shape
carat
color
clarity

Any good news on Good Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it would be fun for us to share some tidbits of good news today. Whatever it may be, work-related, ering-related, suspicious activity-related
31.gif
, feel free to share so we can all cheer you on!

My good news: My ering will be finished in exactly one week from today! Yipee!!! It''s currently at the jewelers being made and he promised it would be done by the 17th. That doesn''t mean I''ll get it then, but just knowing it will be finished and ready to be picked up is enough for now! Then the real waiting begins
32.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Well I had bad news last night but good news today that made the bad news a bit better. Although they did find cancer during my friend''s surgery last night, it is microscopal and they are doing Chemo but expect 100% recovery afterwards.

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 10:36:23 AM
Author:idreamofcushions
I thought it would be fun for us to share some tidbits of good news today. Whatever it may be, work-related, ering-related, suspicious activity-related
31.gif

My good news: My ering will be finished in exactly one week from today! Yipee!!! It''s currently at the jewelers being made and he promised it would be done by the 17th. That doesn''t mean I''ll get it then, but just knowing it will be finished and ready to be picked up is enough for now! Then the real waiting begins
32.gif
I cannot wait to see your Ering! I simply LOVE cushions! So exciting for you!!! Please post pictures As soon as you get it! :)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
well I got an unexpected bonus from my employer - on the Down Low! So i''ll be SHOPPING!
9.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
no good news yet, but i am hoping to go jewelry shopping, oh and to buy a new brace for my foot so i can drive
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
My good news for today--my family and I are celebrating my birthday tonight!
1.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Does good news yesterday count? My FMIL treated me and my FSIL to massages and then dinner...I was in HEAVEN!!!!!!!!

Today, FI and I are going to my brother's house for the long weekend, which will be a fun time.

ETA: Have an amazing time tonight Gwen!!! Lucky girl you get to celebrate your b-day twice! Happy Birthday...again!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 11:20:21 AM
Author: happydreams

31.gif

32.gif

I cannot wait to see your Ering! I simply LOVE cushions! So exciting for you!!! Please post pictures As soon as you get it! :)

Thanks, HP! Kinda of a funny story though...I did NOT end up going with a cushion, if you can believe that!
23.gif
I''ve loved cushions for years and was 100% sure I would end up with one for my ering. As it turns out, the more time I spent on PS, the more obsessed I became with asschers. I tried on both when we went shopping and ended out getting an asscher after all! I hope you''ll still enjoy the pics when the time comes though
2.gif

Now if only I could figure out how to change my screen name...hmmm.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
dragonfly411 - I''m sorry to hear that your friend is struggling with cancer, but that is really good about making a 100% recovery. Your post really struck a cord with me. The reason I started this thread is because my sister called me this morning with some terrible news. Her father-in-law (I come from a very tight-knit family so he''s basically like a father to me too) has been battling stomach cancer for the last 2 years. He took a turn for the worse and has been in the hospital for about 2 weeks. Unfortunately there was nothing that could be done, and he passed away this morning at 4 am. I really needed some cheering up, so I thought hearing happy stories from others would help (always look on the bright side, right?) I''m so happy for your friend! A success story like that really brightens my day. Thank you for sharing.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GWEN!!!

I can always count on PS for a pick-me-up
16.gif

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 11:49:56 AM
Author: idreamofcushions

31.gif

32.gif

Thanks, HP! Kinda of a funny story though...I did NOT end up going with a cushion, if you can believe that!
23.gif
I''ve loved cushions for years and was 100% sure I would end up with one for my ering. As it turns out, the more time I spent on PS, the more obsessed I became with asschers. I tried on both when we went shopping and ended out getting an asscher after all! I hope you''ll still enjoy the pics when the time comes though
2.gif

Oh, I love Asschers. I, myself, am getting a square step cut. (emerald cut)
My BF is looking for rings now and last weekend (here''s my funny story), I asked him if he could do a different setting other than what we originally agreed on and perhaps a different stone. He gave me this blank stare - like "are you f-ing kidding me?" OR it was a "why are you driving me up the wall?" stare. LOL.
He didn''t give me an option. He was like "NO, I have invested too much time in it and so have vendors I''ve been working with".
I do love cushions but the thing is, they tend to look smaller for their carat weight. I tried on a 2 carat at the diamond district and it looked tiny on my fingers and that''s why I decided to go with the square cut. Plus, I feel like they are different - 10 out of 10 times, I would rather do a fancy cut than the classic.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 12:19:24 PM
Date: 4/10/2009 11:49:56 AM

Author: idreamofcushions

31.gif

32.gif

23.gif
2.gif

Oh, I love Asschers. I, myself, am getting a square step cut. (emerald cut)

My BF is looking for rings now and last weekend (here''s my funny story), I asked him if he could do a different setting other than what we originally agreed on and perhaps a different stone. He gave me this blank stare - like ''are you f-ing kidding me?'' OR it was a ''why are you driving me up the wall?'' stare. LOL.

