shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Toi et Moi ring, please help!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I have been trying to come up with stones for this ring. I think I finally have, now I need setting ideas. The round stone is approximately 1 carat. It is a sapphire with light peach and brown undertones. The heart is a diamond, L with light brown undertones. Both stones are photographing quite a bit darker than they really are.
This will be a right hand ring. I want it to be comfortable and I don’t like my bands to be under 2mm. Ideally not under 2.5mm.
Any ideas? Thanks for helping me E160FCC7-1E02-4D09-AA17-B25DE0CB0812.jpeg 70149ECC-F20C-4197-B42B-61F5DFE45F77.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh! Lovely stones - I like your idea!

How about set like @Elysian gorgeous one - looks comfortable and easy to wear! It could carry a wider shank, easily, IMO
F4701933-00E6-4A61-A153-B0392962340C.jpeg

I’m curious though- how does the diamond and zircon play together in direct lighting? Maybe a picture to entertain my soul? :)
1143EAA7-30A7-4D3F-A2F4-7C00101C26DD.png

Last edited:

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh! Lovely stones - I like your idea!

How about set like @Elysian gorgeous one - looks comfortable and easy to wear! It could carry a wider shank, easily, IMO
F4701933-00E6-4A61-A153-B0392962340C.jpeg

I’m curious though- how does the diamond and zircon play together in direct lighting? Maybe a picture to entertain my soul? :)
1143EAA7-30A7-4D3F-A2F4-7C00101C26DD.png

Thank you @Rfisher
I Love at @Elysian ring!!! Love!!! So gorgeous
In a perfect world I perhaps would have done a different shaped sapphire, but I so love the color!
I’m prepping for a lovely colonoscopy- joy! I will take picture side by side as soon as I am able ;-)
I didn’t know if I should have the heart on it’s side more, if that would flow better. Have them on one ring or a bypass? Any thoughts!
You should design rings! You certainly have the skills!!! Thank you!!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Rfisher
I Love at @Elysian ring!!! Love!!! So gorgeous
In a perfect world I perhaps would have done a different shaped sapphire, but I so love the color!
I’m prepping for a lovely colonoscopy- joy! I will take picture side by side as soon as I am able ;-)
I didn’t know if I should have the heart on it’s side more, if that would flow better. Have them on one ring or a bypass? Any thoughts!
You should design rings! You certainly have the skills!!! Thank you!!!

Fingers crossed and good vibes to you for an uneventful procedure!
I vote definitely a bypass- or at least a swoop of the shank at each side. And agree the tilt degree of the heart will be important on how the whole ring flows.
9E152036-A876-4AD3-BF45-2131CE318089.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote definitely a bypass- or at least a swoop of the shank at each side. And agree the tilt degree of the heart will be important on how the whole ring flows.

The first one for me if they were mine!

DK :))

Hope everything is alright with you @peppermintpatty and the procedure goes well! This is really cool @Rfisher im so impressed with how you can manipulate the images digitally, it looks like you have the stones in front of you! For me, the first one looks best as well :D

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@Rfisher I am serious! You have skills! A great eye! You need to design jewelry!!! Thank you!!!!!

@AllAboardTheBlingTrain I have had digestive issues pretty much my entire life. So a colonoscopy and endoscopy so they can try to figure out what is going on. Brand new GI doctor who I hope will help me with fresh eyes- thank you!

I am adding a couple of pictures side by side. These don’t look as dark. We will see what you all think then!
Thank you again Rfisher, I haven’t decided yet which one is my favorite. I need to ponder and look at them more. Thank you, it helps so much and is so kind of you to take all that time. I appreciate it C86E96DD-ED5C-4618-97DF-358FDE53AFA2.jpeg

Attachments

• 7B3237F9-5250-434F-BEA9-296FF0A268AC.jpeg
    7B3237F9-5250-434F-BEA9-296FF0A268AC.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 02C10027-6A3A-4E19-A9DB-AC78E3AD6815.jpeg
    02C10027-6A3A-4E19-A9DB-AC78E3AD6815.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 26

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are very welcome @peppermintpatty
No formal anything for me. I wouldn’t be able to deal with customers that are...um, well - like me! :)
These are most likely not to scale to your finger - and they are just food for thought. I see no issues at all with beefing up the shank wider - I think it will look very pretty.
82536A38-88AF-4AA6-97A3-2D2880374B17.jpeg
563C3E15-5FE7-4933-9489-0C6E73B7A499.png
The swoop on the design that’s not on a hand, the swoop can be made more visible, or less visible face up by tucking it under, to suit your taste

Thank you @AllAboardTheBlingTrain
It’s fun to do - I’m glad you enjoy it. If you zoom in you can see all the cut and paste lines!!!!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo @Rfisher I love the first one! I told you, you have skills!!!!
I told you before, you would be the perfect customer!!! You know what you like and even how to design it! I'm sure all designers love and adore you!!!!
Thank you so much for doing that for me!!! I love the first one! I'm going to do that!!! You made it so easy- thank you!!!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow @Rfisher you have beautiful taste and an excellent eye! I love what you did. @peppermintpatty i love your heart and sapphire combo idea, can't wait to see the final product. i especially love the two different cuts!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@Sprinkles&Stones i think Rfisher is pretty amazing too!
I’m really excited to see it now too! With Rfisher help it will be a fun project and stress free! Thank you again Rfisher!
I generally like 2 different shaped stones too. Thank you for saying such nice things. It always feels good if someone likes your ideas/taste

I am thinking rose gold for both stones on a platinum band. Any thoughts on that idea anyone?

