shape
carat
color
clarity

Any ideas in what to wear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

paliquito

Rough_Rock
Because of a sudden call for deployment to Iraq, I am press for time. I know I want to marry my GF, so I already planned out the proposal and stuff. I''''m going to do a small, in the court type of wedding ceremony, so we can get on paper; after I get back than we''''ll have the huge church thing. My problem is I don''''t know what to wear since it is not the actual thing in the church.
I like to wear suits and all, but is wearing a tuxedo too much? Please give me your wisdom in what to wear.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Wear what you're comfortable with. I've seen tuxes and whites on a beach and Hawaiian shirts in a chapel. If you've always dreamed of doing it dressy, make it so.
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you''re planning on having the big wedding later, and just doing the court thing for now, I would go with a suit and save the tux for the "big event." Also, you are proposing and planning to marry within a few days of each other, correct? If she doesn''t have a wedding gown by the time you marry in the civil ceremony you will look a bit out of place in a tux while she is in a dress/outfit instead of a gown.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
You could always just wear a suit and not a tux if you want look nice but not be too dressy. Ask your GF what she''s going to wear, if she''s wearing something nice, then a suit is the way to go.

Good luck in Iraq and stay safe.
1.gif

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the suit!
36.gif

My husband and I also were married at the courthouse (he''s Navy) and had a big shin-dig much later.

We had not anticipated getting married that day. We went to pick up the marriage license one afternoon, and apparently in TX, the waiting period doesn''t apply to active duty military. It seemed like a good idea at the time to get everything knocked-out in one trip to the courthouse.

I wish I had at least worn some make-up and blow-dried my hair. We wore flip flops, shorts and T-shirts.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I would go for a suit... also depends what your FI will be wearing too.

Good luck and thank you for your service to our country!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dress uniform

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh I think your dress uniform is a great idea! If not I would agree about the suit.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh blast, I forgot about the dress uniform pali! I think you should definitely wear that over the suit if it''s possible. Best of luck! Thank you also for serving our country!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results