shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody have a good idea about how to get rid of fat around the abdomen?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

Lately I''ve noticed a lot of bloating around my stomach and I''m getting obsessed with getting rid of it. I''m a relatively thin person. I weigh 52kg and am 1.60m tall which is ok. It''s just that I''m disproportionately big around the stomach. Any ideas?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I just realised this probably belongs in the healthy lifestyle forum. Maybe it can be moved?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2010 7:22:04 AM
Author: mayerling
Oh, I just realised this probably belongs in the healthy lifestyle forum. Maybe it can be moved?
Asked admin to move it for you!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 8:04:08 AM
Author: Lorelei

Thanks Lorelei!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2010 8:32:50 AM

Date: 5/14/2010 8:04:08 AM
Author: Lorelei

Thanks Lorelei!
You are welcome!
35.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m starting to think this may be the only way.

0chainsawwwww.jpg

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 3:59:45 PM
Author: kenny
I''m starting to think this may be the only way.
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
In general, I think you''re born with a particular body type and there''s not much you can do except lose weight. I also gain around my tummy and it''s the first thing to gain and the last to go. Not much you can do about it!
39.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 4:19:21 PM
Author: elrohwen
In general, I think you''re born with a particular body type and there''s not much you can do except lose weight. I also gain around my tummy and it''s the first thing to gain and the last to go. Not much you can do about it!
39.gif

I agree there is often not much you can do about it. Even losing weight may not get rid of it - it goes with the body type. If it really bothers you, there is always liposuction.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
let me know if you find a non surgical, non chainsaw way to do it:) That''s my big problem area
23.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 5:07:07 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
let me know if you find a non surgical, non chainsaw way to do it:) That''s my big problem area
23.gif

yes - let`s think of other options besides saws.. particularly chainsaws - not a lot of delicacy possible with a chainsaw :)

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
So nobody has any ideas about foods to cut down on or exercises to do?

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 5:59:31 PM

There is no such thing as spot reduction. You cannot lose fat off your waist, just reduce your overall bodyfat. Exercising muscles in the area to an excessive amount will only build up those muscles, expanding your waistline even more. Google "Brittany Spears Syndrome" for more info. There are lots of food ideas in the Lifestyle subforum.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock

do you have Diabetes? if you do and are overweight, it is a place that tends to accumulate the extra.... if you know what i mean...

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s funny kenny, I was thinking Lipo! I am ready for whatever works, that doesn''t kill me.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Choosing the right clothing for your natural shape can be quite helpful.

You''re beautiful! Just learn to work with what you''ve got.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My sister-in-law swears by her ab-rocker. She went from barrel shaped to 6 packs in about 6 months! I think I''m going to have to get myself one.

Another friend used to go to a weightloss clinic where she got cortisone (I think) shots on her belly. It actually worked, she looked a lot flatter in the belly area, but it could also be the 30lb weight loss.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 6:05:03 PM
Author: Amethyste

do you have Diabetes? if you do and are overweight, it is a place that tends to accumulate the extra.... if you know what i mean...

No diabetes. Not overweight either. I only weigh 52kg and for my height that''s considered normal to thin.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I workout and eat right and the only thing left there for me is extra stretched skin from having children. That''s not so fun because I am very thin. I am thinking the chain saw would be perfect. LOL

appletini

Ideal_Rock
All you can do is lots of cardio. Do you eat a lot of dairy? Maybe try cutting back a little and see if that helps.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2010 10:57:04 AM
Author: appletini
All you can do is lots of cardio. Do you eat a lot of dairy? Maybe try cutting back a little and see if that helps.

I don''t eat a lot of dairy but the dairy that I do eat is full-fat, so I think I''ll switch to low-fat varieties. I do think I eat a lot of carbs though so I''m going to try to cut back on those. I think I''m going to be feeling very hungry, though.

joxxxelyn

Shiny_Rock
I disagree that there is nothing that can be done. Fat around the abdomen is a sign of unstable blood sugar and stress hormones like cortisol in the body. You may not be able to completely change your body type, but you can encourage your body to stop storing fat there. However, it will take you cutting out almost all processed carbohydrates from your body. This means no more soda, sugar, white bread, beer, alcohol, candy, cake, etc. (all the "white" stuff). If you want carbs you''ll need to eat Ezekiel bread and if you want pasta you need to make sure the label says "100% whole wheat," making sure that "100%" is there. It''s also a good idea to minimize chemicals in your diet like artificial sweeteners. If you do this and you add some dark vegetables I guarantee in a month you will see a difference. It''s harsh but it works. Also, simple walking to supplement this plan will be an easy cardio to do.

See the part on this page about abdominal fat. I suspect this situation applies to you. http://stress.about.com/od/stresshealth/a/cortisol.htm What that page doesn''t say but what I firmly believe is that eating junk food will result in having cortisol levels that are out of whack. If you eat those and on top of that you''re stressed like the article says, then you have a recipe for abdominal disaster. This has been my personal experience and I found in my weight loss that my eating habits greatly affected my abs.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I''m probably going to repeat a lot of already good information but, again, no such thing as spot reducing one body part. For women, it''s hard to remove belly fat; just the way we were designed.

The best thing to do for fat reduction is cardio. Ab exercise will only increase ab muscles, but won''t reduce fat. To really achieve a flat stomach, it takes a great deal of dedication to the right diet.

You also mentioned feeling bloated. Try to reduce some foods that make you feel bloated:
dairy (big one)
caffeinated beverages/soda
processed foods
foods high in sodium

Try uping your water intake.
Caveat: Some veggies are high in fiber making one gasy/bloated. I myself wouldn''t recommend cutting them out because they are good for you.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 12:23:51 PM
Author: joxxxelyn

I disagree that there is nothing that can be done. Fat around the abdomen is a sign of unstable blood sugar and stress hormones like cortisol in the body. You may not be able to completely change your body type, but you can encourage your body to stop storing fat there. However, it will take you cutting out almost all processed carbohydrates from your body. This means no more soda, sugar, white bread, beer, alcohol, candy, cake, etc. (all the ''white'' stuff). If you want carbs you''ll need to eat Ezekiel bread and if you want pasta you need to make sure the label says ''100% whole wheat,'' making sure that ''100%'' is there. It''s also a good idea to minimize chemicals in your diet like artificial sweeteners. If you do this and you add some dark vegetables I guarantee in a month you will see a difference. It''s harsh but it works. Also, simple walking to supplement this plan will be an easy cardio to do.

See the part on this page about abdominal fat. I suspect this situation applies to you. http://stress.about.com/od/stresshealth/a/cortisol.htm What that page doesn''t say but what I firmly believe is that eating junk food will result in having cortisol levels that are out of whack. If you eat those and on top of that you''re stressed like the article says, then you have a recipe for abdominal disaster. This has been my personal experience and I found in my weight loss that my eating habits greatly affected my abs.

Thanks for the advice joxxxelyn. What you said about stress is interesting. I''m the kind of person who''s always stressed about one thing or other but I''d never connected my englarged abdomen to it.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I am 53, 5''8" tall and weigh about 135 lbs. I have no belly now. I used to. Amazingly when I upped my fiber intake the belly went down. It took about a month to get used to increasing the fiber, but after I did I have a very flat belly.

My sister is shorter and heavier than me and she finally decided to try to up her fiber intake (both soluble and insoluble) and she has lost a lot of weight (and the belly) without even increasing her activity level. The fiber keeps her fuller longer and she no longer has the urge to snack.

If you decide to do this, slowly increase your fiber intake so that your body gets used to it, otherwise, you will be living in the bathroom!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results