shape
carat
color
clarity

Any info on quilted LV bags?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Just wondering if anyone has any info about the new quilted Louis Vuitton bags. They only have two now I think and they are a little "granny"...

Also does anyone know when new Guccis come out?

I also just found out I live less than an hour from the Gucci, Dior, Fendi, Prada, etc outlets Woodbury Commons in NY. This seemed to have "slipped" my husband's mind.
20.gif
I can't wait to go!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vera Bradley bags, which I used to collect, are now the rage among young women! My daughter says that "everyone" at her middle school has one. I also read an article about women who go to college in "the Research Triangle" in North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill). They are the rage there as well. A friend of mine who used to live in Indiana (home of the Vera Bradley Company) and sell her bags on eBay says she wishes the craze would reach the West Coast, where she now lives!

If designers are starting to do, "quilted", I am sure it is because they see what has happened with Vera Bradley, who only does quilted!

Deb

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Yes, the Vera bags are so cute! I especiallhy love the black quilted bags (zzzzzzz, always black for me :) )

Although the Louis bags are either dark purple or black leather and more of a puffy leather with the LV symbol...

I don''t really need anything but I just saw a really nice quilted Vera B travel bag!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2005 3:31:06 PM
Author:moremoremore

I also just found out I live less than an hour from the Gucci, Dior, Fendi, Prada, etc outlets Woodbury Commons in NY. This seemed to have ''slipped'' my husband''s mind.
20.gif
I can''t wait to go!
moremoremore! Woodbury Commons is THE BEST!!!!!! They have great sales around all the holidays (even random holidays like Columbus Day). Sometimes the selection at the Designer stores isn''t the best, but there are plenty of "regular" stores that have a larger selection. It''s HUGE too - you could definitely spend 2 days there instead of just 1!!

AGBF: I can''t believe this trend of middle schoolers carrying designer handbags. When I started middle school (which was only 10 years ago!), nobody even carried a handbag! I asked for my own phone line & a t.v. for my room at that age. I can''t imagine asking for a $300+ purse that I didn''t have any keys/credit cards/money to put in it! I can''t imagine my parents ever buying something like that for me. It took about 3 years of convincing my mom that it wasn''t ridiculous to spend $80 on my outlet purchased COACH bag!

Now that I am older (22, hehe), I am coveting a Chanel Ligne Cambon bag in the medium size in black with black patent leather C''s which runs about $1400! I haven''t taken the plunge yet, but it is oh so tempting. I must admit I hear my mother''s voice in the back of my head telling me that it costs too much money every time I see a picture of it.
2.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Now that I am older (22, hehe), I am coveting a Chanel Ligne Cambon bag in the medium size in black with black patent leather C''s which runs about $1400! I haven''t taken the plunge yet, but it is oh so tempting. I must admit I hear my mother''s voice in the back of my head telling me that it costs too much money every time I see a picture of it.

LOL! I know what you mean. I came soooo soooooooooooooo close to taking the plunge and buying a bag myself one day. A g/f of mine worked at Neiman Marcus. Woulda got 30% off. So it seemed like a steal. I kept putting it off waiting for THE bag to be in their showcase...but by then, she had quit. Never got the chance to buy it.

3M, no idea on when the quilted bags are coming out. If it isnt out now, I''d imagine it wont be until Spring ''06. WoodburyC is a cool outlet. The designer store bargains are bleeehhh. The only one that seems to be consistent to me is D&G. They tend to have some really good deals.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2005 10:05:02 AM
Author: AsscherGirl
AGBF: I can't believe this trend of middle schoolers carrying designer handbags. When I started middle school (which was only 10 years ago!), nobody even carried a handbag! I asked for my own phone line & a t.v. for my room at that age. I can't imagine asking for a $300+ purse that I didn't have any keys/credit cards/money to put in it! I can't imagine my parents ever buying something like that for me. It took about 3 years of convincing my mom that it wasn't ridiculous to spend $80 on my outlet purchased COACH bag!

