shape
carat
color
clarity

Another setting question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glocko

Rough_Rock
I bought this setting a few days ago at 30% off for $476:

http://www.ashford.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1030860&cp=975662.1062279.1062336&parentPage=family

1) Today it is on sale for 40% off. :(( Anyone think they will credit me the difference? In their terms, they say the offer does not apply on past purchases.. I emailed them to see.

2) I took it in to a local jeweler today because it had little fine scratches on it and I wanted to know if I should return it.. he said they were normal even for a new platinum setting, but they would be polished out when it was set. THEN he said he could make me the EXACT same setting for $220! I was skeptical, but then he started showing me some other settings he had made, much fancier than this one which would have been based on the same price scale. They all looked very nice.

He promised me it would be the same quality, width, etc. and no less than 90% platinum. He also cautioned me to stay away from online sites like ashford because they charge way too much (ironically, they were the cheapest of even the pricescope retailers for this style of setting)

Is this for real or should I stay away? Any professional jewelers out there know what the "bottom line" is on a setting like this? Does 220 sound incredibly low to anyone else?

Thank you to ANYONE who replies (my last post got 0 responses. :(( )

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results