shape
carat
color
clarity

Any comments on this diamond? It's for an engagement ring.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone is a bit leaky. I found a couple of other options you can take a look at.

BasicGuy

Rough_Rock
What does it mean by leaky? Pls. excuse me for the lack of knowledge.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does it mean by leaky? Pls. excuse me for the lack of knowledge.

It's leaking some light under the table, not fully returning light back to the eye, so it won't be as sparkly as other diamonds.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like a stone and are still thinking about it, be sure to put it on hold. Check this one out:

I would look at stones with close to these parameters.

depth 60-62.4%
table 54-58%
crown angle 34-35 degrees (can go up to 35.5 or 36 if paired with 40.6 pavilion)
pavilion angle 40.6-40.9 degrees

Generally, a shallower crown angle will pair better with a steeper pavilion angle and vice versa.

You also get 3 free uses of the HCA.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some VVS options.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, BasicGuy!
You should consider including VS1-VS2 and SI1 in your search...most LGDs have pretty forgiving inclusions, so finding a slightly lower clarity grade where the inclusions won't be seen without magnification is quite easy, so they will appear just as clean as any IF-VVS2 diamond:

BasicGuy

Rough_Rock
Here are some VVS options.

Thank you for the recommendation currently looking into this.

BasicGuy

Rough_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, BasicGuy!
You should consider including VS1-VS2 and SI1 in your search...most LGDs have pretty forgiving inclusions, so finding a slightly lower clarity grade where the inclusions won't be seen without magnification is quite easy, so they will appear just as clean as any IF-VVS2 diamond:

Thank you for this suggestions i'll check out the VS2 you sent me. But most likely my least would be a VS1 I would say.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Oh that looks amazing! Will look into your recommendations too. thanks!

You're very welcome. Feel free to ask any questions if you need clarification or advice on anything.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Yes, you do not want to pay the premium that the VVS clarity will cost. Eye clean is all you need. You can accomplish that easily with a VS2 or SI1 if you search and then you can buy a larger diamond. VVS is over kill on clarity and has nothing to do with how well a diamond performs to the naked eye. CUT IS KING and not color or clarity.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
It's leaking some light under the table, not fully returning light back to the eye, so it won't be as sparkly as other diamonds.

Kim, How can you tell that from the video? Are you looking at the numbers? The numbers that are good for 1c stones are different than for larger stones. Did you do an HCA on that stone?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Kim, How can you tell that from the video? Are you looking at the numbers? The numbers that are good for 1c stones are different than for larger stones. Did you do an HCA on that stone?

Suspect areas (between the arrows) circled below. It will always be hard to tell from the format of these kind of pictures/rotational views, but it's a chance that doesn't need to be taken since there are plenty of alternatives in the price realm to pick from.

Screenshot_20220610-180026.png

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
The 1.13 you picked scored a 1 on the HCA and is in the parameters of an Excellent GIA cut grade and an Ideal AGS cut grade. This site seems to have good prices on their stones. Also the IGI cut grade is "Ideal". This could be a very nice diamond and larger than the other one you picked. Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 7.06.24 PM.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The 1.13 you picked scored a 1 on the HCA and is in the parameters of an Excellent GIA cut grade and an Ideal AGS cut grade. This site seems to have good prices on their stones. Also the IGI cut grade is "Ideal". This could be a very nice diamond and larger than the other one you picked. Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 7.06.24 PM.png

The 1.13 appears to have blue nuance, unfortunately.
Now that I look at it again, the 1.36 that I posted may have it, as well.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1.13 appears to have blue nuance, unfortunately.
Now that I look at it again, the 1.36 that I posted may have it, as well.

TAoJ's photography makes it so difficult IMO. I thought that the color here leaned not-blue overall.

screenshot.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suspect areas (between the arrows) circled below. It will always be hard to tell from the format of these kind of pictures/rotational views, but it's a chance that doesn't need to be taken since there are plenty of alternatives in the price realm to pick from.

Screenshot_20220610-180026.png

I agree!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
TAoJ's photography makes it so difficult IMO. I thought that the color here leaned not-blue overall.

screenshot.jpg

When I first saw it face up I thought maybe, but from the side I wasn't seeing the blue so I think IRL it won't have any blue tint.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I kindly and humbly disagree...I can see the slight grayish-blue tint at the edges of the girdle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results