shape
carat
color
clarity

any ny brides love their venue?

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
FH and I are still on the search for a venue for our wedding. We were thinking of a california wedding however we are now considering an nyc wedding. A few of the places we are considering are The Lighthouse, Pier 60, Central Park Boat House, The Plaza, Gotham Hall, the Foundry . Does anyone have any experiences with any of these venues or really just love the venue they chose?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't had experience with any of those venues, but when I was researching NYC venues, I read great things and enjoyed talking to the folks at Bubby's and Housing Works, but they're both very different feels from the places you're looking into. Have you checked out Weddingbee to see if there are any reviews there?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hospatogi do you live in NYC? I think it really helps to visit the venues in person so you can get an idea of the 'feel'...if you can't visit though then maybe identify what sort of wedding you want and look at pictures/reviews/etc

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Novel I actually have been looking on weddingbee.com and have found some helpful posts. Slg47 I am feeling so frustrated because although we have been visiting venues from ny to ca and havent found anything in our budget. We can afford $120 per head max and I just havent found a spot I love. Well I take that back because I fell absolutely in love with the Ritz laguna niguel which is def not in our budget. I now seem to compare everything else to it and they all pale in comparison. :( :(

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Novel I actually have been looking on weddingbee.com and have found some helpful posts. Slg47 I am feeling so frustrated because although we have been visiting venues from ny to ca and havent found anything in our budget. We can afford $120 per head max and I just havent found a spot I love. Well I take that back because I fell absolutely in love with the Ritz laguna niguel which is def not in our budget. I now seem to compare everything else to it and they all pale in comparison. :( :(

slg47

Ideal_Rock
is $120 for the food? or for the food and cost of renting the venue?

Where are you located? It might be easiest to have the wedding where you are currently located just in terms of planning/meeting with vendors/etc.

Also...what 'feel' do you want for your wedding? formal, plated dinner, inside a ballroom? more rustic/outside? Something in between? Maybe we can help narrow down some venues.

ETA could you maybe cut budget in some other areas and get the venue you really liked?

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
slg47- $120 is for both food and cost of venue. I am located in central NJ. We are open to the idea of buffet and are planning a sunday wedding. I was looking for something unique and not the typical ballroom. I love venues with views of the water or with lush green landscapes and flowers. If it has to be a ballroom than maybe one with a beautiful chandelier rather than those corporate style lighting. And ofcourse I would like it to have an elegant feel to it. I saw one venue recently that had mirrors on the ceiling and screamed I love the 80's haha.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what about a golf course with lots of beautiful greens for your pictures? I'm not a country club person, but I have been to quite a few REALLY gorgeous weddings at cc/golf courses.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Hospatogi|1314860642|3007189 said:
FH and I are still on the search for a venue for our wedding. We were thinking of a california wedding however we are now considering an nyc wedding. A few of the places we are considering are The Lighthouse, Pier 60, Central Park Boat House, The Plaza, Gotham Hall, the Foundry . Does anyone have any experiences with any of these venues or really just love the venue they chose?

Hey Hospatogi- I plan weddings, and wrote out all this info saying "all great choices if you have the budget for it", but then saw your subsequent post about having a budget of $120. I already typed it out so I will still send for your reference. Unfortunately, none of those venues will fall within that category, but I will still share info on each in case you have flexibility on budget (in order of my most recommended):

-The Plaza: What else can I say, its The Plaza! Its a landmark hotel in NYC, and if for nothing else, is a great space for a wedding based on its nostalgia for new yorkers and "reputation". They just renovated, so not as outdated as it was for a long time. However, be prepared to pay about $300-500 per person depending on when you do it.
-Gotham Hall: Gorgeous Space, old bank circa 1920's. Unfortunately, though, their prices are about $275-320 per person (plus tax & service) depending on the date. Also, while the space is fab, its a big empty space. So you need to rent EVERYTHING. It takes a lot to decorate it or else it just looks empty.
-The Lighthouse: More contemporary than the above. On the water, and they offer fireworks! More cost effective; you're looking at around $185-225 per person
-Pier 60: Awesome space, again very contemporary with great views. But its just an "event space", which means you need to worry about renting everything/hiring a caterer, etc. Your looking around $185-250 per person depending on date.
-The Foundry: Havent had an opportunity to do anything here yet. Its actually a new venue. If I recall, someone on PS got married here. I would look through posts and see if you can find info. I dont know what they charge, but I am going to guess at least $175 based on location
-The Boat House is also a NY landmark. Been around forever....however its definitely outdated/musky. Cant beat being in central park though and having a view of water. Great for pictures. You're looking around $175 and up.

Hope this information helps! Do you live near NYC? If so, would you consider New Jersey? Any venue in the city or close to the city (like the Liberty House) is going to be much higher than other venues a little further out. Let me know if you’ll consider Jersey, and I can recommend a few options.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for all that info nakedfinger. I actually live in central NJ so I would love suggestions for venues in NJ if you have recommendations !!

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Not a bride, but I attended a wedding at the Foundry and loved it so much that I requested rate info! I would post for you but that was in 2009 and probably outdated. Definitely worth checking out if within budget. We still talk about how beautiful that wedding was.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you tried the Belmar, Spring Lake area of NJ?

Also try the Molly Pitcher Inn in Red Bank. We went to a lovely wedding there once.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results