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously @Rfisher you are a wizard!
@peppermintpatty I empathize with you on GI issues and hope this new GI can give you some answers!!
Stephanie Gottlieb has a whole highlight saved on her IG of 2-stone rings that might give some inspiration for placement, but I feel like Rfisher's already done that here :love:

@mjea she is the best! That helps me so much to be able to see the stones together and the rings Rfisher did! It was immediately when I saw the first ring. That’s what I want!! No stress!!! Thank you Rfisher!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not sure why, but I never did move forward with getting these stones set. I love the different shapes, but the colors were so close. I’m not sure if I love that which probably means I don’t...
I just picked up this cushion Mahenge pink garnet. I like the different shapes and I like the little kiss of pink with the heart. Might be too cutesy for some, but I think this is going to be sent off to DK. Any thoughts? Thank you! It as always photographs darker than it is in person. 0FB4676C-3582-4C85-B10A-D764BDA449BB.jpeg

Attachments

• 84AE6C13-5CE2-4052-8DD6-ED21840E58CB.jpeg
    84AE6C13-5CE2-4052-8DD6-ED21840E58CB.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 28

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh! I didn’t dislike the original combo - but I am liking the new matchup!
234E2271-CE89-4C28-82C9-3220B4DEB78E.jpeg

And really, who can’t use a little more ‘cute’ in their lives once in a while these days?

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh! I didn’t dislike the original combo - but I am liking the new matchup!
234E2271-CE89-4C28-82C9-3220B4DEB78E.jpeg

And really, who can’t use a little more ‘cute’ in their lives once in a while these days?

As always you can make the stones look even better- thank you! I do like this combo better too. @Rfisher what do you think of the heart on the top- left side and the garnet going east/west? I'm not fond of the rings that have an opening between the two stones. I like them to be on one ring, together. Just my personal taste. DK did one not too long ago. I think it was a round on the top and an asscher cut champagne diamond below. I liked the flow of it.I still think I'd like a wider band. I was hoping you would respond :) Thank you!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Draw me a quick little sketch of the orientation so I can understand what you mean clearer (fuzzy brain this am), and I’d be happy to do a mock-up :)

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I just looked again at your latest version. If they were on one ring and the cushion was closer to the heart - I would really like that!!!! Thank you so much for doing this for me! I can’t tell you how much it helps!!!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@Lookinagain I showed Rfisher your picture from DK’s Instagram. Thank you for not being mad! It was my doing and I should have asked you first. My apologies!
Thank you so much for posting the picture with the wider shank! I always seem to like wide :) I will have to ask David if my stones being 1 carat each are too small.
Thank you again for your generosity and for sharing the picture!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain I showed Rfisher your picture from DK’s Instagram. Thank you for not being mad! It was my doing and I should have asked you first. My apologies!
Thank you so much for posting the picture with the wider shank! I always seem to like wide :) I will have to ask David if my stones being 1 carat each are too small.
Thank you again for your generosity and for sharing the picture!

Of course I wouldn't mind since it's not not really my design, as the photo I posted shows. And I never feel that someone would have to ask permission anyway. Your stones are not too small at all. My Asscher is about 1 ct. but they are deep stones so it's about 5.38 mm which is about the size of the round, which is .60 ct. So your stones are larger. I actually prefer the wider shank but I wasn't sure if it would work with the size of my stones, but seeing my ring, it would have. So don't worry about that. I really like the orientation of the stones in what Rfisher made for you. I think it will look great. I may have missed it but did you say you are using white metal for the setting or something else?

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I don't feel that way either, but I should ask incase the particular piece I like is owned by someone who does! Thanks for saying your diamonds sizes. I think my cushion is deeper too. I will go wider then knowing it would have worked for your ring. I adore your ring!!! I love that you did rose golf for the Asscher and the heart is a light brown. I don't know if I should do white gold or yellow gold or the rest of the ring? Probably white like yours.I don't know maybe the whole ring should be rose gold??? Rfisher is amazing!!! That helps me so much and she is always so gracious with helping me. I appreciate her so much! I don't know if you said or not, but what is the mm of your shank?
Thanks again!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course I wouldn't mind since it's not not really my design, as the photo I posted shows. And I never feel that someone would have to ask permission anyway.
It’s more that I am chopping up a photo of your ring. Eek. You never know.

thank you for being cool withit. I know PeppermintPatty/I meant no harm.
:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results