To be fair, although Vera Bradley bags are not cheap, I believe the one I got my daughter (she wanted a specific small one) was under $40.00. I will try to post a photo of it. Apparently everyone wants the same purse at this age! And, no, my daughter has neither a TV nor a phone line!!!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a photo of the current Vera Bradley, "mini", which is the "in" bag at my daughter''s middle school. I believe this print is Nantucket Navy.

Deb

VeraBradleyMini.jpg

Jenjen

Rough_Rock
Deb,

You are so right about those Vera bags being all the rage in the Triangle. I go to the (ahem) "cow" college in Raleigh, and I see them everywhere! I think the trend peaked a couple of years ago though, and now the newest thing is the really big "hobo" style bag. As for me, I just carry a boring purple bookbag!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2005 5:44:01 PM
Author: Jenjen
I think the trend peaked a couple of years ago though, and now the newest thing is the really big ''hobo'' style bag. As for me, I just carry a boring purple bookbag!

Jenjen,

I am so glad you posted!! I must understand those hobo bags! For once, I was onto something the teenage girls are doing before my daughter. (Well...she was shopping in all her favorite haunts in the mall and I saw two girls with those bags as we went from store to store.) I asked my daughter about them, but she had never seen them before. Where did they come from? Do you know who started the trend and whether there is a specific manufacturer known for them? (I think they are hideous and I very much hope my daughter never wants one, but I like to stay informed!)

I look forward to hearing more from you :).

Deb

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Is it because I am old or because I live in a small town or because I live out west that I've never heard of Vera Bradley handbags??? I'd like to see a little more of those quilted LVs myself MMM.

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
*sigh* I love Vera Bradley! I live where there is a vera bradley manufacturer which got hit by a tornado a few years back.. there were vera bags everywhere!

You cannot rip my "Vera" bookbag from my hands ...love it!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2005 11:05:12 PM
Author: Sundial
Is it because I am old or because I live in a small town or because I live out west that I''ve never heard of Vera Bradley handbags??? I''d like to see a little more of those quilted LVs myself MMM.
You might''ve seen them and not known what they were....if you have a Crabtree & Evelyn by you, you''ve definitely seen them! They are the little (and sometimes big) bags they carry there.

FD21, that is hilarious that there were Vera''s all over the place!

MMM, I have only seen the new LVs in ads, I think the quilting is ok...it seems to be a trend everywhere, even with the quilted Marc Jacobs. I just figured it was all a take off of Chanel. I havent really made up my mind about them. Since I don''t have the money to buy one right now, I guess it doesnt matter
3.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2005 11:05:12 PM
Is it because I am old or because I live in a small town or because I live out west that I've never heard of Vera Bradley handbags??? I'd like to see a little more of those quilted LVs myself MMM.

It's the, "out west" part, Sundial. I am old. My contemporaries in the East, especially in Connecticut, all carried Vera Bradley purses. People in small towns in Indiana and Kentucky know all about them. But the West? I don't think that has been traditional Vera Bradley country. Vera Bradley appeals to those of us who like Lilly Pulitzer. Connecticut and Florida and Hilton Head are the types of places one might find Vera Bradley. (Not that I have ever been to Hiltion Head!) It is popular among more of a preppy crowd or a crowd that is so East Coast that it doesn't even know its members are fairly preppy. I brought Vera Bradley purses (the classic handbag) to two of my husband's cousins in California about 5 years ago. They had never seen them, but immediately started to use them! ;-)

Deb

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Blue and Deb for the info on Vera Bradley bags. I''m a handbag gal and I need to check these out. I could be carrying a bag that few others would have around here!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/27/2005 9:12:44 AM
Thanks Blue and Deb for the info on Vera Bradley bags. I'm a handbag gal and I need to check these out. I could be carrying a bag that few others would have around here!

