shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Computer Geeks out there? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Vendor has email me some images as attachement, after opening it, it has 4 images on one attachement, on clicking on one of the images, it got transported to Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 I want to save this image, so I clicked on the right side of mouse but nothing happen, it just would not let me save this image. So, here is where I got stucked!

Can someone please help and give me pointers what I have to do? How to save this image on Adobe Photoshop?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you open the image by clicking or double clicking on it Meg?

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei,
Yes, I can open images but not save them.
face8.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Hit printscreen on your keyboard and paste them into photoshop and save them that way :).

Not the best way but one of the easier ways ;-).

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:31:54 PM
Author: Deelight
Hit printscreen on your keyboard and paste them into photoshop and save them that way :).

Not the best way but one of the easier ways ;-).
Deelight,
Thanks, where do you find this printscreen key? (ducking my head in shame)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bruddah Dezza should be able to get you through this, look at the keys top right of the keyboard, prt Scr is next to scroll lock and pause/ break on mine.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei,
My keyboard is in german but I will try to find something similar. Will let you know!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
No, it doen''t work!! Any other way?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:42:00 PM
Author: Lorelei
Bruddah Dezza should be able to get you through this, look at the keys top right of the keyboard, prt Scr is next to scroll lock and pause/ break on mine.

Ditto it is above the insert key.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
If I want to save files in Photoshop I do the following

Click File
Scroll down to Save as
Brings up the screen to save name the file
On the format menu I choose GIF or JPG
Click Save

In my photoshop it doesn''t allow you to save the images by right clicking them.

hopefully that helps :D

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I found it, but it doesn''t work. I kept hitting this printscreen but no reaction!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
The second way should work

Though if your doing the first way you will need to copy the file back into photoshop and then save it using the second way mentioned :).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 1:00:05 PM
Author: megeve
Yes, I found it, but it doesn't work. I kept hitting this printscreen but no reaction!
Right click on the image using your mouse, then it should say ' save as' on the list which opens that, select that option then you can go from there, probably ignore the print screen key for the moment, is that right Dezza?

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I found it, but it doesn''t work. I kept hitting this printscreen but no reaction!
can you tell me what is the image file extension name? (ie. .jpg, .gif)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:06:37 PM

Right click on the image using your mouse, then it should say '' save as'' on the list which opens that, select that option then you can go from there, probably ignore the print screen key for the moment, is that right Dezza?

If they are already opened in photoshop I don''t think it allows you to the right-click thing - it doesn''t on mine I have to save it through the file however if it is on a website/email you can print screen or right-click it open it into photoshop and save.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:09:22 PM
Author: grapegravity

I do not know, it would not let me double right click.

Type: Compressed (Zipped) Folder - Does it tell you anything?

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:11:55 PM
Author: Deelight

Date: 3/27/2009 1:06:37 PM

Right click on the image using your mouse, then it should say '' save as'' on the list which opens that, select that option then you can go from there, probably ignore the print screen key for the moment, is that right Dezza?

If they are already opened in photoshop I don''t think it allows you to the right-click thing - it doesn''t on mine I have to save it through the file however if it is on a website/email you can print screen or right-click it open it into photoshop and save.
No, it won''t allow me to right-click and theres no file shown only photoshop page and I can''t go forward, no reaction whatever I do! Helppppppp

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:27:20 PM

Date: 3/27/2009 1:09:22 PM

I do not know, it would not let me double right click.

Type: Compressed (Zipped) Folder - Does it tell you anything?
Can you single right click on the image and choose "properties"? If so, this should show you the file extension name... My FI said that he needs to know what type of the file the actual images are in order to help you to save them...

the compressed (Zipped) folder just means that you need to unzip it with Winzip in order for you to view the images since the attachment are pretty big files.... But i guess you didn''t need to do that to view them... hmmm...
33.gif

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Actually FI said that program is the viewer… so that''s why right click wont work....

he suggest to try this...

open the file in whatever file its default to open then press ALT+printscreen… then open Paint then click on Edit -> Paste… Resize the image to whatever you like then save it

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 2:13:03 PM

Actually FI said that program is the viewer… so that''s why right click wont work....

he suggest to try this...

open the file in whatever file its default to open then press ALT+printscreen… then open Paint then click on Edit -> Paste… Resize the image to whatever you like then save it

Grapegravity, thanks for trying!

Theres no file shown on this photoshop page to click on. At the top left hand corner of the photoshop page is a red slanted sort of square, when I clicked on it, it has only 3 functions: restore, minimize and close Alt + F4 Thats it, nothing else!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Ok try this:

1) have the picture you want centered on your screen so it is the size you want it

2) press the print screen button

3) Open microsoft paint (start->all programs->accessories->paint)

4) in microsoft paint click the edit tab and select paste from the drop down menu
(if the paste option isn''t highlighted, go to your image and click the printscreen again)

5) it may ask you to resize if the picture is bigger than the initial screen size -> click ok

6) your screen capture will appear in paint

7)use the square cut tool to cut out the image you want

8) open another instance of paint and paste the cut out image

9) save the cut out image as you like.

that''s it :)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
save the zip file to your desktop then right click the zip file and select extract if your running xp or vista this will create a new folder with your images in it.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 4:07:31 PM
Author: strmrdr
save the zip file to your desktop then right click the zip file and select extract if your running xp or vista this will create a new folder with your images in it.
ditto..

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 4:07:31 PM
Author: strmrdr
woohoo.gif
Wow!! Storm, thank you so much, you are the greatest! I did it! That was the key, save the zip file to the desktop, then it worked. I am so happy!!
trampo.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Don't open the file from your email. Instead, right click on it IN THE EMAIL first - then you can save it to your desktop.

From there, go to your desktop, right click on the zip file, and choose "extract." If you don't have a program to extract them with, you will need to download a program, but the Adobe one should work for you. Then you can save them on your computer anywhere you like!
36.gif

Whoops, Karl beat me to it lol.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei, Deelight, Grapegravity,
emrose.gif

Thank you so much for your support, you have helped me to move forward too.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei,

Thats not you with the saw chain??

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 4:49:22 PM
Lorelei,

Thats not you with the saw chain??
i am undercover for a bit.....
9.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
MonkeyPie,
Thank you, you came just in the nick of time!

HopeDream,
Thanks for helping out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results