shape
carat
color
clarity

Any way to make a bruise go away faster?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never had much luck with arnica rubs or sprays (which hurt less). However the arnica pellets work wonders! You get it in homeopathic section of whole foods/wild oats and the fancy pharmacies. I can''t remember the name but it''s french (I think) and comes in little blue cylinders where you twist the top and it dispenses little white pellets. You let them dissolve under your tongue to go straight into your blood stream (they''re a little sweet). I only get the blue cylinder type since I know arnica is actually poisonous to ingest if it isn''t prepared correctly.

I bruise like crazy too and Arnica is the most effective treatment for me with bruises and sprains and other injuries like that.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2007 2:39:21 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
OK, so this is what I''ve done so far:

I drank the vodka and tonic and rubbed the lemon on my leg. The dogs licked it off and later puked (I think there might be a connection there).
LMAO!
9.gif

sorry

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2007 3:30:07 PM
Author: IndieJones
I''ve never had much luck with arnica rubs or sprays (which hurt less). However the arnica pellets work wonders! You get it in homeopathic section of whole foods/wild oats and the fancy pharmacies. I can''t remember the name but it''s french (I think) and comes in little blue cylinders where you twist the top and it dispenses little white pellets. You let them dissolve under your tongue to go straight into your blood stream (they''re a little sweet). I only get the blue cylinder type since I know arnica is actually poisonous to ingest if it isn''t prepared correctly.

I bruise like crazy too and Arnica is the most effective treatment for me with bruises and sprains and other injuries like that.
That is what I use, not the cream so much.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2007 10:39:38 AM

Date: 6/18/2007 10:28:39 AM

Do I drink the vodka and tonic that I normally have with my lemons, or should I sprinkle that on there too?
9.gif
HI:

This is definately the best remedy. Alcohol vasodialates and the ice (from inside the drink to rub) vasoconstricts, so essentially you''ve got your solution in a glass. No pun intended.

BTW, we used medical leeches frequently while working in the hospital (I am an old nurse), and they were very efficient but not necessarily used for brusies--lucky for you. But I have TONS of leech stories I could share with you.......just ask....
9.gif
41.gif
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I got the pellets. BTW, did anyone''s come with instructions on how to get them OUT of the blue pellet dispenser??? What a PITA that was!! I had three portfolio managers in my office prying at the damn thing! We finally figured it out by accident (and not a moment too soon--we were about to make a field trip to the production center to chop the thing in half with the heavy duty paper cutter).

Anyway, now I''ve taken five and I''ll take five more before bed. Will keep you all posted. If these really do work it will be a HUGE boon for me! (Not to mention now the HH won''t be afraid to be seen in public with me a swimsuit lest people thing he beats me. Well, OK, maybe he still won''t want to be seen with me in public in a swimsuit...
20.gif
)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2007 6:27:29 PM
OK, I got the pellets. BTW, did anyone''s come with instructions on how to get them OUT of the blue pellet dispenser??? What a PITA that was!! I had three portfolio managers in my office prying at the damn thing! We finally figured it out by accident (and not a moment too soon--we were about to make a field trip to the production center to chop the thing in half with the heavy duty paper cutter).

Anyway, now I''ve taken five and I''ll take five more before bed. Will keep you all posted. If these really do work it will be a HUGE boon for me! (Not to mention now the HH won''t be afraid to be seen in public with me a swimsuit lest people thing he beats me. Well, OK, maybe he still won''t want to be seen with me in public in a swimsuit...
20.gif
)
You click the bottom and try to put them directly onto your tongue, apparently you don''t want to handle the pills as it is said they are more effective that way. Also keep some with you and take them ASAP if you get a bash or strain.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2007 6:29:44 PM
Author: Lorelei

20.gif
)

You click the bottom and try to put them directly onto your tongue, apparently you don''t want to handle the pills as it is said they are more effective that way. Also keep some with you and take them ASAP if you get a bash or strain.

OMG, are you kidding? About TEN people handled the things before they ever got to me. First they had to pick them up off the floor... then they all had to examine them because of their *tinyness*... then they gave them to me and I had to examine their tinyness... THEN they went in my mouth.

Oh lord.
23.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Dee, I''m dying here, seriously.

I''m sorry, I don''t mean to laugh, but the visual.....

Just do it per Nurse Lorelei''s instructions from now on.
9.gif
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOLY MOTHER OF MARY -- THE DOG JUST ATE ONE!

