shape
carat
color
clarity

another liw rant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
so this weekend another friend got engaged, this comes after a summer of almost every friend i have getting married. (except the 1 who doesnt have a bf) i am happy for my friends, but cant help but wear a look on my face through every engagement and every wedding that just screams ''i envyyyyyy you!!'' I am upfront with my feelings towards eveveryone, how i am not rushing to get engaged but i would love for it to happen sometime in the near future. i know my FF is trying as hard as he can. I am aware he has a savings that is intended only for a ring and it has a decent amount of money in it, we are in the process of moving into a big new place, and we just transferred all accounts and credit cards to be joint accounts. i know it will eventually happen, and im not trying to push him into it, but i want some bling too! hehehe. I think for me, I know the commitment is there, the love is there, and the mutual agreement that we''ll be together forever is there.. just watching everyone else taking the only step i feel we''re missing is a bit difficult.

i had a PS nightmare last night! i dreamt that the ring gladyskristen photoshopped up for me was made by whiteflash but not for me! someone else had it made and it was gorgeousss but not on my hand. and there were over 2000 posts about it and none of you remembered it was my dream ring. when i woke up i knew it had to be a dream cause none of you ladies ever forgets a ring.
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know the feeling when everyone else seems to be getting engaged and not you. I had the same thing earlier this year and I felt awful feeling like that. I found that theres not really any cure, I was happier when I had a rough timeline to go by and other than that keep busy!

leoslove730

Rough_Rock
Everytime someone new gets engaged, I burst out into tears. No joke! It''s so pathetic, but it breaks my heart that my guy isn''t popping the question to me. Then I get angry at him because someone else got engaged and we are still just "dating", or whatever you wanna call our live-together relationship. I swear, some women just make getting engaged look so damn easy (it''s not).
29.gif

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
FF''s engagement timeline is pretty close to mine, we''re a few months off. my timeline is valentines day 2008. his is my bday..june 08. 4 months off doesnt seem so bad to me.

haha leo i know just what you mean! i didnt cry at this engagement mainly because the bride to be is not my friend, the groom is.. and honestly we all hate her. she did everything but tie him to a burning building to get him to pop the question. and he did it willingly.. they met and were engaged in all under a year.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I certainly get bad cases of the "why not me" blues
39.gif
. Some engagement announcements hurt more than others but I try to remind myself that one day it will be my turn and even though I have very bad days, all the waiting and anticipation will make the end result all the more exciting.

After a lot of very careful thought the past few weeks, I realized that even though it is driving me a little batty...the idea that every day could be The Day is kind of exciting. As much as I want to pressure him, I don''t want to ruin what could possibly be one the best surprises of my life.

If there hasn''t been any movement on the engagement front by the end of the year, my resolution is to pull a timeline out of him no matter how hard it may be to accomplish. In the meantime I''ll use the PS boards to vent frustration or share excitement over possible hints and signs!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
wow, i feel like i could have posted the same exact post this morning....
7.gif

we were visiting my dad last nite and my stepmom mentioned that my step sister-in-law''s brother and his girlfriend (both who i adore) got engaged. me and my SO have been together twice as long as them! i feel like this is the millionth couple that have met and gotten engaged, if not married already, in half the time...and it feels horrible. i am so happy for them, but i have these really low moments where i feel so insanely jealous that all these other girls seem to have boyfriends that are hopeless romantics that can''t wait to get married. it just......sucks.

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
i know exactly what you mean mimzy, it makes me question my relationship, but then i think i know one day me and my SO will be sitting in our rocking chairs with our grandchildren, and they wont even know eachother anymore because they dont even know eachother now! i also like to think that my bf is more romantic cause hes waiting for the right time.
2.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Deep breaths, it was only a dream!!! Pricescope ladies never ever forget a ring!!!
2.gif

I can totally sympathise with you on feeling sad when someone else gets engaged. I mean you''re happy for them and everything but you also wish it could be you, right? That''s natural I think and it''s OK to be sad it''s not your turn. For me it helps to remember that (a) I have a wonderful boyfriend who absolutely does want to get engaged and (b) that it will happen for us and (c) that when it does it will be wonderful!
1.gif

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
im trying to have the great positive attitude that you have delster! but yes i do wish it was me even though i am happy for them. but like you said it''ll be wonderful when it does.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results