shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone been to Rio de Janeiro? Honeymoon suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi Guys. FI and I are talking about the honeymoon right now (we are getting married July 1st 2007). We are hoping to save enough points to fly for free by then so it will be last minute planning for us...but we can''t decide on a locale.

We are Canadians and thus don''t want to go somewhere really hot in July (like Mexico or Jamaica) b/c we save that sort of trip for the dead of winter when temps hit -30C!

However, we are thinking about Rio De Janeiro. Has anyone been there? How about other spots in Brazil? Is it a good Honeymoon destination? We are looking for a combo of relaxation and education

Any other ideas ?...
(other than the following places we have travelled to : England, Italy, many carribean islands, Australia, New Zealand, Cook Islands, China, NYC, Florida, LA, Mexico)

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Rio is fantastic!!! I absolutely LOVED it. Of course, I haven''t travelled much but it was an amazing trip. The food is incredible, the views are beautiful.. just a wonderful experience. I would absolutely recommend it!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!

That''s one vote for Rio
36.gif

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
i''ve never been to rio, so i can''t vote for or against it. but, if you''re looking for other ideas - what about the french riviera? there are so many towns - you can hit up monaco for a glam experience, nice for a bigger city, and there are a number of smaller, quaint beach towns that are just gorgeous. another option: croatia. i just mentioned this on someone else''s honeymoon thread - the beaches are absolutely breathtaking.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Thanks AceP

Croatia is actually on our ''short list'' as well! We have heard wonderful things, and I have done some research into it.
Any must-see cities you can suggest?

FR sounds fantastic too....oh the possibilities. I want to see them all!

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Croatia is incredible. When I went, I was coming from Italy, so I traveled via bus down the little penninsula on the western side of the country to Pula, at the tip of the penninsula. It was absolutely stunning - rocky cliffs dropping into crystal clear waters. The only downside is that there wasn't much tourist infrastructure. But, that was six years ago, and it's become a much more popular destination since. And the Dalmation Coast is where most people go - and from what I understand, while it's not as touristy as Cancun or something, it's become a hot enough spot that there are plenty of full service hotels, amenities, etc. The Dalmation Coast is supposed to be hands down one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
honeymoon suggestions? my fiance and i have been contemplating backpacking through europe- italy, france, prague, london, germany, spain....for 3 weeks.

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
biblio: you might want to start your own thread. all of the countries/cities you mention are wonderful in their own right, but you''re going to have trouble hitting all of those places in just three weeks. take a look at a Eurail map and narrow it down: london and western europe, or spain and southern europe, or prague and central europe. something like that.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
i agree--Europe is so dense and there is just so much to see. I spent 2 weeks in London alone and could have used more time! Decide what place you really want to see and narrow it down a bit. You''ll get a better feel for the locale instead of just being what i call a post-card tourist (only hitting the places you see in post-cards).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results