shape
carat
color
clarity

any Chanel lovers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I've stayed away from the "Shopping" section as long as I could but I've been checking in periodically for the last few weeks and now I just had to see if there are any fellow Chanel lovers on PS.

My sweetie just got me my dream bag for a bday gift so I just wanted to share the excitement. It's my first Chanel (I was formerly all over the place with LVs, Guccis, etc) and the lambskin leather is so so so soft and I was eyeing the balenciagas for a while since I do like those too but I fell into the Chanel abyss after I started really shopping for a new splurge. Had to see if there's anyone out there to share in the joy!
1.gif

ETA: if you are a Chanel Lover, what is your favorite style or what style do you own?

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Me! Me! Me! I'm a Chanel lover!
30.gif
I will always love Chanel, the size fits my frame the best. I had the hardest time looking for purses that I liked in LV and Gucci even though I have a few LV pieces from the Monogram Mat collection.

Which Chanel did you get? The Classic Flap? I have a small classic flap from the early 90's (my first) with gold hardware that my mom took from me and uses on occasion.

Ever since I joined tPF I have been on the Chanel subforum and subsequently bought 5 purses - large black caviar classic flap, ligne cambon bowler, supple big tote, supple medium tote, accordian flap. I think my last purchase will be a nylon/microfiber bag for rainy days!
31.gif

The biggest thing right now is the Coco Cabas, the "trashbag", I like something a little more structured. I don't really have a favorite bag, they're all my favorites, although I use the ligne cambon bowler and supple medium tote the most for everyday wear.
9.gif

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
hi luckyhonu!

wow it sounds like you have a nice collection. I was actually torn about getting a classic flap but it's dressier and I wanted something that could be both day to day for me but also dressy enough for evening-- perhaps it can be my 2nd chanel?
31.gif

I got the Ultimate Soft in medium black and I LOVE it. I've recently started reading Purse Forum and it's so addictive with all the purse lovers (esp. chanel threads!).

I was originally in love with this new bowler style they have but that was before I saw the Ultimate Soft and touched that buttery soft leather-- then it was total love. haha I assume you are located in Hawaii? I actually bought mine (or I should say Fiance did since it was a gift from him and he actually helped choose the style) on Oahu -- the guy told me that it's the highest selling Chanel store (ala moana center) in all of the US-- I love how there was such a large selection there and the waikiki location. We don't have as many styles at the Houston location from what I have seen.

It does seem like everyone on the purse forum has been pretty crazy about the cabas style but I just wasn't looking for purses that large. I already have quite a few big purses (albeit dressier ones like the LV Luco and Tod's purses) but those are primarily for work. I'm a bit worried about the soft lambskin of the Ultimate Soft but the SA told me it's a lot more durable than it looks or feels so hopefully it won't scratch too easily. I almost went with something else just to get caviar leather since it seems so much more durable.

what has your experience been with the different leather types?

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
oops-- I just remembered something about you and SF -- I think I''ve seen your ring in the SF gathering photos? I guess I assumed you lived in Hawaii based on your PS name. =)

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
diamondlove - you are in HOuston? me too

I have been in Chanel twice, both times, not 1 salesperson said hello or offered to help.
I didn''t look like I just walked off the farm either. Neimans carries Chanel also don''t they?

I would so love to check out their bags. A friend of mine just had her Chanel bag and YSL wallet stolen from her car.
I haven''t heard much about YSL - sort''a in the dark on that one

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m not from Hawaii, DH is from Hawaii
1.gif

I can imagine how Chanel at Ala Moana is the highest selling store in the US, their LV store on Kalakaua is also the #1 store in the US
36.gif

I like the ultimate soft - the leather is TDF! However I am the clumsiest person in the world and when I got my lambskin classic flap I scratched it the first time I used it
7.gif
So I am partial to caviar leather and supple leather. The cambon leather also holds up well. I think in general the goatskin leather is pretty durable, for example the Luxury Ligne Bowler comes in goatskin and deerskin and I haven''t really heard any complaints.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Neimans carries Chanel as well as Nordstrom in Seattle.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it as well. I have a lot of Chanel bags, evening ones to totes, and things in between. I also am a Chanel sunglass freak, I must have 10 pairs right now, each time I pass an optical store there are so many great ones I cannot resist. I also love the shoes and the jackets, which is not helpful on the wallet. I love the caviar leather for every day since I have kids and am tough on my stuff sometimes...but I just love them. I actually saw one tonight I want, a classic shape in caviar with silver double chain, and it is not too big or too small. I really love it, just want to make sure it holds my daily stuff and is not too heavy...

