color
clarity

Anyone done an Alaskan cruise?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
sonnyjane|1370579566|3460728 said:
Skippy|1370579071|3460722 said:
sonnyjane|1370578540|3460716 said:
So far for excursions I have a whale-watching boat/nature hike booked for Juneau and sea kayaking in Sitka along with a visit to the Raptor Center afterward on my time (not with the ship). Nothing planned for Ketchikan yet as nothing looks too appealing, at least not worth the price! If anyone did something fun in Ketchikan, let me know!

On your list the only place I have not been to is Ketchikan. My FIL and cousin have been there.
I can ask them what they did?

So in Juneau are you going to Mendenhall Glacier? If not, I would for sure do that.

You will actually or should see a lot of Whales on your Glacier Bay trip.

The excursions at this point are all refundable so I can change if I want to right now. My friend recommended the "Glacier Trek" on Mendenhall but at $430 PER PERSON I can't wrap my head around that very easily. The trip I have booked currently was the highest ranked with the most reviews... it passes the glacier but there's no hiking on it.

I'm going in late September (last cruise of the season) so while it's good for lower fares and crowds, there are some excursions that aren't offered at that time of year. If there is a train in Ketchikan, it's not offered during my dates.

I'm a Libra which means I'm horrible at making decisions... I weigh the options constantly!

Sonny your last sentence :lol: , well at least you are honest! :bigsmile: I don't have a hard time making a decision; I am just insane about researching things to death and wanting input (btw, my hubby always tells me to just pick, lol, which is tough for me).

Yeah $430 is crazy! We did a helicopter ride and it was probably half that for each of us in Hawaii.

If you go Mendenhall and don't hike but do see it, that works! I loved seeing it!!

Oh and in Glacier Bay you see lots of Puffins, such cute little birds :love: I look forward to seeing your pictures!

eta: oh before I forget Sitka is quite small so the Rapture is good and there is the Totem pole Park near the rapture that is very cool to see

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Sonnyjane, I'm jealous! I'd really like to do an Alaskan cruise but my DH is very anti-cruise so he vetoes it every time I mention it. I'm not generally a huge fan of cruises but the Alaskan ones just sound so darn cool. Maybe I'll have to convince some friends to go one day instead. I live pretty near the cruise ship terminal in Seattle so I see the ships coming in and leaving every week -- will think of you in late Sept. when you're on one of them! :))

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Octavia|1370620127|3460922 said:
Sonnyjane, I'm jealous! I'd really like to do an Alaskan cruise but my DH is very anti-cruise so he vetoes it every time I mention it. I'm not generally a huge fan of cruises but the Alaskan ones just sound so darn cool. Maybe I'll have to convince some friends to go one day instead. I live pretty near the cruise ship terminal in Seattle so I see the ships coming in and leaving every week -- will think of you in late Sept. when you're on one of them! :))

I've been on a couple of Caribbean cruises... but they were party/Spring Break ones on Carnival. DH has never been on a cruise so he doesn't know what he's getting into lol. If you live in Seattle you have no reason not to lol!!! I'm kicking myself because we used to live in Anacortes yet while there, we never made it up to Alaska.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results