shape
carat
color
clarity

Any shoe ideas for this dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a pic of my wedding dress. Any shoe ideas? I don''t want crazy high heels because my FI is just about my height.

frontof1827234.jpg

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS dress! Have you actually tried it on and gotten it altered? That may determine how high your heels NEED to be.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve tried it on but haven''t gotten it altered yet.

I guess I can compromise on heel size haha. I''d just love to see suggestions of possible shoe prices.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that is a fabulous dress!

engagement girl

Rough_Rock
Hi

I think you have a couple of choices:
a plain ivory satin closed in shoe with a slightly squared off toe and a 1.5 to 2 inch heel. Preferrably in a sling back if you could find it.
or, an antiqued silver open toe with a single slim strap across the the toes and a tbar up to the ankle strap. again in a 1.5 to 2 inch heel if you can find it.

either way you want something that does not fight the dress but complements it in a very understated way. you want people''s gaze to be drawn upwards to look stay focused on your face, not your feet.

hope this helps you. i was involved in fashion for a long time and had to do this kind of thing every day.

good luck!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
First of all beautiful dress. I''m no fashion expert but I''d keep the shoe more simple since your dress has a lot of detail.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I love your dress! Its gorgeous.

I would say something simple and delicate looking...hopefully that made sense.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few beautiful options, sort of vintagey looking like your dress.

Kate Spade Evie Link
Stuart Weitzman Formal Link
Stuart Weitzman Snookie Link
Kate Spade Miranda Link
Martinez Valero April (These are so pretty!!) Link
Stuart Weitzman Gigiritz Link
Stuart Weitzman Marimbow (gorgeous!!!) Link
Fifi Pearl Ivory (a little bit of embellishment) Link

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I would do something simple as well, but you can have a little bit of fun to it. I''ve seen that dress in person and it''s fantastic! Did you get it ordered in a specific length? If so, I would figure out exactly what heel height is perfect for that length so that you don''t have to have it hemmed. You wouldn''t want to lose any of that gorgeous detail on the edge!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 7:11:33 PM
Author: princessplease
Here are a few beautiful options, sort of vintagey looking like your dress.

Kate Spade Evie Link

Stuart Weitzman Formal Link

Stuart Weitzman Snookie Link

Kate Spade Miranda Link

Martinez Valero April (These are so pretty!!) Link

Stuart Weitzman Gigiritz Link

Stuart Weitzman Marimbow (gorgeous!!!) Link

Fifi Pearl Ivory (a little bit of embellishment) Link

Love most of the suggestions, especially the Stuart Weitzman Marimbows and the first Kate Spades. StephBolt on PS has a Casablanca dress as well that has some embroidery/beading details. Not quite the same as your gown but it has a similar feel, IMO. She got these beautiful shoes for a great price. Let me go see if I can dig up what she got.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results