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 1:03:59 AM
Author: Ann
diamondlove - you are in HOuston? me too

I have been in Chanel twice, both times, not 1 salesperson said hello or offered to help.
I didn''t look like I just walked off the farm either. Neimans carries Chanel also don''t they?

I would so love to check out their bags. A friend of mine just had her Chanel bag and YSL wallet stolen from her car.
I haven''t heard much about YSL - sort''a in the dark on that one
Yeah, there''s a good number of us Houstonians on here it seems.
1.gif

Salespeople do vary a lot but I agree that the ones in Houston are not the best -- the ones in Neiman''s are okay but not too knowledgeable. However, the one we had in Oahu was SO knowledgeable AND friendly that I''m really glad he made our commission. I don''t think the Houston Nordstrom''s carries Chanel though-- I think it''s only the Seattle one that Lucky Honu mentioned.

wow that sucks about your friend-- it seems like there have been tons of robberies around town bc of the time of year. We all need to be careful.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondfan - I think the bag you saw with the double silver chain in caviar is the one I have! I do have to say that it doesn''t exactly hold that much stuff (the double flap makes the inside of the bag smaller) but to organize it I bought the joeyjunior which is great for holding most of my things.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky, I htink it is 1775.00? I just glanced at it today in a rush, they had camel and black, but I have a lot of camel bags (black too) and want chocolate brown which they did not have. I want to go back and put my wallet, makeup bag, phone and sunglasses in and see if it is organized or too tight...I hate overly huge things were everything gets lost but I hate tight bags where things are squeezed in too...so we shall see how it goes...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another Chanel lover checking in. I have a black classic flap and a beige one. I saw a beautiful navy blue bag in Neiman''s last week (don''t know the name of it) - it had 3 sections. The 2 outside sections closed with zippers and the middle section closed with a clip. It cost about $2450.00. It had lots of room for a fairly small bag. I might go back this weekend for another look.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondfan, my large classic flap was $1595 so I think the one you were looking at was the jumbo classic flap? I think that one is nice too! I find that my Chanel sunglasses are too bukly with the hard sunglass case so I just put them in the cloth sunglasses bag that they come with.

If you want something for every day I also suggest the Chanel Cerf tote, the texture is similar to caviar but IMO the straps are more comfortable than the classic flap, it's really cute and totally practical. The medallion tote is also very popular and comfortable.

I would love a beige classic flap one day, I think that would complete my classic flap collection.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh and I just finished watching The Devil Wears Prada and love all the Chanel outfits that Ann Hathaway's character Andy wears! The Chanel necklaces were TDF!!!
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a Chanel jacket obsession.

I just got a gorgeous Chanel suit, black, with three quarter sleeves, lined in white satin. the buttons are black with black x''s in black stones. the skirt is slightly banded around the bottom and has a cummerbund waist. I love it.

As for bags, I only require they close at the top if they are my daily bag. I do not like bags that are wide open along the top, it just is a peeve of mine.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 5:31:28 PM
Author: diamondfan
I have a Chanel jacket obsession.

I just got a gorgeous Chanel suit, black, with three quarter sleeves, lined in white satin. the buttons are black with black x''s in black stones. the skirt is slightly banded around the bottom and has a cummerbund waist. I love it.

As for bags, I only require they close at the top if they are my daily bag. I do not like bags that are wide open along the top, it just is a peeve of mine.
I want a Chanel Jacket so bad!!!! I don''t have any bags yet!!!!
31.gif
But do love them!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, they are so great. With jeans, with dressier pants, with a skirt, they are so versatile. I have a few that I just love, and I enjoy them each time I wear them. They are like an Hermes bag to me, always in fashion no matter what.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Petit Shopping in black caviar. I like the size, the durability, the fact that it doesn''t have the Cs on it, and the fact that it is a timeless style that I can wear for many, many years. I am so hard on my handbags and want ones that I don''t have to worry about scratching, etc. I also found a really neat purse hook on ebay. You hang it off the edge of the table at a restaurant and hook your bag to it. No more worries about someone stealing your bag and you don''t have to worry about it sitting on the floor (yuck).

