shape
carat
color
clarity

any suggestions on honeymoon spots with only one week of vacation days?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
my FI and i are getting married this year, but with only one week of vacation days left because of it, i don''t know where we can go for our honeymoon. i really wanted to go to new zealand because of the great prices, but i''ve been told that one week is nowhere near enough. we''ve already been to mexico and the caribbean. just recently we went to brazil, so i was looking for something different, would fit within our price range and would still feel like a vacation.

any suggestions?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
When are you getting married?

What about Hawaii?

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
You can go almost anywhere with a week of vacation!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Where are you starting from? What do you like to do on vacation?

My DH and I went to Northern California Wine Country for a mini honeymoon right after our wedding and it was AMAZING.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 5:16:20 PM
Author: the rube
You can go almost anywhere with a week of vacation!!
Ditto this.

If it were my week, I''d hop a flight to Naples, hire a car to get me to Positano, and stay at Le Sirenuse (www.lesirenuse.it) for the week.
1.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
What part of the country do you live?

We''re in California and we went to Tahiti (actually the island of Moorea) for only a week and it was perfect!

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
Vancouver is an easy trip. Great food and a beautiful city!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Does it have to be tropical and exotic? What about Maine and Eastern Canada, or the Pacific Northwest? It helps if you''re outdoorsy and don''t want to just hang out on the beach drinking all day (not that there''s anything wrong with that
31.gif
), but there''s plenty of things to do (hiking, kayaking, sailing, antiqueing, lighthouses,etc.)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What time of the year will it be? What would you like to do on your honeymoon? Beach? City? Country? Hiking? National parks?

I''m partial to Croatia, since that''s where we honeymooned.
30.gif

croatia korcula.jpg

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
we did Hawaii...it was amazing (love Big Island and Maui the best)

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
We also did Hawaii and I was a teacher at the time and could only take a week off also. We were starting from the east coast, but felt like a week was plenty long to see Maui. I don''t think we would have liked to move from island to island on that time frame though, so we are going to go back on our 10 year anniversary to discover the other islands
2.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
If you''re on the west coast, Hawaii is so easy to get to. Vancouver is also wonderful and is one of my absolute favorite cities to visit.

If you''re on the east coast, what about Prince Edward Island? Or Maine? Coastal Maine is amazing. Or what about St Simons Island off the Georgia coast? Or the Outer Banks in North Carolina?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
We were in the same predicament, and though you can "physically" go anwhere with only a week, we didn't want to waste 2 of our 7 days just traveling... We're doing a cruise of the Southern Carribean and I know a few people that are just doing a week in Aruba.
Hawaii is a good one, if you want to stay on one island. We didn't see 6 days being enough time to really enjoy each island we wanted visit.

ETA: Also something we considered with, with Hawaii, since we are in CST we also factored that we would be losing a whole day coming back, and wouldn't have much time to "recover" before going back to work.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
thank you everyone for your suggestions.
1.gif

i''m still debating where to go. i live on the west coast, so i''ve been to hawaii a few times already. FI actually proposed during one of our trips there.

i''m not getting married until october, but i like planning trips early.

LaurenThePartier, if i had that kinda money, i would definitely stay at that hotel in positano, it looks like a dream

Love Vintage, that is a gorgeous photo of croatia, what part did you visit?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
You can do a lot in a week you just need to be organised and on the go.

If you want to go to NZ I would go - granted you wouldn''t see everything but you could still see quite a bit :D.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 9:21:25 PM
Author: ficklefaye
thank you everyone for your suggestions.
1.gif

i''m still debating where to go. i live on the west coast, so i''ve been to hawaii a few times already. FI actually proposed during one of our trips there.

i''m not getting married until october, but i like planning trips early.

LaurenThePartier, if i had that kinda money, i would definitely stay at that hotel in positano, it looks like a dream

Love Vintage, that is a gorgeous photo of croatia, what part did you visit?

We had 10 days total. We also eloped there!

We spent three nights in Opatija, a seaside resort town, at a lovely historic hotel. One day we drove from there to visit the hilltop towns in Istria. We stayed in Plitvice Lakes National Park and spent a few days there. We eloped in Hvar!
30.gif
And, we spent two nights in Zagreb before flying back.

We traveled really low-budget, which is my preferred way to travel
5.gif
, except for Zagreb, where we stayed at a gorgeous old hotel.

The main tourist season ends in September. October would be lovely in Croatia, though I think the temps will be on the cooler side.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results