shape
carat
color
clarity

Anti-Assault Ring

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I'm wondering how many PS members carry pepper spray or other defense items. What do you consider are good ideas for personal safety? (Having keys ready before exiting car,etc.)

Would you consider wearing this? A different kind of jewelry....

This Anti-Assault Ring Is Perfect For Women Who Jog Alone

http://www.boredpanda.com/self-defense-ring-go-guarded/?_t=1&_f=featured

If you’re a woman who likes to jog but you don’t always feel as safe as you’d like to, this clever little anti-assault ring might be just the thing you’re looking for. It’s called Go Guarded and it’s a plastic weapon with a serrated edge that can be worn on any finger. It can’t be easily knocked out of your hand like other anti-assault devices such as mace, pepper spray, and rape alarms, and it might just give you a fighting chance should you find yourself in a dangerous situation.

image_4463.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a huge proponent of self defense classes, especially Krav Maga (the real deal) The other part of that is to always be aware of your surroundings. too many people, men and women, tune out, get into their phones or other devices and do not think much of who may be around them.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not consider this a good defense item. Pepper spray is much better and can be used further away and it is made in small sizes to be carried when jogging. If you are close enough to an assailant to use this then your fingernails, rings, feet, teeth, whatever, will be just as effective. Better yet take a course in self defense tailored toward women. I carry and have pepper spray plus a knife on my keychain, in my car and my purse. I have been in a situation where I wish I had my pepper spray for an aggressive loose dog.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's not going to incapacitate an attacker.
The minor injury is just going to piss him off, putting you at much greater risk of much greater harm.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with kenny. Go for the eyes and balls (assuming it is a male assailant) if he has ahold of you. Run and scream if he doesn't.

Never EVER get into a car willingly. Fight.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1476125969|4085381 said:
I would not consider this a good defense item. Pepper spray is much better and can be used further away and it is made in small sizes to be carried when jogging. If you are close enough to an assailant to use this then your fingernails, rings, feet, teeth, whatever, will be just as effective. Better yet take a course in self defense tailored toward women. I carry and have pepper spray plus a knife on my keychain, in my car and my purse. I have been in a situation where I wish I had my pepper spray for an aggressive loose dog.

BTW, I carry a Sabre Red pepper gel that doesn't have the blow back that the regular stuff does. Blow back is NOT the business.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1476130321|4085407 said:
redwood66|1476125969|4085381 said:

BTW, I carry a Sabre Red pepper gel that doesn't have the blow back that the regular stuff does. Blow back is NOT the business.

I will have to check that out! Thanks!

:lol: I have had the pleasure of CN, CS, and had to rub OC under my eyes. None of that is pleasant for sure.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the feedback. :clap: Would our local police have self defense classes? What kind of pepper spray is best to fit in your purse or pocket? Also, where do you find a knife for a keychain that is sturdy? I will soon be leaving work at night by myself so just trying to be proactive. :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought two cans of heavy duty pepper spray that are legal in my state and not legal in some others when my daughter was dog walking and was accosted (while with a small dog) by a sleazy man. I have not unwrapped the packaging on the cans and I have had them for at least a year. I am afraid I will not be able to handle the pepper spray properly. I am not afraid at all of trouble if I or my daughter am with Griffin. It is only if she were ever to be somewhere alone again.

AGBF

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RockinRuby, I'm at level 4 in Krav Maga. When I was attacked, I was a level 2. One of the first things you learn is situational awareness. Some of y'all will probably say something but, because I ccw that kept me from being hand to hand. I won't go into the details because I don't want to trigger anyone, I will just say I was scared as hell, but prepared to do what I needed to do.

For Krav Maga I didn't take a specific women's only class, though they do have them. If you go that route, your best bet is to find an affiliate Krav Maga worldwide center. There's only1 down here close to me that are affiliated with the official worldwide center along with a world wide center (but its an hours drive each way!) I got a feeling I have to redo level 4 as I'm a little rusty after the move and all. But its very intense class and workout...and they don't take it easy on you because you happen to be female.

IMO training makes the difference.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The problem with self defense classes is that you do it once, then will most likely forget all that training. It will not come naturally nor instinctively unless you practice everyday with a target until it becomes automatic or you can do it without thinking or panicking. Situational awareness is the first step which helps a person avoid a potential assault completely.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1476145197|4085467 said:
Thank you for the feedback. :clap: Would our local police have self defense classes? What kind of pepper spray is best to fit in your purse or pocket? Also, where do you find a knife for a keychain that is sturdy? I will soon be leaving work at night by myself so just trying to be proactive. :wavey:

I have this on my keys but mine has an led light also. Mine may be discontinued.

http://www.buckknives.com/product/metro-knife/0759FAM01/

Training classes are usually given by businesses as the police don't have liability insurance that would cover training for the citizenry. My local shooting range takes training very seriously and has many courses that do not require guns. They even have a cane class for disabled and elderly. And one especially for women. Training and practice are so important. As Chrono and Arcadian said situational awareness and keeping yourself from being in a dangerous situation in the first place is of utmost importance. Look in and under your car before you get in. Park under lights. Always be aware of who and what is around you.

I will add that you must listen to that little voice that is telling you something doesn't feel right. If your hair stands up on the back of your neck pay attention to it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results