shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Ideas on where to look for a poppy wedding bouquet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I want to do my own flowers and I''ve been searching online for florists who carry red poppies, but no luck
7.gif

If you used a florist online and have had a good experience please share...

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''d always heard that red poppies were too delicate to use as cut flowers. I remember picking them as a child and they nearly always dropped their petals as you picked them.

Those were the wild ones though - you may have stronger cultivars in the US.

If you can find real ones - you could always add some silk ones in - the silk ones these days are almost identical to the real thing.

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Wow fresh poppies are hard to find! I have been looking for the past half hour and nothing! I have seen seeds, and dried poppies. Mustangfan may be right.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
thanks pandora,

On the Martha Stewart fall wedding ediition, they have a bouquet of poppies but it a peachy color. They aren''t your stardard poppy, I have to check what they are.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
ok they are called icelandic poppies

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
They''re a lot more hardy - my mother grows them - but I''ve never seen them in red, more white, blue, peaches, yellows.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I have no idea where to find them. But I love poppies, especially that gorgeous red/orange color they have.

Plus, it sort of reminds me of the Wizard of Oz
1.gif
"Poppies. Poppies. Poppies will put them to sleep."

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Well I still can''t find them! Onlly in the stupid martha stewart wedding mag
38.gif

I might have to give up on the idea and do red roses

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
One option might be to get white iclenadic poppies and place them in water that is dyed red. It works well for roses but I don''t know if it would work in poppies as well.
This is the only picture I could find and it comes from a florist in hong kong.

51006B-BF.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
hi my date twin! That would be a good idea to dye the white ones, if only I could find the white ones and try it out!
5.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I tried looking for poppies but with no luck. Look at anemones.. there are several varieties and some look like poppies. They are pretty easy to find also. I love the look of the ones with the black center!

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mustangfan!

I love the poppy cover of Martha too! I am having trouble posting a picture right now, but I was just on the knot looking at red bouquets and there was one that was done of red and pink anemones. I thought maybe you could use all red ones to get a similar look to the poppy one?
Sorry I can''t post the pic, but if you go to the knot and look at the flowers, and choose red in the drop down menu the one I saw is there and titled anemones.

Good luck!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
very pretty! thanks happy in love!

they definitely look like poppies!

anemones.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
unfortunately anemones are a cool weather plant, I spoke to freshroses.com and they said it would be risky since they are also delicate, so I guess I''m going to have to use roses
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results