shape
carat
color
clarity

any stories about... took his wife to the cleaners?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
always hear "she took him to the cleaners" :read: ..why not "he took her to the cleaners?.. :naughty:

do you know of any guys that came out on the plus side :$$): after a divorce ?

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire|1310369320|2966307 said:
always hear "she took him to the cleaners" :read: ..why not "he took her to the cleaners?.. :naughty:

Yes, my ex husband! ;( ;( :angryfire: :sun:

He got everything, (except my car, access to my pension plan and 5 small items from our house that had extreme sentimental value for me), plus I had to pay him alimony for nearly 3 years (we didnt have children so at least that was once less consideration). Once he got engaged to his now wife, I could cut off the alimony payments.

I got "stuffed" because I had been the major breadwinner for all our married life. It took me about 5 years to get back on an even keel financially.

What really annoyed me however throughout that period, was when people who knew the details of our situation, tried to commiserate with me about having to pay alimony and not getting any of the money from the sale of our house. :confused: Its expected that the man (generally the main breadwinner) will provide financial support to his wife, so why when the situation was reversed did people find it strange / shocking / appalling that I was providing financial support to my ex-husband? I could never figure that one out - although I must admit it would've been nice if the level of support that I had to provide had not been quite so high.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MAC...did he married another woman?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know someone who married a con man. He ended up in jail, but not before he had done a lot of damage to her savings and credit.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
MAC-W|1310373209|2966322 said:

He got everything, (except my car, access to my pension plan and 5 small items from our house that had extreme sentimental value for me), plus I had to pay him alimony for nearly 3 years (we didnt have children so at least that was once less consideration). Once he got engaged to his now wife, I could cut off the alimony payments.

I got "stuffed" because I had been the major breadwinner for all our married life. It took me about 5 years to get back on an even keel financially.

What really annoyed me however throughout that period, was when people who knew the details of our situation, tried to commiserate with me about having to pay alimony and not getting any of the money from the sale of our house. :confused: Its expected that the man (generally the main breadwinner) will provide financial support to his wife, so why when the situation was reversed did people find it strange / shocking / appalling that I was providing financial support to my ex-husband? I could never figure that one out - although I must admit it would've been nice if the level of support that I had to provide had not been quite so high.

I think we have the same ex-husband! :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire|1310435968|2966914 said:

yep about three years after we separated. He got engaged 2.5 years after we separated & once he was engaged I could stop the alimony payments.

We had gotten to be really good friends again by that point and I got on great with his new lady plus he really liked my new guy. He even asked me to be best man at his wedding!!! How cool is that? `

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Trekkie|1310473156|2967103 said:
MAC-W|1310373209|2966322 said:

I think we have the same ex-husband! :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

Fun wasnt it? :lol: :angryfire: :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MAC-W|1310473799|2967115 said:
Dancing Fire|1310435968|2966914 said:

yep about three years after we separated. He got engaged 2.5 years after we separated & once he was engaged I could stop the alimony payments.

We had gotten to be really good friends again by that point and I got on great with his new lady plus he really liked my new guy. He even asked me to be best man at his wedding!!! How cool is that? `
can a woman be the :confused: best man at a wedding? :confused: ..anyhoo,for most chinese people they'll be "best enemies forever" after a divorce.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1310491159|2967355 said:
can a woman be the :confused: best man at a wedding? :confused: .

b.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
When I was a 17 year old freshman I dated a conman who overdrafted my bank account and stole my car. Clearly, I was way too naive to be out on my own so I went home to Mama for a few years.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know but I know a male who is going to be a bridesman at a wedding. He is the bride's best friend.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Yep! My dad :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: She walked out on us and she filed for divorce years later. She lost her secondary medical insurance (think $0 a month for prescriptions to over $250 a month due to copay) and she is required to sell the house that she's living in because she cannot afford to buy him out. Right after she spent a huge chunk of $$$$ remodeling it because she thought that there was no way she'd have to sell - MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA :bigsmile:

eta: and her lawyer screwed her over because he didn't understand the divorce law properly. Thankfully my dads lawyer did and pushed for a speedy divorce :naughty:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My cousin, unfortunately. She was trying very hard to keep things civil, because of the children, and he was determined to take as much money from her as he could (including her share of an inheritance). He also had her buy him a 4 bedroom apartment in a nice part of the town, so the children could visit him. He got a lot more than he had any right to, simply because he kept threatening to start a huge fight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results