He didn''t give me an option. He was like ''NO, I have invested too much time in it and so have vendors I''ve been working with''.

I do love cushions but the thing is, they tend to look smaller for their carat weight. I tried on a 2 carat at the diamond district and it looked tiny on my fingers and that''s why I decided to go with the square cut. Plus, I feel like they are different - 10 out of 10 times, I would rather do a fancy cut than the classic.

Wow, you and I really think alike. When I tried on a 1.0 carat cushion it looked so small to me! Then the jeweler shows me this 1.29 asscher...um, hello..no comparison! That''s the one I ended up getting. It had to be a fancy cut though
31.gif

Oh, and our SO''s totally sound the same! When I first mentioned my interest in an asscher, K was like "NO! absolutely not! you are getting a cushion bc that''s what you''ve always wanted" Then when he saw it IRL, there was no doubt that the asscher would make me happiest. I think your SO will want to do whatever makes you happiest too, even if it ends up being something different. Good luck!

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
My SO''s parents are coming into town this weekend, and his older brother and his wife are coming with... I haven''t seen them in forever, so that''s exciting! (Well, I''ve seen older brother and wife more recently)

It is also possible that they are bringing the ring down to give to SO... I''m pretty sure it was purchased up north while he was home, and they may have it... but that''s all speculation. I''m just happy to spend Easter with his family!

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
IDOC, yeah....looks like we have the same taste! :) I only tried on the 2 carat b/c the vendor handed it to me when I mentioned I like cushions. In reality, I imagine I will receive something closer to 1.5 carats. I have pretty slender hands though (size 4.5) so that''s plenty for me.
face1.gif
face23.gif

I suffer from constant undecisiveness, which my BF knows. I will be happy with an emerald...but I am greedy so I want a cushion too.
I think he''s in the final stages of purchasing the ring, so it''s probably not the best time to ask for a different setting or cut. I think I will be thrilled once I receive whatever he got me.

Speaking of good news, I just got 13 bucks taken off my NYSC membership! (per month)
I recently moved from Manhattan to a borough, which makes my gym membership cheaper. Yay!! Every little bit helps.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
My Good Friday good news is that my BF just called me out of the blue to tell me hi and that he loved me... awww how cute!!! and also yesterday was my 2 year anniversary at my job!!!! and I think it was my 1 year anniversary on PS!!!

I hope Easter is happy for everyone. I know I''ll enjoy it as it''s my FAVORITE holiday, and because I gave up baked-goods for lent and am so very excited as my mom is making me cookies for easter! I''m so excited... I love cookies, my hips can prove it!

36.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 11:34:41 AM
Author: gwendolyn
My good news for today--my family and I are celebrating my birthday tonight!
1.gif

Have fun!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Bia, idreamofcushions and jcarlylew! It was a fun evening, and was great to see my 6-year-old nephew again. He''s too funny!
5.gif

jcarlylew, glad you''ll be able to drive again, but what happened to your foot?!
6.gif

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Good news on Good Friday...?? SO took me to ring shopping for the second time
9.gif
!!! It was so fun trying on different styles, and he is getting really into the process and even mentioned maybe I should let him handle it on his own from this point onwards! Not sure if I like that, I still want to see the stones/settings!! But I''m so happy that he is on "it" without the need of me pressuring him
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
This thread is soooo much fun! Well my good news happened the day after Good Friday, and I''m Jewish, but who cares! He bought his plane ticket to come see me in May, which is when I think he is proposing!!!!! And we get to see each other in 6 days! And go ring shopping next Saturday!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Very exciting, ilovesparkles!! Yay for May proposals! I think that''s when K is proposing.

Have fun ring shopping! (sneak some pics if you can
31.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results