shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone do centerpieces of all delphiniums or gladiolas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carats

Shiny_Rock
Anyone have any pictures of an all delphinium or gladiola centerpiece??

I''m looking to create a formal grand look but I''m trying to look into other options other than the standard roses, hydrangeas, orchids. Delphiniums with their long stems seem like they could be very pretty and grand looking in a large quantity bunched together..same with gladiolas. I love them, bring back wonderful memories from childhood, but i''ve never seen an all gladiola centerpiece. Anyone have any pics of these?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I just looked at this wedding yesterday that had delphinium centerpieces I thought looked absolutely striking (they used orchids too): Link (Scroll down a few pictures).

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Google Search

I just searched google images. I also attached a photo of the bouquet I used for my inspiration for my BM bouquets. I think they would look absolutely stunning as center pieces!

My mom used delphinium in her center pieces, but I do not have any photos on my computer. They were gorgeous, but more green than flower. Don't get me wrong, they looked absolutely gorgeous, I just prefer a bit more blooms per stalk. I guess it depends on where you get them from, the season, and the florist.

I hope that helps!

ETA: Glads are super cheap!

gladiolus arm bouquet 4624.jpg

Carats

Shiny_Rock
bump

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 5:05:38 AM
Author: mscushion
Yes, I just looked at this wedding yesterday that had delphinium centerpieces I thought looked absolutely striking (they used orchids too): Link (Scroll down a few pictures).

those delphinium centerpieces are lovely! I think they would look great :)

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Correction!!! Glads are super cheap if they are IN SEASON! I think this is late summer. When are you getting married?

Also, remember that to older ppl, glads are a funeral flower. So, I think you pretty much have to arrange them in a somewhat modern way. Those pics posted earlier of the white glads are awesome. You know, there was a white cloth in the bottom of that vase. You COULD do a pink one or a blue one, or whatever to add some color, it wouldn''t be obvious, but to those who notice would look really cool!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results