If you find what you like (style and pattern), you can look for it on eBay for a better price. In the case of Vera Bradley bags, one often can get a bag for at least a few dollars off the usual price by buying it on eBay. Look for a vendor with excellent feedback. I would suggest also buying a bag that is "NWT" (New With Tags).

One reason that these bags can be sold at less than retail is that every year the Vera Bradley Company holds a huge sale in a coliseum in Fort Wayne and gets rid of the bags it has collected from stores that failed to sell them. Women come with garbage bags and rummage through everything, carrying away as much as they can hold. One has to buy tickets to get in and the early bird catches the worm. If one isn't there the first day there may be almost nothing left.

Look at the vendors on eBay selling Vera Bradley bags; many are from Indiana and Kentucky and go to the big tent sale every year. The Vera Bradley compnay does not mind these being sold on the secondary market as long as they are not sold as "new". If they have never been used and have their tags, eBay vendors label them, "NWT" anyway.

Deborah

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
I went to that outlet sale in Ft. Wayne last year ( I live about 40 minutes from there). It was insane!
23.gif
People were literally fighting each other for those bags and the deals weren''t even that great. I must admit that I did steal my pink tote bag from an old lady that set it down for a second to look at something else! Yep...I stole from an old lady....probably not going to heaven for that one..but at least I''ll have a nice tote bag going with me!
31.gif

There are alot of seconds there going for like $20 less than original retail firsts! Alot of vendors go there to buy seconds and then sell them in their stores so if you are going to buy one check it out really good first!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/27/2005 10:29:47 AM
Author: FD21Bride
There are alot of seconds there going for like $20 less than original retail firsts! Alot of vendors go there to buy seconds and then sell them in their stores so if you are going to buy one check it out really good first!

I envy you the experience of that sale! I have always wanted to go!

As for the seconds: if I had to check out a bag really well in order to see some tiny flaw in it, it wouldn't bother me to own it. The bags are not like jewelry. They are made of cloth and do not last forever. Naturally I would prefer that a retailer be honest with me, but if he were not and I couldn't tell the difference, it would not be that big a deal to me should I find out later. Now a misrepresented diamond would be a big deal! Diamonds are not only far more expensive, but they hang around longer! A Vera Bradley handbag, used daily, may last a year! (The luggage does last far longer, though, it's true!)

Deb

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF: My bad, I thought Vera Bradley was some super exclusive handbag I never heard of
emembarrassed.gif

Although, I have seen plenty of middle schoolers in my hometown with Coach, Dooney & Burke, Kate Spade, LV & Gucci bags.

Oh well. People would probably think I was crazy as a kid with my big, bad Nintendo
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/27/2005 12:55:16 PM
Author: AsscherGirl
I thought Vera Bradley was some super exclusive handbag I never heard of.

It is! It just isn''t quite as costly as you thought it was. No one needs a Vera Bradley bag, however! Those of us who buy diamonds sometimes forget that $40.00 for a handbag (be it a child''s or a mother''s) is a lot of the average family''s paycheck!

Deb, who agrees with you!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried, unsuccessfully, to copy some images of Vera Bradley handbags off a friend's eBay website. I wanted to post photos here of some of my favorite Vera Bradley patterns here. (Many of them are retired and one can find pieces in those fabrics only on eBay.)

The best I can do at the moment is to post a link to my firend's website. Then, if anyone is motivated, he can take a look at it on his own. She has three pages of listings and not all items are Vera Bradley, though.

If you go there to visit, notice the Bluebird Miller bag. Bluebird was a favorite of many, many people and it often fetches top dollar when a piece of it is available on eBay. The Elizabeth (a lovely yellow) and Greenfield patterns (of which pieces are listed there) are also among my favorites. I used to sell some of these items myself. If I look on my daughter's computer (which was once mine) I may find some photos I took of Vera Bradley bags. There is a red pattern I particularly liked.

Nowadays one can see all the company's retired patterns on the Vera Bradley website. It used to be a challenge to find out the name of the retired pattern one had!

Vera Bradley Bags on eBay

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results