shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique veil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I am so excited - I have bought the most beautiful antique lace veil. It's 1900's, ivory colour, 76" square, made in cotton and in perfect condition.

I am horribly sentimental and can never throw/sell/give anything away and have been struggling with the idea of eventually parting with whichever wedding dress I end up with. However, all my research so far has only taught me that I have expensive tastes
8.gif
. I really don't want to spend huge sums on a dress I'll only wear for 6 hours, so... I'm thinking if I sell it later I won't really have spent that much money net.
31.gif

I think it doubtful that any of my future descendants will want to wear my wedding dress, but Great-Aunt Pandora's antique lace veil might well be another matter. So instead of some enormous meringue hanging round my house in a huge box for years, I'll just have a little box with this in:

Pandorasveil.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
A few more pictures:

pandorasveil1.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
THAT IS GORGEOUS.... you will look so lovely in that!

ETA: It's so difficult having expensive taste, isn't it?

*M*

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I wish I knew how to post more than one picture at a time...

pandorasveil2.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Here's a close up of the corners

Does anyone recognise this type of lacework? I'm wondering if it's Nottingham?

I am sooooo happy right now.

Am I the only person mad enough to now have to find a dress to go with the veil rather than vice-versa?
20.gif

pandorasveil3.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Pandora! Sorry, I don''t recognize the lace work but your veil is absolutely beautiful!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 5:54:14 PM
Author: poptart

ETA: It's so difficult having expensive taste, isn't it?

*M*
Don't! I so need to win the lottery! Might help if I entered I suppose
31.gif

FI thinks I have gone totally nuts - especially when he knew what I spent
39.gif
, but also seemed really touched that I'd bought something special for our wedding.

But, I spent 3 days of research on the Internet and am now Phd level in knowledge of costs of new repro and genuine antique veils - and I think I did pretty well.
28.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 6:05:49 PM
Author: Pandora II
Date: 3/11/2007 5:54:14 PM

Author: poptart

ETA: It''s so difficult having expensive taste, isn''t it?

*M*

Don''t! I so need to win the lottery! Might help if I entered I suppose
31.gif

FI thinks I have gone totally nuts - especially when he knew what I spent
39.gif
, but also seemed really touched that I''d bought something special for our wedding.

But, I spent 3 days of research on the Internet and am now Phd level in knowledge of costs of new repro and genuine antique veils - and I think I did pretty well.
28.gif
It''s ok, DH finds my expensive taste rather daunting sometimes as well. That''s why I try not to buy a lot of stuff, haha. We would be entirely broke. I looked up Nottingham lace, and it does look very similar to the lace work you have, so it might be that afterall. By the way, just tell your FI it''s an "investment"... that word works on DH. "Honey, it''s a great investment! Haha! It really is lovely, and I love lace!

*M*

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Final one, here''s the closest-up shot I have:

pandorasveil4.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Ha - the "investment" one is great,

Unfortunately FI feels I need to start realising some of my investments
38.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, it''s just beautiful. I love antique veils. I wore one for my wedding.

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
Ohhh -- I absolutely adore that. I used to dress up in my grandma''s veil and had planned on getting married in it, unfortunately she had a fire and it got scorched beyond repair. Thankfully it wasn''t a complete loss so my mom made it into a handkerchief so I still get to wear it on my special day

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results