the same :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results