shape
carat
color
clarity

AntiguaBride''s wedding next Monday, but leaving this Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Greetings Ladies!

Just wanted to say a final (ok, well, temporary actually) farewell before we leave early on Thursday morning to head to Antigua!

Everything is mostly in order; today was my "practice hair" day (my mom, who is coming to the DW is also conveniently enough a hairstylist!) and tonight is my bachelorette party- I'll have the best hair at the party for the first time in my life, I'm pretty sure. Still trying to decide what to wear; it's non-traditional in that it's being held at a wine bar/bistro rather than tequila shots and "bride" shirts; it's also co-ed in that we've invited the entire med school class (FINALS ARE OVER!)

To-do's include picking up shoes (mom has them), getting dress hemmed (in progress), getting my wedding-gift-from-mom ring back from resizing, finishing packing, deciding on a final hairstyle (the one we tried today was um, not the ideal look), writing our vows, and finding a picture of the flowers I want to tear out of the magazine so I can show the wedding coordinator @ the resort. Oh yeah, and plan makeup.

Latest conquests include getting my veil in the mail (bellabridalveils on eBay- shipping isn't the fastest but you CANNOT beat the prices; quality is what you'd expect but it's not terrible and for something I'll wear for such a short time I refuse to pay so much! I got a 72 inch wide 30 x 90 pencil edged ivory chapel length 2 tier detachable veil w/ scattered pearls for $39 including shipping.) Also, FI's ring had to be resized (post-engraving we realized either it had grown or he had shrunk a whole finger size) and then REDONE 3x because the place that did it (supposedly a very uppity high class store) left marks and nicks all over it. I eventually just made them re-rhodium and totally refinish the whole thing, brushstrokes and all. They were not happy but I am (now.) I also met with wedding reception planner lady this morning and the reception is mostly under control. Mostly! (It is 2 weeks after the wedding here in the states).

So anyway, most big things are under control if not yet finished; still need to go get some white "eveningwear" (ahem) for the honeymoon but that's easy; going to get candles in little tins for our room as well.

I did well on my med school finals, I'm leaving in 2.5 days to marry the man I love on a beautiful island at a wonderful resort, I *love* my new wedding dress/veil combination, and I have a hairdresser I trust coming with me! Does life really get much better than this? Time to go get ready to have a last toast to my singlehood!

I'll check this thread until Wednesday night and then I'm off to change my name!
36.gif
This is so much fun!

ETA: Oh and I learned to draw blood today and stuck my first person ever- the phlebotomy clinic coordinators were SO nice that when they heard I bruised very easily and was getting married in a week they actually let the person I stuck (who was supposed to stick me back) stick them instead so I wouldn't have a big mark in my pictures! I was so thankful to the girl who agreed to be my surrogate stickee!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats and have a wonderful day!! Best wishes!
9.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Antigua!
I am so excited for you! What a thrilling time. Can you at least post pictures of your hairstyle to keep us content while we wait for your wedding photos?
I hope everything is perfect for you!
Have fun tonight!!!!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Yay - I am so excited for you, and its so wonderful you sound so happy!! I can''t wait to see pics and hear all about it!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
10.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
We''ll be thinking of you on your special day! Safe travels!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Yay, Antigua! It sounds like everything is going fabulously for you! I''m glad to hear all of the wedding plans are in order. Congrats on acing your finals & have a fabulous time at your wedding! I can''t wait to hear all about it & see the pictures. I must admit I''m a bit jealous you''re just starting off on your DW adventure--it''s such a special time. Enjoy every minute!
36.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Antigua! reading about everthing you''ve done and everything you''re doing -- i''m getting so excited for you. everything seems to really be falling into place and now that your exams are a thing of the past, you can really bask in your wedding day! Great luck!

and definately if you have a spare moment show us the hair!

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Hope everything goes smoothly and the weather is perfect! I am sooo jealous. I want to go too!
2.gif
11.gif
Mandatory pics when you get back!
face23.gif

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for your encouragement, everyone! Attached is the only actual picture I have of my practice ''do- I didn''t even think to take pics but this is a bachelorette party shot. It''s a little too "miss manners" in the front for me, we''re going to actually do an entirely different style for the wedding, with a more separate "bun" of curls in the back rather than the all-one-piece look.

Packing is exhilarating but also stressful; what if I forget something big, like my veil!?

croppedhair.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just don''t forget your marriage license, which is what I did.
20.gif
The officiant wouldn''t just do the ceremony, I had to go back and get it, which delayed everything an hour.
38.gif
Of course, later several people told me they did the same thing but their officiant just did the ceremony and signed the next day. You''d think an interfaith minister off the internet would have been amenable to that.
20.gif
Anyway, don''t forget that!!!

Have a wonderful time and a beautiful wedding!!!!!
36.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to hear how everything goes and see lots of wedding pics!
36.gif

ETA just had to mention this is my 1000 post.
5.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats again! I hope you have a wonderful time in Antigua and a fabulous wedding!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results