shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Cushion Cut

popeye11

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am in the market for a diamond in the $25-$30k range. So far I've found a few resources. Does anyone have a recommendation on a particular diamond that has caught their eye?

The inventory seems somewhat low or restricted somehow... (everyone has modern cuts, thus making some what of a price disparity)

The resources I have found so far are:
Victor Canera
Leon Mege
Jewels by Grace
Good Old Gold
Old World Diamonds
Love Affair Diamonds

From my searches, it looks like these are the ideal specifications, but you really need to take a look at each diamond.

Crown Height: >15% (closer to 20%)
Table: <55%
Depth: >60% (want a wide range between the table and depth)
Facets: Chunkier
Cutlet: Slightly large

Thanks for your help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Numbers are irrelevant with cushions, other than there are ideal cut cushions, and you just select them from inventory and still don't need to look at numbers. Well cut antique cushions are like needles in a haystack and can take months to find. If I had that budget, I would be going with GOG or VC. Good Old Gold has custom cut a few recently.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the specs you need? Carat weight, color, clarity, if you want people to help.

Call Adam at old world diamonds directly. He may know of something coming in that isnt on his website. And he can search his inventory better than you can. Jewels by Grace has posted a lot of cushions lately. They can specifically hunt for you. That's what vendors need to do if an antique cushion is specifically what you want.

popeye11

Rough_Rock
General guidelines:
Size: 2.5ct to 3.0ct
Color: G/H or better
Clarity: Vs2 or better

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
popeye11|1470934176|4064798 said:
General guidelines:
Size: 2.5ct to 3.0ct
Color: G/H or better
Clarity: Vs2 or better

Ok, so the likelihood of finding a 2.5-3 carat G/H antique cushion for under $25k that is a good performer is slim to none. None if you are trying the search on your own. Trust me. Call the vendors and ask them specifically to conduct a search for you. You will need to work with them personally cause only they can tell by looking at it in person if it is a good performer. You may think it's simple be cause you see so many here on PS, but these are very hard to come by esp in these higher colors and good performers. Many PSers have been on he hunt for months, even years for their holy grail. Good luck.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dollyanjuli|1470939795|4064841 said:
would you be open to looking at something lower in color since you want an antique/ antique style? Grace just posted the most amazing antique cushion, 3.24CT but its a K...from her pics and video it looks unbelievably bright but it won't look like an H...

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/new-additions/3-24ct-antique-cushion-cut-diamond-gia-k-vvs2#.V6zCuEvQdn0
I was going to post this one until I saw the colour requirement. It's such a gorgeous stone :love: and I'm not usually a cushion fan but this one is just making me reconsider that

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
foxinsox|1470986429|4065073 said:
dollyanjuli|1470939795|4064841 said:
would you be open to looking at something lower in color since you want an antique/ antique style? Grace just posted the most amazing antique cushion, 3.24CT but its a K...from her pics and video it looks unbelievably bright but it won't look like an H...

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/new-additions/3-24ct-antique-cushion-cut-diamond-gia-k-vvs2#.V6zCuEvQdn0
I was going to post this one until I saw the colour requirement. It's such a gorgeous stone :love: and I'm not usually a cushion fan but this one is just making me reconsider that
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

popeye11

Rough_Rock
Victor Canera doesn't appear to be taking on new clients that do not buy a diamond for him... (or might be having a bad day)

Do you guys think Steven Kirsch is the next best alternative?

Thanks!

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
popeye11 have you already found a stone? Steven Kirsch is also a great ring designer to consider, but if you were considering Victor for the setting even more reason to consider sourcing the stone from him as well. As someone that just compared a Canera European Round to an Old European Round in person......you won't be disappointed in the Victor quality (symmetry and light return).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
IDJ has a hand forged bench. It might be worth a call and a conversation with Yekutiel.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results