shape
carat
color
clarity

Any thoughts on my ideas....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chrisk327

Rough_Rock
Ok, I''ve used pricescope to help me buy a ring... I did, now I''m thinkin why not ask you guys what your thoughts are on my proposal ideas...

Mainly I want to make it a surprise to everyone, so I haven''t bounced this off anyone..

We''ve been talking about going in the city (NYC)to see the tree.

Weve planned to do that this saturday...

Here are the plans I/We have made for the day...

Get in the city... Go to Central Park to go iceskating... On way stop at Tiffany''s We''ve been joking about the Sweet Home Alabama scene where they go into Tiffany''s and he says "pick one!" Figured I''d say that, we''d have a laugh, then leave to go iceskating.

I figure we''ll stop somewhere in the park to sit down either before or after iceskating. I pocketed an old CZ ring she has I was going to give her a speech followed by pick one! and show her the real ring and the CZ (which she''ll recognize of course)

After that there are plans to go to our favorite Italian resturant in the village, stop by Union Sq for the Market going on there and to go see the tree in Rockafeller Center. Then dessert.

Is the ring presentation like that too cheesy? lame? not romantic?

Is the timing in our day bad... ie: should it be later is there better timing?

I don''t want to do it at the tree b.c its very busy there, lotsa confusion, no personal space. She has told me (a while ago) that she doesn''t want to be proposed to in a resturant.

Other concern, I give her ring, day gets canceled so she can come home and show everyone. Thoughts?

She really wants to see the tree, so i don''t think that gets canceled... but I don''t want to end a special day together in the city.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/8/2003 2:17:41 PM Chrisk327 wrote:

Ok,
I figure we'll stop somewhere in the park to sit down either before or after iceskating. I pocketed an old CZ ring she has I was going to give her a speech followed by pick one! and show her the real ring and the CZ (which she'll recognize of course)

blockquote>

I think I'd be real confused with the two rings. This may be cheesy - but I kinda like it - how about proposing on the "ice" with the "ice"? Doable?

Chrisk327

Rough_Rock
Ok thanks... kinda wasn't sure about the two ring thing, but thought it was cute. but again since I didn't bounce it off someone till now I really wasn't sure.... I don't want her confused! lol

The ice rink is an interesting idea, didn't think of that one. its a possiblity. I may just do it while walking in the park.

Any other thoughts?

thanks

Chris

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
...follow your heart!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results