shape
carat
color
clarity

Any knowledge of this 2.5 gr. Sapphire Natural

Idontno

Rough_Rock
026FA0C1-2E79-4629-A446-D354DEB1A6A3.jpeg B7528274-BAFE-425D-B933-8E7F55303083.jpeg Any wisdom about this ring, thankyou.

Idontno

Rough_Rock
026FA0C1-2E79-4629-A446-D354DEB1A6A3.jpeg B7528274-BAFE-425D-B933-8E7F55303083.jpeg Any wisdom about this ring, thankyou.
no input from anybody where’s all the saphhire lovers what is this beautiful blue stoner and ?

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
It doesn't look real to me. In my opinion, that stone looks quite large, and it may be lab created, but if it's natural sapphire and that color, then someone would cut it better and sell it for better prices.

Idontno

Rough_Rock
What kind of cut would be better my research is reflecting this stone to be real and untreated as well but i am no pro but I do have a 12.9 reading comp I have seen with my eye the characteristics that classify it as such as far as setting goes it to is consistent with the properties classifying vintage the band is worn from what I see is yellow metal seven peace soldered with white metal overlay that form a tulip pattern on each side of band that attaches to a copper hoop which serves as the base for the setting as well as the remains of the band it to has white metal overlay a separate hoop of seventeen loops that come together form the claws that hold the stone the point at which the loop comes together to form the actual claw is backed by yet another hoop the point which they do has round yellow metal balls except for these balls I believe was all overlayed white metal and do the most part still is except for the wear
That is a lot going on it’s definitely hand made I’m thinking maybe 1700’s European that’s just me thinking also I haven’t been able to establish the cut and the bottom point of cut that’s flattened isn’t flat at all but actually points back into stone but this enclave is faceted too? Is that eaven possible ? That takes a true master cutter these are just my observations and opinions based on them, what do you think? Real real or bunk?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is almost certainly not a genuine stone.

Idontno

Rough_Rock
Y u say that love dogs?

Kevin Bryant

Rough_Rock
Trade
cant tell from the pictures, what is the size of the stone alone? Do you have table down pics and what is the clarity?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take it to a jeweller. They can test the metal to see if it’s gold and tell you if the gem is just glass or something else.
Facetting in the 1700s certainly wasn’t precision cutting as appears on the stone, it was also a long and laborious effort to manually grind down a gem so it’s highly unlikely that the stone is hundreds of years old.

Idontno

Rough_Rock
I’m about posative on it being natural untreated it weighs 2.5gr. When looked at thru loop I’m seeing rutile crystals full all kinds of stuff going on in there I need to put it on scope it’s really difficult to tell what’s what with loop no bubbles but yes definetly crystal formation that is consistent withCeylon matrix awesome clarity and it may look symmetrical but the crown no table cut but a point crown that is pretty symmetrical for the most part some facets one in particular is much smaller than the others but what gets me is tip of pavilion is not flat but enclave back into itself but the enclave Is faceted o really don’t see that as being possible for man to do looks like that enclave was from where crystals grew together

Idontno

Rough_Rock
I’m going to take it in today let’s just say it is genuine ballpark figure on a piece such as if it was Victorian or done yesterday

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take it in and see if it's real. We can't give you any info about value because we are not appraisers and we only have a few pics. I am 99.9% sure it isn't real based on the photos. The color does not look genuine, and if the metal is that old then it's almost certainly synthetic.

Idontno

Rough_Rock
Thankyou for your time love dogs as well as everyone else I’ll let it be known when it is blue stoner

voce

Ideal_Rock
Have you done a specific gravity test and a refraction test? That pair of tests would speak volumes more about the material of the stone than trying to rutile inclusions in the stone under microscopes. There is a whole class of gemstones that might have similar inclusions, but only the specific gravity and refraction index can pinpoint that it's a sapphire.

If it really tests out by a professional as natural, untreated sapphire, and it weighs 2.5 grams, then that is equivalent to 2.5g x 5 ct/g = 12 ct. Faceting it by reaching out to a professional cutter (such as Precision Gem) might reduce the carat weight somewhat, but even if it's cut down to 10 ct, the additional sparkle and beauty would make it fetch $100k.

I am highly skeptical that it is untreated natural sapphire from Victorian times. Even in Victorian times jewelers could facet gemstones a lot better than your picture. I think it's more likely that what you have is a synthetic stone with either wear close to the surface of the stone or inclusions introduced in the manufacturing process. The shape of the stone looks similar to me to rings coming out from the former USSR, and I think the bored Soviet scientists were excellent producers (and probably inventors) of many synthetic gemstones, including diamonds.

Idontno

Rough_Rock
Have you done a specific gravity test and a refraction test? That pair of tests would speak volumes more about the material of the stone than trying to rutile inclusions in the stone under microscopes. There is a whole class of gemstones that might have similar inclusions, but only the specific gravity and refraction index can pinpoint that it's a sapphire.

If it really tests out by a professional as natural, untreated sapphire, and it weighs 2.5 grams, then that is equivalent to 2.5g x 5 ct/g = 12 ct. Faceting it by reaching out to a professional cutter (such as Precision Gem) might reduce the carat weight somewhat, but even if it's cut down to 10 ct, the additional sparkle and beauty would make it fetch $100k.

I am highly skeptical that it is untreated natural sapphire from Victorian times. Even in Victorian times jewelers could facet gemstones a lot better than your picture. I think it's more likely that what you have is a synthetic stone with either wear close to the surface of the stone or inclusions introduced in the manufacturing process. The shape of the stone looks similar to me to rings coming out from the former USSR, and I think the bored Soviet scientists were excellent producers (and probably inventors) of many synthetic gemstones, including diamonds.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree it looks synthetic but would be interested to know what the results are once professionally tested.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results