shape
carat
color
clarity

Another reset regret

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My first EG was the saw tooth setting with side stones.

My second was taking my center 1.10 stone and putting it on a halo setting.

My third was combing the above together but instead of sticking the halo on top like they stated, they cut the halo and that is when my side stones got moved. My sides stones do not align correctly. I gave it back to the jeweler and they still don't align evenly. They told me that this was the best they can do! So, every time I look at it, I am disappointed.

Should I find a new setting for my center stone or try to have a setting that can still utilize the stones. Oh, I also need a band since my original band matched the EG ring and no longer want that look. I know it is outdated but it is almost 20 years old.

img_11134.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about making the center diamond a solitaire and using the side stones to make a channel or prong set band?

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Would the stone look bigger if I did a different halo? Thinking of a square halo that is a little rounded on the corners.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1458484675|4008326 said:
How about making the center diamond a solitaire and using the side stones to make a channel or prong set band?

I was going to say the same thing as MissGotRocks.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes! That is the image I had in my mind for the center stone! Should I consider side stones? I would love a thin matching band, too. Maybe rake my extra stones for a right hand ring or sell them?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1458504606|4008468 said:
MissGotRocks|1458484675|4008326 said:

I was going to say the same thing as MissGotRocks.
Ditto!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have been staking the Emilya ring by VC for the last few hours and I'm in love! I think I want the pave side stones too. I also want to compare the price of the single versus double halo.

Should I see about creating a right hand band for my extra stones?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure you can see about a RHR with the other stones but I would take one step at a time. Contact Victor Canera about making your ring and getting a quote. You can go from there - he will also make a matching band for the Emilya if you like that style as well.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I contacted SK and he is willing to look at all my stones and see what we can use in addition to the center stone. Since I am close to the city, I am going to go to SK tomorrow. I hope I fall in love with a ring. I told DH I would and this would be my forever ring. He chuckled and said at least for 20 years.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is very exciting! Good luck with SK tomorrow and let us know how it goes. I'm sure the two of you will come up with something wonderful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with MGR, but I would encourage you to just let go of the idea of using the old stones for now. Let Steven make the ring with his high quality melee. You are likely going to continue to be disappointed if you try to use old stones that aren't really right for a new setting.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1458787341|4010187 said:
I agree with MGR, but I would encourage you to just let go of the idea of using the old stones for now. Let Steven make the ring with his high quality melee. You are likely going to continue to be disappointed if you try to use old stones that aren't really right for a new setting.
I totally agree.

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
My very first ring, I changed the settings about 4-5 times (I am looking through the posts to try to find exactly). I finally learned it was the diamond that I was unhappy with, not the actual setting. I am not saying this is the same, but it is something to at least think about, what is the real issue you have- what did you like about each setting, what styles do you see often and gravitate towards?

I will never forget some of the mean comments I got about switching the settings too, from PS as well, but I honestly worked hard to find the ring I was happy with (or general style). One thing that helped me was testing styles by using a CZ ring. And trying on LOTS of options...lots...

Hope this helps. FYI I do love your center stone, and I like the ideas people state about a solitaire with using the stones for a band. This though is my favourite for round brilliants. And may not be yours :) GOOD LUCK and I cannot wait to see :)

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes, you are correct using his stones would be best.

He did state we can use my center. But, my center is not perfectly symmetrical but he said it would not be that visible since it will be in a halo. I am content with my center but would love a 2 carat. I always felt that my center was nice but never had felt that it had the WOW factor. So, he will be sending me some center stones to look at that have some inclusions and a little warmer.

He showed me a 3 carat that was very warm and said it was very reasonably priced because of the inclusions and color but with the beauty of his setting, it looked dropped dead gorgeous. I wish I took a pic.

I took a pic of the ring I love but would not want the band to sit flush.

img_11198.jpg

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
Staceyjan said:
Yes, you are correct using his stones would be best.

He did state we can use my center. But, my center is not perfectly symmetrical but he said it would not be that visible since it will be in a halo. I am content with my center but would love a 2 carat. I always felt that my center was nice but never had felt that it had the WOW factor. So, he will be sending me some center stones to look at that have some inclusions and a little warmer.

He showed me a 3 carat that was very warm and said it was very reasonably priced because of the inclusions and color but with the beauty of his setting, it looked dropped dead gorgeous. I wish I took a pic.

I took a pic of the ring I love but would not want the band to sit flush.

When you say you don't want the ring to sit flush, do you mean close to your finger or close to the band? Also, your nail polish color is gorgeous! If you can, would you be able to share the color? Thanks!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sorry, meant that I would want the bands to be closer together.

I just started doing my nails myself to give them a break from gels. I will look when I get home but it is a color from Opi's Nicole line.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The nail polish is called bikini so tiny.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll just have a tiny gap where the doughnut is. The rings will be closer than that picture. With thin bands, I actually prefer the little gap so that the rings are seen as two separate rings and not just one wider one. I love the cushion halo on a round! It's very exciting that you might upgrade your diamond for the new ring!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How exciting! :appl:

This is another case of #pricescopeproblems

Step 1: I want to reset my stone
Step 2: ok, maybe I want a better stone
step 3: now I want a BIGGER stone!
step 4: I'm going to need some new bands to go with this.

and downnnnnnnn the gloriously sparkly rabbit hole :D

I'm jealous. I wish I could just pop into visit SK!!!

Q

Queenie60

Staceyjan - any updates on your reset? Hope it goes well.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
leukolenos|1461336240|4022429 said:

#accurate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
leukolenos|1461336240|4022429 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG. Seriously true.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results