shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique sapphire and diamond ring..with a story

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that friendliest price lingo, not something I have tried but definitely will in the future.

This is such a sweet ring, I swear there are so many treasures out there just waiting to be found.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like that friendliest price lingo, not something I have tried but definitely will in the future.

This is such a sweet ring, I swear there are so many treasures out there just waiting to be found.

Let me know how that particular mode of bargaining works for you. I would rather browse a pawn shop than a big box store any day of the week!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My favorite pawn shop has the jewelry right beside the guns so couples don't have to split up when they come in. <3

Happy belated anniversary Loretta!

Someone from that pawn shop is very smart! One time I had purchase some jewelry and went over to where my husband was trying to decide between two firearms. He looked at me and said, "How much did you spend on jewelry? Because that's how much I'm spending today." I told him to go ahead and buy whichever one he wanted because what I spend on jewelry is sooooo not important. I can't believe he tried to trick me into telling....as if!!!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This ring is so unique and so pretty! I love the story, too. I never find nice things in pawn shops, but I'm not giving up until I do. Your find is inspiration to me. As far as what the dates could mean, I'm thinking maybe they signify birthdays. Maybe it's a ring to commemorate the birth of April twins, ten years after a September baby??

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This ring is so unique and so pretty! I love the story, too. I never find nice things in pawn shops, but I'm not giving up until I do. Your find is inspiration to me. As far as what the dates could mean, I'm thinking maybe they signify birthdays. Maybe it's a ring to commemorate the birth of April twins, ten years after a September baby??

I like to believe that is the reason for the two dates. There could have been something between the two dates but the band is not wide so I don't see it. Actual mourning jewelry makes me sad, for the reason it was made. I was looking at the ring over the weekend and it looks as if it may be rose gold....compared to some of my other yellow gold jewelry, or it could be yellow, but it almost has a rosy tint.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking the ring was to celebrate a 10 year wedding anniversary. :D

I too am definitely going to ask for your "friendliest" price, thanks for the tip. =)

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

With pawn shops for me, it's always feast or famine. Out of sheer curiosity, yesterday I went into one in the small town where I work to take a look at a three carat solitaire they had posted on facebook. I asked to borrow their loupe....I wish I had thought to bring mine with me. They said it appraised for 15k but would take $7,500.00 for it. What a sad, sad diamond. The culet was off...I mean sheared off and I don't think it was on purpose. The cut and clarity were tragic and next to one of the prongs was a horrific chip along with a hairline crack...and this is why I don't mind using a loupe when I am thinking of something to buy. You either see the good or the bad....or the ugly for SURE.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking the ring was to celebrate a 10 year wedding anniversary. :D

I too am definitely going to ask for your "friendliest" price, thanks for the tip. =)

I like that theory. Let me know how asking that works for you. It has always been good for me in a pinch.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww what a wonderful story and how kind of you to make that effort. Lovely of you.

I agree that some things are meant to be. I completely believe my dh and I were meant to find each other. The odds were super slim and yet we did. And I feel that way about a few things. Not everything and I don't believe everything happens for a reason. No that I do not believe. Sometimes bad things happen with no reason. And sometimes good things happen for no reason too. But I do believe some things are meant to be.

Amazing story. Our genealogists would weep at it! What a nice thing to do.

Your ring is gorgeous, congratulations!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is the love letter. I took a picture of it before I sent me back to it's home. It's a short note but the husband tells his wife he is thinking of her and he signs it....are you ready....????

"Husband by possession'

Y'all........that's real love right there.

Attachments

• IMG_3138.JPG
    IMG_3138.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 49

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a COOL ring. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results