I HATE this damn pellet dispenser!! It is unmanageable! I was better off with the portfolio mangers and the paper cutter than I am with this stupid thing alone in my home office and the poor unsuspecting pooches.

Lorelei, seriously, can you come here and help me?!

(You don't think it will *kill* The Demon, do you?)

Here's a visual for you Ellen: pin-head sized white balls of herbal god-knows-what rolling all over the marble floor of my entryway and the dogs chasing them like there's some sort of prize involved. If the HH finds out he'll KILL me for endangering the pups!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Can''t say what''ll do to a dog.
23.gif

But if I remember those blue cylinders correctly you can turn it upside down with the cap still on, twist or click the bottom until the right number of pellets fall out, then take off the cap with the pellets in it and toss them into your mouth.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2007 9:51:32 PM
HOLY MOTHER OF MARY -- THE DOG JUST ATE ONE!

I HATE this damn pellet dispenser!! It is unmanageable! I was better off with the portfolio mangers and the paper cutter than I am with this stupid thing alone in my home office and the poor unsuspecting pooches.

Lorelei, seriously, can you come here and help me?!

(You don''t think it will *kill* The Demon, do you?)

Here''s a visual for you Ellen: pin-head sized white balls of herbal god-knows-what rolling all over the marble floor of my entryway and the dogs chasing them like there''s some sort of prize involved. If the HH finds out he''ll KILL me for endangering the pups!
The Demon and The Monster will be fine, arnica can be given to animals ! Be over in a bit...
25.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LMAO DeeJay, perhaps just letting the bruise disappear all by itself would be the least stressful of your options, but this has been fun reading!!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 6:29:44 PM

20.gif
)
Yep, don''t touch them - I don''t know what brand I''ve used, but I got them at riteaid - twist off top cap - pour a few in the cap and plop them in your mouth under your tongue. They work for me. Also, ***a famous Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon recommends his patients start a daily regimen 2 weeks before going under the knife - to prevent bruising.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
you know what really works? it's a chinese remedy. boil an egg, remove the shell and roll it back and forth on the bruise. just apply a little bit of pressure, not too much though. the egg should not crack. the egg has to be hot! the heat from the egg should relieve the pain a bit. do that few times a day and the bruise should go away pretty quickly. my parents always did it to me when i got a bruise when i was younger and now i do it to alyssa everytime she gets a bruise.

there is actually a stinky chinese medicine that you can use, but i don't know the english name for it. that medicine comes in a glass bottle and it works well when you sprain or bruise something. in chinese, it's called "teet da chow" but i don't think you'll be able to buy a bottle unless you go into a chinese herbal medicine shop and ask for it by name.

try the egg thing, it really works. when i'm done with the egg, i usually wash it off and sprinkle some salt and pepper and eat it! hee. hey it's still good!
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miracle of miracles -- I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT!!!

Now I get it; you don''t take the lid off when you''re turning the thing. OH!!! Really, they should print some instructions on this tube. (Or else I''m jut some special kind of stupid... DON''T RESPOND TO THAT!!)

I *think* I can see some improvement. Whether it''s due to the arnica or just the inevitable passage of time I''m not entirely sure at this point, but a bruise like this for me usually lasts a LONG time so I think I should be able to gauge any real progress.

Milly, do you drink the stinky Chinese medicine or rub it on the bruise? And thanks for the egg tip too! (I especially like the part about eating it in the end!
2.gif
)

LAJennifer, that''s really interesting about the plastic surgeon.

Rod, now you KNOW me--have I ever gone for the less stressful option on *anything*, LOL???

Indie and Lorelie, The Demon seems to be fine, despite the one (or possibly more... ) pellets he got last night so there was no need to confess to the HH what I''d done. THANK GOD!)

BTW, anyone have any ideas why, if you have to take these 5 at a time, they just don''t make them 5 times as big and then you would only have to take one?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
My mother is a senior and she had several issues. I got her to start incorporating Flax Oil in her diet. Many issues were better, improved and some went away. One though she didn''t mention was brusing. She said for some reason she had been brusing very easliy. And thought it was something people her age have to deal with.

After taking the Flax oil...she realized that she no longer was brusing. One day she rang me in the middle of the day to explain...NO MORE BRUISES!! I said, what? Then she went on to say with all the vitamins including C that she takes...the Flax was the only change she had made. So she is convinced...it was the Flax.

