shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone do non-floral centerpieces? I need ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
OK, how much do I love IKEA?!

We just got all the stuff for our centerpieces, minus the rose petals which will come later, for like $80 total -- so much better than the $80-per-centerpiece florist quote!

DSCN3107.JPG

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
and one more! So we got the tall candleholders, the tealight holders, the mirrors, and all the candles themselves at IKEA. The petals in the photo are just some dried red ones I have at home, but for the wedding I think we'll have peach petals (the chairs are a sage green, so I think the peach will like nice and soft with that)

I'm just so happy with them! Nice and simple and pretty (at least I think so!). Having all shapes and sizes, like I originally thought I wanted, just didn't look as clean, and since the tables aren't very big, I think it's nice to keep it all contained on the mirror like that.

Oh yay!
36.gif

DSCN3105.JPG

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
great job! they look absolutely beautiful and definitely have an elegant feel!
and it seems like they''ll come together quickly on wedding day so you won''t be stressed.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Novia! At least we have a base to work with and something that we like, so we can always experiment and see if we want to mix it up a bit as the date draws closer (98 days to go!) :)

By the way, I love your name because my fiance and I call each other "mi novia" and "mi novio" too :)

lovemybug

Rough_Rock
those are really cute! i love the stripes on the candleholders.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Perfect! They''re simple and elegant.
I too will be doing a candle centerpiece, and am curious to know if the taper holder inside the cylinder can be removed. I was planning to use a pilar candle, possibly with petals inside the cylinder or colored glass.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

The taper holder does come out but the bottom of the piece is open once you remove it ... kind of hard to put it in words, so I''ll attach a pic of it with the taper holder removed (the photo is taken from the top down). Basically, you prob. could fit a pillar in there but not any petals or glass bits unless you somehow made a bottom for it!

DSCN3114.JPG

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Oh I just love those centerpieces! Very pretty. I had to control the urge not to go to IKEA after going to the mall last night because its just across the street. Fortunately, it was 9pm and it was closing anyways
20.gif
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results