shape
carat
color
clarity

Another negotiation question: Does your appearance matter?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I was talking to someone about how she got a great deal on her wedding reception at a luxury hotel in San Francisco. The wedding was three years ago. Anyhoo, the deal came about through her skill at negotiation. One thing she mentioned was that she tried to dress causally, carry a student-y backpack instead of her usual flashy handbag, etc.

Do you think that this would have an effect on vendors? Would they be less likely to meet my price if they made assumptions that we could afford more?

This was an interesting idea and I was wondering what you all thought...

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve heard of this a lot, but it has been more often in reference to florists and other vendors that don''t have fixed prices- i''ve never heard of a venue changing differently based on appearance!

but yes, it is recommended that you leave expensive clothes and jewelery (including your ER if it is big) at home, and even opt for a non-expensive car to arrive in. also recommended is leaving your mom and dad at home - i guess the theory is that if they are with you they are paying, and probably have deeper pockets than you if you are on the younger side (but if they do go, have them leave their prada bag and bling at home too).

Of course this isn''t true of all vendors, but florists and other wedding vendors seem to be notorious for jacking up prices based on the client''s appearance.

can you tell that i was reading Bridal Bargains about five minutes before i read your post?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results