I have brought this up in several other topics. I can''t tell you enough about it. Please study it and see if it is right for you. Whole Foods, Akins offer in liquid, capsule, ground form. Buy only refrigerated.

DKS

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
DKS, that's IT? Not an entire page of exhaustive homeopathic remedies??? I am so disappointed in you dear! Honestly, the least you could have done was BOLDED some suggestions...
28.gif

On topic, I've heard arnica gel works but I've never tried it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 2:21:59 AM
Author: surfgirl
DKS, that''s IT? Not an entire page of exhaustive homeopathic remedies??? I am so disappointed in you dear! Honestly, the least you could have done was BOLDED some suggestions...
28.gif
9.gif

Milly''s post cracked me up!

I love this thread, but then, I''m easily pleased.
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flax oil... hmmm... Maybe I could mix the arnica pellets in the oil and kill two birds with one stone! (Although, of course, I don''t advocate killing birds in any way, with stones or otherwise.)

Seriously, I am willing to try anything. Flax oil here I come! Is it a pill or literally oil that you take with a spoon?

I think there was a discussion about flax oil on one of the workout threads a while back -- Lorelei, don''t you take it?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is hilarious. I just slipped and fell on my deck steps last night and now I have a nasty bruise on my left outer thigh so i came here to see if DeeJay had come up with a working remedy... Laughter is the best medicine, ha! I''m not a huge klutz but I have a problem with stairs. I think DH needs to take those deck steps out and build me a ramp, actually. This is the third time in three years I''ve fallen either up them or down them. The first time I landed on my elbow and damn near broke my arm, the second time I fell UP the stairs and chipped my front tooth, resulting in an expensive visit to the dentist for a "bonding" experience, and now this. Yeah, I need a ramp.
20.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie -- you poor thing! I''m glad you''re (mostly) OK. I don''t know if the arnica is helping or whether I''m imagining it, but the bruise is slowly getting better. (By "getting better" I mean changing colors are a rapid rate, LOL!) Why don''t you get some and join in my experiment? The outer left thigh is right where my bruise is too, BTW. I keep managing to bang that exact spot on all sorts of things...
39.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2007 10:55:23 AM
Flax oil... hmmm... Maybe I could mix the arnica pellets in the oil and kill two birds with one stone! (Although, of course, I don''t advocate killing birds in any way, with stones or otherwise.)

Seriously, I am willing to try anything. Flax oil here I come! Is it a pill or literally oil that you take with a spoon?

I think there was a discussion about flax oil on one of the workout threads a while back -- Lorelei, don''t you take it?
It was fish oil Dee and I had to stop as it was making me hurl!
emotion-41.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2007 4:38:59 AM

emotion-41.gif

32.gif
OK, no fish oil for me!!!

(How did I confuse fish oil with flax oil though? Senility at 36 is a terrible thing... )

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2007 9:33:32 AM

Date: 6/25/2007 4:38:59 AM

emotion-41.gif

32.gif
OK, no fish oil for me!!!

(How did I confuse fish oil with flax oil though? Senility at 36 is a terrible thing... )
Easily done Miss Dee!
25.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2007 4:47:22 PM
Monnie -- you poor thing! I''m glad you''re (mostly) OK. I don''t know if the arnica is helping or whether I''m imagining it, but the bruise is slowly getting better. (By ''getting better'' I mean changing colors are a rapid rate, LOL!) Why don''t you get some and join in my experiment? The outer left thigh is right where my bruise is too, BTW. I keep managing to bang that exact spot on all sorts of things...
39.gif
Fantastic thread. Especially the examining of the tininess of the pills.
emthup.gif
ANYWAY I am totally trying the arnica, just because it sounds like so much fun. And also because the faster the color changes, the better! My favorite is the sickly brown-yellow. That means almost healed! SO ATTRACTIVE!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Julianna, oh I''m so glad someone else is participating in this experiment with me! I''m approaching the sickley brown-yellow stage myself but unfortunately I''ve still got some purple-green to work through yet...

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 1:57:26 PM
Julianna, oh I''m so glad someone else is participating in this experiment with me! I''m approaching the sickley brown-yellow stage myself but unfortunately I''ve still got some purple-green to work through yet...
Ouch. The purple-green hurts when you poke it. Quick recovery to you, and please post those results!
9.gif
I must know!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif

worthless8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results