shape
carat
color
clarity

Any idea how to find a dress that might be 5 years old?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I came across this lovely gown shown below by Anne Barge. It was used as the main photo for advertising that designer on a bridal store's website found here: http://www.thewhitedressbytheshore.com/ABtruly.htm

According to that page, the gown is named "Truly," but...I looked over Anne Barge's website three times now and haven't found it anywhere. There is no search option, but the current gowns are not named. So I started to wonder what was going on, until I saw that the webpage I found that dress on is dated 2003.

So! Either:

a) It isn't an Anne Barge dress.
b) It is, but it isn't on her website anymore (and therefore isn't available anymore?)
c) It is and IS on her website, and I just can't see correctly.

I realize that I can just have a dress made that looks like it (with bell sleeves! I still want my sleeves), but would rather not go through the trouble of that if I don't have to. So, anyone know how to find it? I emailed the website a while ago and never got a reply.

Also, I'm dumb with materials (see Sarah's seersucker thread
3.gif
). The skirt in this dress--is it chiffon? Organza? That's the main thing I love about it. It looks beautifully floaty. And I think the top would look good on me.
1.gif

annebargetruly1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
...ok, can someone at least let me know what material the skirt is made from?
1.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
don''t worry gwen! It''s hard to tell these floaty materials from a photo. It could be organza, chiffon, I think even English net looks like this. (well, I don''t know my fabrics very well either...so I might be wrong).

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
it definitely looks like an Anne Barge. That''s the model they''ve been using recently for campaigns. Maybe it''s super new and isn''t in the salons yet?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Well, you can look through the gowns here and see if you can find it, then call local Anne Barge retailers to see if you cat get it. I love her stuff, but it's hard to get a hold of as for the fabric? Dunno, sorry.

p.s., look here too!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
ok, so I went to the Anne Barge website, and clicked on "ad campaign" at the bottom. Flip through a few pages, and your dress is there. It''s part of the 2008 ad campaign.

I love Anne Barge. So romantic and gorgeous.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
When I couldn''t find the number for my dress when I was looking for it at a discount, I emailed a picture of it to either Pearl''s Place or RK Bridal (sorry, I forget which!) and they were able to tell me the designer, the number, and whether they carried it for a discount or not!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Did I miss your engagement thread????

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/vendor/designer/annebarge/detail/174264?offset=10 Here it is. It says organza and tulle.

Anne Barge
Style No. LF150
V-neck fit-and-flare gown. Pintucked tulle with beaded and embroidered empire band.

ETA: Good news is that I think the "LF" in the style name means that it's her La Fleur line. Which is supposed to be more reasonably priced, from what I understand. I think it's pintuck tulle over organza which means light and airy.

Okay I found it at www.AnneBarge.com -- go to 'collections' then "la fleur" then "Fall 2007" and it's the second pic. Definitely La Fleur. Which is nice for the pocket book.

It's also on the knot under La Fleur by Anne Barge

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 5:17:28 PM
Author: CrownJewel
ok, so I went to the Anne Barge website, and clicked on 'ad campaign' at the bottom. Flip through a few pages, and your dress is there. It's part of the 2008 ad campaign.

I love Anne Barge. So romantic and gorgeous.
Thank you!!!! For whatever reason, the website date (and lack of reply) got me thinking that store's website was out of date and it was an old dress I was looking for, not a new one! Muchas gracias!!
36.gif

mercoledi: hmm, if it's hard to get ahold of generally, it's probably really hard for me to get from the UK. Thanks for the info, and the links!
1.gif

Sabine: I tried to email the website where I first found it but didn't get a reply. If I have any more questions about dresses, I'll give them both a shout to see if they can give me some answers. Thanks!

iwanna: not officially engaged yet but since (for immigration reasons) have to put the wedding thing together pretty quickly, I've been window-shopping...

Gypsy: Thank you for the style number! And for checking on the fabrics too.
1.gif

ETA: It's in the La Fleur line?! Holy cow, I literally looked through those dresses repeatedly just to make sure I didn't pass it over! I am a complete bonehead!

Thank you again for your help, ladies!
35.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
The floaty fabric is the tulle. If you still want the poet sleeves, you could ask if they will sell you some extra tulle to make it. That is what I am doing with my dress

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
But OUCH still! According to Kleinfeld''s it gets two $$ which means between $3-5k!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 6:17:03 PM
Author: neatfreak
But OUCH still! According to Kleinfeld''s it gets two $$ which means between $3-5k!!!
And that''s the discount line?! Jeezy creezy.

iwanna, excellent! Thanks so much for the link!

Brazen, aye, that''s the idea to make the sleeves, although if this dress is as expensive as neatfreak says, there''s no way it will be this exact dress.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Gwen that dress is gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I''d advise you to buy from the States if you can. Wedding dresses are usually double the price over here
38.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 3:35:47 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Date: 5/27/2008 6:17:03 PM

Author: neatfreak

And that''s the discount line?! Jeezy creezy.

iwanna, excellent! Thanks so much for the link!

Brazen, aye, that''s the idea to make the sleeves, although if this dress is as expensive as neatfreak says, there''s no way it will be this exact dress.

Just wanted to say beautiful dress and glad everyone helped you find it!! If it''s too pricey we''ll just have to find something that looks like it.
4.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Del, glad you like it! Since basically J''s and my engagement is on hold until I say I''m ready (which I''m guessing will probably be soon after we move in together in a couple months
36.gif
) I am trying to get ready so I know what dresses to find, since I still don''t know if we''ll be getting married here or in the US or how much time we''ll have in advance! I think if we can we''ll wait until we''re in the US simply because I think EVERYTHING will cost heaps less then!
9.gif

Sarah, you are just the sweetest thing, you know that?
1.gif
I am afraid $3000 for a dress is out of my budget, so if you know of any other dresses that have that kind of a skirt (and preferably a top like this one where it''s be easy to add sleeves and show off a bit o'' the girls), that''d be awesome. But if not, don''t worry about it! I will keep looking!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results