shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique and Vintage collection thread- elizat

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Same! I've learned I have a soft spot for imperfect stones or pieces. Maybe it's that they have more character or story to them or something. But nice to hear someone else say something similar :)

I agree. Fully with you. I have bought flawed things for the overall look because you won't find it again. I'm going to post one today actually.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Another ring here. This is one that is the sum of its parts. The center has a fisheye in certain lighting. But the whole thing together- pretty special. My goal is to send this off for a new center eventually to Sako, if he thinks he can do it without disturbing the design. If not, as it is, it's still very wearable and quite comfortable. It's one of the few rings I have that I would wear on my right hand. It's light and airy.

Very deco. Calibre sapphires, single cuts, filigree webbing, decorative gallery and sides, millgrain, the works, in platinum with a tri- wire band.

Imperfect center, for sure, but the whole thing still works. Even if she doesn't get a makeover, I'm happy with her.

PXL_20210220_220024512.jpg PXL_20210220_220441589.jpg PXL_20210220_220448550.jpg PXL_20210220_220037676.jpg PXL_20210220_220211816.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I swear it gets better with each post. That diamond sapphire ring is amazing, great finger coverage too.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another ring here. This is one that is the sum of its parts. The center has a fisheye in certain lighting. But the whole thing together- pretty special. My goal is to send this off for a new center eventually to Sako, if he thinks he can do it without disturbing the design. If not, as it is, it's still very wearable and quite comfortable. It's one of the few rings I have that I would wear on my right hand. It's light and airy.

Very deco. Calibre sapphires, single cuts, filigree webbing, decorative gallery and sides, millgrain, the works, in platinum with a tri- wire band.

Imperfect center, for sure, but the whole thing still works. Even if she doesn't get a makeover, I'm happy with her.

PXL_20210220_220024512.jpg PXL_20210220_220441589.jpg PXL_20210220_220448550.jpg PXL_20210220_220037676.jpg PXL_20210220_220211816.jpg

Love the design, it’s like lace. So intricate but it it looks so comfortable. What a lovely ring!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I swear it gets better with each post. That diamond sapphire ring is amazing, great finger coverage too.

No pressure or anything to keep it good! :lol: I do wish the center was a little better. But, I fell for the whole thing as the sum of its parts. It's not something I was going to find again- I have never seen anything else similar to it either.

Love the design, it’s like lace. So intricate but it it looks so comfortable. What a lovely ring!

It is, very lace like- or sometimes I see a spider web! Or even a ship's wheel with the sapphires. Whatever it is, I think it's pretty and unique! It sits almost flat on the finger with a curve to hug it, and with it being so light, it's really comfortable.

collier

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely collection you have. I can't wait to see more.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@elizat Not asking specifics, just generally—where do you find these beauties?! I have zero occasion to wear anything other than my simple rings, but oh!, I do adore looking at them. So this thread is a happy place to come to. Many thanks for sharing!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@collier Thanks! It makes me actually wear some of these again too, which is nice!

@SparklieBug it's a mix, really. I prefer to buy at shows in person, so I can see and handle items, and check them over. I usually go twice per year to NYC to do that. I visit my brother at the same time. But, covid.

We have some shows in the state where I live too, but I like the NYC show and it gives me a chance to get away. The Miami show is giant and in March, which I could drive to if I wanted. But, it's soo large and I really dislike Miami as a city (nobody shoot).

Other than that, I do a mix of Etsy, Instagram sellers and Ruby Lane, mostly. I don't like ebay much. It's too chaotic and while you can find good stuff, it's sometimes more work than I want. Sometimes I also ask vendors I work with in the past to keep an eye out for me for whatever item. I am trying to limit buying this year to finish out projects I have in the works that are remaking pieces into conversions to make more wearable (an Edwardian necklace with a floral drop is being turned into dangle earrings and a ring for example, because I don't wear a lot of necklaces), because after that, I have decided I'd like an OEC of 10.5 mm plus ideally.

I wear this stuff as my daily stuff. I wish I really liked a sleek solitaire or studs, etc., because it would be cheaper and easier! Whenever I got bored, I could upgrade and use a credit for the trade in!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elizat, both rings are absolutely gorgeous :kiss2: full of old world charm and intricate details...very, very special!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@elizat How fun to attend shows! I’ve been to several in our area but they are few and far between in the past few years. The good part about that is that there’s a lot less temptation! LOL!

I also used to love to visit antique stores that carried jewelry, when I lived where that was an option.

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
I’m settling in to this wonderful thread too!
Schooch over please folks....ahhh, that’s better.
@elizat can you share with us what you look for to ensure it’s not a reproduction filigree piece?
I have looked at a lot and sometimes a certain style seems to have iterations so I worry it’s a reproduction.
Is there any way to tell? Maybe by looking underneath??
I’m still learning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results