shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Ideas on how to propose to a guy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all, Such sweet stories! I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how to propose to a guy?
Many Thanks!:wavey:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I love that you would propose to him! :)

Well....what do you think he would like? Public? Private? Favorite hobbies? Romantic? Do you share some special memory, you'd like to recreate?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/11/2002 4:50:23 PM

I love that you would propose to him! :)

Well....what do you think he would like? Public? Private? Favorite hobbies? Romantic? Do you share some special memory, you'd like to recreate?

----------------

well he said he'd kill me if I ever had waiters sing to him on his birthday, so I guess private, LOL :love:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I'm with him on the singing waiter thing! LOL

Well, what else does he like? Do you have a favorite spot from your first date? Beach? Lake? Weekend away? Make him dinner? Give me more to go on and I'll try to come up with some more detailed ideas. :)

ScaredButExcited

Rough_Rock
Q: How do you have sex with a porcupine?
A: Very carefully

I think it's great (as a guy) that you're proposing... Of course, you're not off the hook for the same worrying that we go through (Is it the right time? Will they say yes? etc. etc.) If TV is any reflection of popular culture, this is a trend that seems to be gaining momentum (Friends, 6 feet under, etc.)

I think that I would really want it to be a private moment. I love my girlfriend incredibly, and wouldn't be on this forum at all if I weren't ready to marry her (posted a new topic about Tiffany's 3 stone rings). At the same time, I know there are people (in public places) who would look down on me if she proposed to me. Wouldn't bother me a whole lot, but you're trying to make things perfect, right?

I'm wondering if you couldn't give him something like the ring . A watch, a piece of jewelry of some sort (if he wears jewelry. if not, an engagement 5 iron? Now we're talking). Engrave it with something like 'given to JimBob on the day we became engaged.' That could do it. That would also give him a chance to ask you back (I'm projecting, but he may really want to do that.).

(more)

ScaredButExcited

Rough_Rock
(continued)

As for the ceremony of the proposal, I think the same rules apply. Rule 1: It has to be about the two of you. Rule 2: See rule 1.

An exercise that's helped me in my planning is writing down my favorite memories of our relationship. All of them. Things she's said, I've said, things we've laughed about. That gave me several obvious locations, and several obvious things that all of our good times have in common. I'm still waiting for the right final plan to gel, but it really did help to get stuff down on paper to see what in our relationship could be used to plan that day.

Wow. Excuse the long reply, and I hope it helps.

mishalep02

Rough_Rock
hi i'm replying to the add how to propose to a guy? have you found the way to do it and how did it turn out please tell me how you id it and did it work. thanks.
love.gif

Noah

Rough_Rock
Hello

I am a guy, and I was proposed to by my now fiance. So maybe I can give a little perspective on this end.

I was not very shocked because she had mentioned it before but I still did not expect her to do it. Either way it is unique and exciting even for the aspect that its not often a girl proposes to a guy. I said yes and accepted a wonderful platinum band. She did it in private, in our bedroom.

But somehow despite the novelty of it, there is an air of "incompleteness" surrounding the engagement - more from her than me, if you get my drift. I haven't asked her so she has no engagement ring.
eek.gif
Mind you I already planned on asking her wayyyy before and am buying her ring right now (why im here)...
wacko.gif
but until I give her the ring and ask her, theres no full sense of the legendary tradition of a man on his knee which quite frankly i still am going to do!

Its a great story to tell people, but it just doesnt have the same magic.. i dont know what do other people think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results