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bizou, I won''t even tell you what I heard about the bottoms of purses...YUCK is all I can say...

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I def. want a Chanel jacket some day bc I love the versatility. I esp. like the look of them to dress up jeans or with slacks.

I also prefer bags that can close at the top since I get paranoid if my bag is sitting somewhere wide open. I have totes that do that and I''ve realized that it just bugs me too much so I now stick with zipped up tops or flaps.

I used the Ultimate Soft for a full day for the first time today and i''m happy to report no scratches yet *fingerscrossed*. Oh and the sales associate recommended the Coach leather cleaner for it and says that it takes out tons of small marks. He took a bottle out and immediately started using it on the sample bag in front of me to show how it also conditions the bag really well. Apparently Chanel is going to come out with a cleaner at some point but in the meantime, they''ve found the Coach one works best for now.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would love a Chanel tweed jacket one day to wear with jeans. I used to have Chanel spectator flats and loafers and looked so cute with jeans and the classic flap.

BizouMom, I''m like you, I bought myself a cute purse hook on ebay and have used it twice already! People were giving me strange looks but I didn''t care....some people just don''t take care of their purses. I was in the ladies room in Nordstrom and someone in a stall had put their LV Cabas Piano on the floor in front of her! EEEUUUWWW!!!
32.gif
That''s what the hangers on the backs of the doors are for!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
hi guys....
rather new to the forum...well i lurk a lot, and i think this is my second post...
but i love chanel. i had a lot of chanel pieces, but most of them i have sold just because i thought i was grwoing out of it.
here are a few of my beloved chanel''s...

chanelbag.jpg

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
wow..that worked...i also have a chanel jacket that DH calls my snowboarding jacket.
haha..are you kidding me, a $1500 jacket for snowboarding. and my greatest chanel piece of all time..
my snowboard, which i can''t get pics of...it''s not at home right now.
hope you ladies enjoy..

chanel jacket1.jpg

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I don't own any Chanel bags yet! But I do love them! So soft and the quilted look is so pretty.
I also love Chanel shades and own 4 pairs. (Buying spree!) For bags, I'm more into LV or Fendi. But I have been eyeing the Chanel clutches.

Pics, please!
36.gif

ETA: I see the pics now! GORGEOUS!!! I love the "snowboarding jacket!!!!"
I love love love Chanel suits. The chain stitched into the lining makes it always lie flat and drape so perfectly. That tiny extra weight makes it hang so perfectly on the body. Always chic. Always timeless. Love love love Chanel clothing.

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
hey fellow Chanel lovers,

do you guys know if it is standard for the Chanel stores to charge different prices depending on the store location? I''m used to the prices being different in different countries (e.g. LV in Paris vs. NYC) but what about stores within the US?

I purchased mine in Hawaii and I realized that it is just a bit pricier than the stores in Houston. However, I wouldn''t have been able to buy mine in Houston since they were sold out everywhere but I asked the sales person and the quoted price was $100 or so lower.

DL

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2006 5:13:34 PM
Author: diamondlove
hey fellow Chanel lovers,

do you guys know if it is standard for the Chanel stores to charge different prices depending on the store location? I'm used to the prices being different in different countries (e.g. LV in Paris vs. NYC) but what about stores within the US?

I purchased mine in Hawaii and I realized that it is just a bit pricier than the stores in Houston. However, I wouldn't have been able to buy mine in Houston since they were sold out everywhere but I asked the sales person and the quoted price was $100 or so lower.

DL
HI:

Interesting, but I have no idea. However I have only purchased Chanel shoes from the one location where I live, so I have a rather poor frame of reference.

cheers--Sharon

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think there''s a slight price differential between NM and the Chanel boutiques, but I haven''t heard of it being more expensive from region to region.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I love Chanel but it is a bit dressy for my lifestyle right now being a stay at home mom. I would be afraid to get baby food on my beautiful stuff. I was in the Chanel bag section of NM yesterday and the bags were beautiful. Maybe someday. But I think the Bottega Veneta is going to be my next obsession.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got the jumbo classic in black caviar with silver chain, and I love it...sort of a nicer day bag but will not hold all my things, so it will be a bit more limited but classic nonetheless...

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondfan, congrats on your jumbo black classic! Do you like the Cambon series? They have some pretty durable totes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results