shape
carat
color
clarity

Any apps you''d recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I am new to the iphone revolution, and enjoying it very much--esspecially these "apps"...

Does anyone else use these? Have any you recommend?

TIA!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh good timing, I just sent my dad a list of my faves last weekend! I''ll copy-and-paste it over for you in a sec.

My friend works advertising for the iPhone, and his primary job is to test out EVERY application to decide which ones to include in the commercials. Makes for very frequent recommendations!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some of my favorites:

AllRecipes
AOL Radio
Clinometer
CubicMan
Dots Free
Bubble Town
Epocrates Rx
Fliq Tasks
Google Earth
MiniPiano
Flixster Movies
Pandora Radio
The Weather Channel
LIVESTRONG.COM Calorie Tracker
Units
5800+ Drink & Cocktail Recipes Free

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
hey Italia,

I just got an iphone and I found a cool application called Stanza which is an appplication you can use to download and read 1000''s of books for free, or you can purchase some of the newer ones also.

It''s so cool, it''s like having a Kindle, but not paying for one since you already have the phone.

I just purchased the first two twilight books onto it and I also download a bunch of free ones. I got Benjamin Button book and the Count of Monte Cristo for free. They are also giving away 14 free Harlequin Romance Books right now!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Allrecipes
Shovel (digg!)
Quickpedia
Bejeweled
Urbanspoon
Flixster
eBay
Shazam
Trace
Pinch ''n Pop

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 8:53:00 PM
Author: EricaR
Allrecipes
Shovel (digg!)
Quickpedia
Bejeweled
Urbanspoon
Flixster
eBay
Shazam
Trace
Pinch ''n Pop
Shazam is incredible (you hold your phone up to a speaker and it''ll find the name and artist of the song for you!)!!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the Yelp, Facebook, and LOLCats Apps - also mobile news, Wikipedia, and I''m still looking for really good Craigslist and eBay and shopping coupons ones.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Katamari, obviously. But I also love Rolando, Wurdle, ToDo, NPR Mobile, Pandora, and most of the ones mentioned so far. I generally download the majority of free apps, give them a chance, and then delete them if I don''t like them.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone...with the next few days off work, I''ll be playing with more and more!!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you want to some good free games, I highly recommend MazeFinger, FSS Hockey, and Cube Runner. Everest Expedition is a good inexpensive game, but way too addictive if you like hidden object games. Labryinth Lite is also kind of a fun free game. I''m sure there are some wonderful productivity tools as well, and I''m sure I''ll get around to using them if I can ever stop playing these games!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
My teenager loaded scores of apps on my phone but I have finally pared down to the ones I actually use! My faves are below:

Evernote: web/i-phone app that lets you keep notes, photos with captions, notes or info, etc. on your i-phone. I take pics of wine labels and store them there so I can remember next time I''m wine shopping. I also have some plain old text lists like my Freq Flyer numbers. I also keep websites I want to check out there.

G-Park: Take a pic or make a note when you park you car so that you don''t forget where it is (not that I have ever wandered the airport parking lot for an hour looking for my car)

QuickVoice: Voice recorder for recording notes to self or other info

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
The Weather Channel, Myspace, Facebook, Shazam, AroundMe, Mobile News, I Can Has Cheezburger, Bejeweled 2, Solitaire, Wordwarp, Monopoly, Trace, among others.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 11:07:10 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
LOVE the Yelp, Facebook, and LOLCats Apps - also mobile news, Wikipedia, and I''m still looking for really good Craigslist and eBay and shopping coupons ones.
I use a ton of iphone apps but i''m always looking for better ones as well.

AG, what do you mean by good craigslist and ebay apps? There''s an ebay app out now is that one not very good? Are you just using them to look for deals? Like what if there was an app that searched everything at once for good shopping deals?

I tried this one called iWant but its so basic. You can ask it to search local stores and it will tell you if a store says they carry it but that''s about it, no guarantees. I would think a really good personal shopper app would rule.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results