shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Brides with a Catholic Destination Wedding/elopement?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
hello all,
I''ve been lurking over the past few weeks and can finally join the ''brides in waiting''- got engaged last week and we''re discussing our options as far as the wedding.

Because of some family issues and other reasons, we are seriously considering a destination wedding with just the two of us (a combo wedding/honeymoon) with an informal gathering with friends/family sometime after we get back home.

So, I am Catholic and would prefer to be married in the church, which means a beach wedding is off (unless we do both) I''ve read some info so far and see that it is possible to get married in a Catholic church elsewhere as long as your priest provides proof you meet the requirements.....

but i''m wondering if anyone here as actually done that- I''m wondering how we could be at an all inclusive type resort and swing that- guess we''d have to make sure there was a Catholic church nearby.
also, i know it depends on the priest, but am curious as to whether a hometown priest would give us grief for wanting to get married in a Catholic church in Hawaii or Mexico.

Thanks in advance!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, a destination wedding in Italy!
30.gif

That sounds gorgeous. Imagine the honeymoon pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results