shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Kitchen Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
So I posted before about kitchen colors. I had an idea about what color I wanted my kitchen to be, but now I have another question. Like many brides one of the biggest kitchen items going on my registry is the Kitchen Aid Mixer. I''m sorta trying to base my kitchen colors around it. Not sure if that''s a good idea; however, I am thinking of getting it in stainless steel as opposed to a bright color. I will also do my other appliances in stainless steel. I feel that stainless steel is timeless and I will still like it in 10 years. I may not feel that way about a bright red mixer. Also I plan to have a stainless steel stove, refrigerator etc one day. I''m thinking I can pick another color, like the barnyard red, for an accent color. So is there anyone out there that has the mixer in stainless steel along with all their other appliances? If so how did you add spice to your kitchen?

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i got stainless appliances and added color by using accent colored dishtowels, bright fruits on the counter, and canisters that are a rustic orange color. also a nice picture could bring out color. you can get the mixer in a color since it really doesn''t stay on the counter 24/7.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a white kitchen aide Professional mixer. I have stainless appliances. I think Stainless are hard to keep clean from fringer prints; just my 2 cents. Hope that helps.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not like the stainless steel mixer. It is a painted finished and IMHO looks cheap. We ended up getting the dark, matte gray (I think it is called imperial gray) and I love it. I think it goes better with our stainless steel applicances than the faux finish one would have. I am really into the matte ones as well (they have a matte black that is cool).

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Tacori. We remodeled our kitchen not long ago and put in stainless steel appliances. I didn't like the look of the stainless Kitchenaid at all. I ended up going with a terracotta colored Kitchenaid mixer that coordinates with our wall colors. The colored mixer adds a nice splash of spice on the counter. By the way I love my stainless steel appliances and I recommend using Pledge furniture polish to clean them. My appliance guy suggested it and it really cuts down on the streaking and finger prints!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had a white one for a few years and it looks brand new, goes with anything. I LOVE Kitchen Aids, they are one of the best things since sliced bread
18.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2007 11:50:55 AM
Author: Sundial
I agree with Tacori. We remodeled our kitchen not long ago and put in stainless steel appliances. I didn''t like the look of the stainless Kitchenaid at all. I ended up going with a terracotta colored Kitchenaid mixer that coordinates with our wall colors. The colored mixer adds a nice splash of spice on the counter. By the way I love my stainless steel appliances and I recommend using Pledge furniture polish to clean them. My appliance guy suggested it and it really cuts down on the streaking and finger prints!

Hmmm, Pledge huh? I''ll have to try that, actually i''m going to try it right now. I get so embarassed when people come over my daughters finger prints are all over the fridge.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2007 11:45:59 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I do not like the stainless steel mixer. It is a painted finished and IMHO looks cheap. We ended up getting the dark, matte gray (I think it is called imperial gray) and I love it. I think it goes better with our stainless steel applicances than the faux finish one would have. I am really into the matte ones as well (they have a matte black that is cool).

I agree with you on the painted stainless finish. There''s a brushed nickel thats actually metal, but its $100 more expensive and I can''t justify that just for the color.

I also like the look of the matte finishes. I haven''t seen them in person, but in pictures the finish looks a little textured. Is that the case in real life? If so, I imagine it would be hard to clean--I picture flour sticking in the tiny crevasses. Have you had any trouble with anything like this?

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
4 yrs ago when I registered, I chose cobalt blue, since blue is my fav. color and our kitchen-to-be was bland and gross.....lol

I figured when we painted it would go with my blue...but then I painted the kitchen red!! I love my mixer and I am still happy that it''s blue. :)

I agree with going with the darker grey finish, I think it''s a nice color, but in my humble non-decorator''s opinion, I wanted one with a color that would pop!

:)

Just order one, and you can return it later (don''t use it of course) and change colors if you change your mind.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2007 1:32:28 PM
Author: laine
Date: 4/28/2007 11:45:59 AM

Author: Tacori E-ring

I agree with you on the painted stainless finish. There''s a brushed nickel thats actually metal, but its $100 more expensive and I can''t justify that just for the color.

I also like the look of the matte finishes. I haven''t seen them in person, but in pictures the finish looks a little textured. Is that the case in real life? If so, I imagine it would be hard to clean--I picture flour sticking in the tiny crevasses. Have you had any trouble with anything like this?

I think the matte black is smooth but it''s been almost a year since we looked at them. I think they have other ones too like a matte red, etc... My imperial gray does have a textured finished but it is not too textured to make cleaning a problem. I just use a damp cloth and it works great. I still *love* the color. I agree the extra $100 for the nicer one isn''t worth it for he stainless finish. I don''t use mine enough to justify that!

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
I agree with some of you ladies that said the stainless steel Kitchenaid does not look very nice. I see what you mean by the faux look. And I also felt like it looked sorta cheap. Like Skippy123 I ended up selecting a white mixer; however, I will still do everything else in stainless steel. Now I also bought a Le Creuset pot at Bloomies on Saturday. They had a one day home sale. Got it for 189 which I thought was a great deal. Does anyone have one? How do you like it? I thought it was a "pretty" pot

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results