shape
carat
color
clarity

Another PayPal scheme

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
FYI, another PayPal scheme where you get a message from "PayPal" saying that funds have been transferred. If you did not authorize this transaction, click on this.

It''s listed from "[email protected]"

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Just DELETE this mail and BLOCK the sender.

I consider myself to be savvy and it got me! DH used to use paypal but I convinced him a while back to stop so when I got the mail I thought his account had finally been hacked into and replied that we didn't have an account.

BIG mistake, I started the next day to get at least 5 mails of disreputable content and up to 20 a day. New addresses each time as I delete and block all the mails I get. I am now down to about 3-5 a week.

They are the bain of my life as I am on dial up and they take an age to download.

DELETE and BLOCK these pranksters AGH!

I wish boils, stubbed toes, grass that never grows and bad haircuts on the originators of these mails. BAH!

29.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing it with us.So sorry it happened to you..

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 7:17:05 PM
Author: Steel

I wish boils, stubbed toes, grass that never grows and bad haircuts on the originators of these mails. BAH!

29.gif
You are a lot nicer than me... I wish harsher things... LOL

Seriously they waste so many peoples time... I HATE checking my personal email because of SPAM
14.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Just an fyi, any official email from PayPal will address you by your first and last name so if you see something like "dear member" just report and/or delete it.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Shucks PoshPepper- I assure you I am not all sugar and spice! But I have enough bad luck already, don''t need any bad karma!

32.gif

Now, this is my favourite bugbear...
38.gif

I am very passionate about Consumer Advocacy and have a HUGE issue with this type of crap.

These pranksters, the idiots who spend their afternoons thinking up scams and schemes to plague us are clearly talented. So are the folks behind almost every scam out there, why can''t they use that potential in a positive manner? Sure, it may not be instantly lucrative but long term is much more sustainable and pensionable

33.gif
?

I could go on for days on this topic it really "gets my goat"!

- ooh! My dream job is showing. Justice Steel: Consumer Advocate and Ombudswoman. Sigh
15.gif
!

antidentite

Rough_Rock
I just got "Scammed" by a Paypal user last month, and paypal wont do a thing about it.

Paypal notified me that I had received payment, so I shipped the item and a few days later the guy reverses the payment through Paypal. And this is completely legal according to Paypal.

So now I''m out the product I shipped for $630!

BEWARE OF PAYPAL, not just the scammers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results