shape
carat
color
clarity

Any new 3-stone setting ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,
I was wondering if any of you have any fresh ideas on a three stone setting. I love two-tone best, and I already have the diamonds. The center would be appx .70ct, and sides .40 each. I kind of like the bezel and semi-bezel look, and I like the idea of no prongs to worry about. Is this a secure setting? More secure or as secure as a platnium prong setting? Does it take away any of the sparkle due to not as much light? Also, any ideas on bands that look good with this type setting? Maybe plain, or I also have five 14 pointers I could use in a band. I''d love to see pics and hear new ideas. Thinking about what I could do for my 25th anniversary next year. Thanks in advance!!!!! (My current setting is 14kt yellow gold, with plat head. It''s pretty, but I''m just wondering...)
12.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 8:47:12 PM
Author:imthepreacherswife

I kind of like the bezel and semi-bezel look, and I like the idea of no prongs to worry about. Is this a secure setting? More secure or as secure as a platnium prong setting?
it is very secure. of course, more safe than a prong setting because the diamond is not exposed.

Does it take away any of the sparkle due to not as much light?
well cut stones reflect light coming from the top of the stone, they don''t rely on light coming from the sides to make it sparkle.

Also, any ideas on bands that look good with this type setting?
it really just depends on the look you want. i like the plain band but diamond settings really add the bling!

you could look on www.stuller.com for different settings. they don''t have anything really unusual but you can get an idea of what''s readily available.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
AWESOME!!!! Thank you Mrs., it''s so different!!! I love the little "surprize" stones!!! Belle, thank you for the info on bezel settings! That definately makes me want one even more. I also like the idea of a plain band with a bezel ring, for a cleaner more sleek look. Keep the good ideas coming!! Thanks bunches!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOOOOOh, BRAINSTORM!!! I''d have to have both a plain plat band, and plain yellow gold band to change up!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 9:17:40 PM
Author: imthepreacherswife
OOOOOOOOh, BRAINSTORM!!! I''d have to have both a plain plat band, and plain yellow gold band to change up!!!
perfect!
36.gif

(how about a diamond band too)
27.gif

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Lordy, don''t tempt me....lol.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh, I found some the other day while browsing. I''ll look again for you. If I can find them I''ll send them along.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
While mine is not two-tone, I have a three stone ring with the diamonds set in half bezels. I can assure you that it is plenty sparkly and after nearly two years I have had no problems with the setting. I really like one that Mrssalvo posted for you! Have fun with your search!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results