shape
carat
color
clarity

Antwerp is mourning

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Forgive me, but I need to vent. At this particular point in time, I am so full of anger and disbelief, it is hard to cope. This is what happened.

This morning, in our quiet little city, just about three blocks from my house, a crazy 18-year old extreme-right weirdo started a stupid quest. For some unknown reason, he shot a lady of Turkish decent, who was just sitting peacefully on a bank in a small park. She is still struggling for her life.

Then, he just walked on, passing a number of locals, without paying attention to them. Until, he came across an African woman and her child, and he shot them too. Both did not survive.

Then, the police was able to neutralize him.

These things should not happen. It is a damn shame. Why????

Imagine all the people ...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am very sorry to hear about this. you pose the question, "why?". there are many reasons and no reason. i''m sure more information will come out that will point to reasons...some of which may be political, economic, racial, abused childhood, etc. the long and the short of it, though, is why does one person react this way and another does not? you and your community will be in my thoughts. i hope there will be time for reflection and some learning will come about as a result of this tragedy.

movie zombie

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paul:

No forgiveness needed on my part. I feel your pain at the genearl situation.

Why are there weido''s in this world - why do they lash out the way they do?

I doubt anyone really knows the specifics.

From the big picture though...

I believe that there is a larger power out there who has a plan for the people of the earth. I know this entitiy as Yahweh - the god of the isrealites in the old testament - and the father of Jesus of the new testament (although I will admit that I do not see eye to eye with the interpretations of many of the modern christian religions).

I also belive that there is indeed an oposing power - one who sows and thrives on hate and discontent.

While there are many shades of grey between black and white - and many times the best way to approach a situation is not so clear - I do believe that there really is evil in this world.

I do not really know why this is so; but I too have seen similar things to what has upset you at this time. I too have cried about an inocent victum.

May god be with you.

Perry

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry, Paul. Please know that you can vent here! I have no answers, though. I mean, I could try to analyze xenophobia and racism, but the larger question as to why there are horrors in the world is far beyond my capabilities.

I will be thinking about you and your fellow citizens.

Deb
34.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a tragic, horrible thing. I am so sorry to hear this. If we knew the answer to ''why'' so many horrifically cruel and psychotic people did what they did, perhaps we''d be closer to stopping them. But there seem to be so many different (but equally irrational) answers to that question, NONE of which are ever satisfactory.

My heart goes out to everyone affected...and I hope that creep gets what he deserves.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 4:03:42 PM
Author: FireGoddess
What a tragic, horrible thing. I am so sorry to hear this. If we knew the answer to 'why' so many horrifically cruel and psychotic people did what they did, perhaps we'd be closer to stopping them. But there seem to be so many different (but equally irrational) answers to that question, NONE of which are ever satisfactory.

My heart goes out to everyone affected...and I hope that creep gets what he deserves.
That is for sure FG!!!!!!!!! I took a third year religious studies course in university entitled "God and Human Anguish" to try and reconcile within myself the need for answers to this and other similar questions. I came away from the course with more questions and no satisfactory answers.

Paul I am very sorry to hear about this tragedy! I too wish I could understand.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh Paul, that''s horrific! There''s so much hate in the world...I''ll be praying for the surviving woman and hope justice is done.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results