shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Vets out there? Salmonella Poisoning?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Hi, My poor Rottwheiler got on top of my dining table and ate about 2 handfuls of the Planters Pistachios that are part of the recall (I was going to return them to the store). She threw them up and now I''m worried she has salmonella poisoning. She ate her food just fine and there''s no diarrhea but I''m still worried. I work tomorrow and don''t have the time to take her to the vet tomorrow so I''m wondering if I''m panicking even though there haven''t been any illnesses reported from the recall. Should I wait and see or take the day off and take her to the vet?

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Ok, called the vet and they said that I shouldn''t be too worried about it. Just to monitor her behavior and keep an eye on her for any vomiting, lethargy and diarrhea etc.

Phew, hopefully, everything will be ok. My animals are my love bugs.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so now I have this kind of wasted posting so I''ll post my doggie and kitty for those who haven''t seen them. Here they are on a trip to grandma''s. They are both used to traveling and they love it!

cass3.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like she might have thrown up just from eating too fast (probably because she knew she wasn't supposed to be eating those nuts!)... Anyhow, I hope everythng works out OK!

BTW it looks like your cat is wearing a muscle shirt -- too cute!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Here's Cassanova on moving day to our new house! He climbed inside his carrier and waited patiently:

cassh.jpg

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
classic photo!
5.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 2:05:56 AM
Author: VRBeauty
It sounds like she might have thrown up just from eating too fast (probably because she knew she wasn''t supposed to be eating those nuts!)... Anyhow, I hope everythng works out OK!

BTW it looks like your cat is wearing a muscle shirt -- too cute!
I think so too. She ate them with the shell on and then she stopped eating them. I can imagine they''re not too tasty that way. Luckily they weren''t shelled or I would really be panicking.

Lol, it does look like a muscle shirt. It''s for the ladies, meeeeooooowww.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha, this post cracked me up. Your babies are adorable!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GOOD LORD, those animals are adorable! I hope your doggie is okay - from the sound of it, things should be fine - but, as a cat person? I just have to say, your Siamese SLAYS me. So cute and self-collected!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It definitely sounds like she got sick from eating too fast. It would take a few hours if it was salmonella poisoning. Provided that she doesn''t get diarrhoea or anything like that in the next day or two she''ll be fine. They''re such cute pics!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think the puppy will be fine... Usually food poisoning hits at the most a few hours after eating the tainted food... If your dog hasn''t thrown up again I think she''ll be fine!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 2:05:37 AM
Author: heraanderson
Ok, so now I have this kind of wasted posting so I''ll post my doggie and kitty for those who haven''t seen them. Here they are on a trip to grandma''s. They are both used to traveling and they love it!

They''re gorgeous!!! I love both siamese and rotties. Does your kitty talk to you? RK, my old siamese used to have just about full conversations with me.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Aww...such cutie pies
9.gif

I''m glad to hear your vet isn''t terribly concerned. Given the size of the dog and the relatively small # (compared to body weight) she ate, I''d not be too worried either, but never hurts to keep an extra-close eye on them.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
You dog sounds as mischievous as my dog! Glad she''s okay.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results