shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Idealscope request

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bingo

Rough_Rock
Looking to buy this diamond, the one thing I have not seen is an idealsope image, if anyone could help please? Agree that this is a great board, and thnaks to the regulars.

1.28 carat
VVS-2 D,GIA 0XX,
Depth 59.5
Table Diam 56.9
Crown Angle 34.1
Pavilion Depth 42.4
Girdlet thin to medium faceted
Culet 0.2%
Fluorescence None
Mesurements (7.08 - 7.12) x 4.24

Thanks again.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
If the proportions are accurate (pavilion depth %) this should be very nice diamond.

Here is DiamCalc simulation of ideal-scope view. Keep in mind: the image is based on the proportions available.

This image only can used to demonstrate very little leakage for these proportions. In reality it can be a bit different because of the symmetry, each facet size and angles.

bingo.jpg

Bingo

Rough_Rock
Hi Garry,

thanks for your interest...pavilion angle is 40.7 degrees

Thanks again!!

Bingo

Rough_Rock
Thanks Leonid,

How should I interpret the grey and black patches (arrows aside) in the centre of the image? Also there appear to be pin-points of white at the edge of the table?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock

Small white dots and Vs are nothing to worry about. Majority of the ideal cut diamonds have them.

Black and gray:

If a diamond is perfectly round and symmetrical we will see nice pink distribution. This particular picture is simulated for a diamond with small deviation of round: 7.08 - 7.12mm. The real diamond can look different.

Black corresponds to reflection of an observer head. In reasonable quantities it is a good thing - better contrast and possibility to see colored light. Amount of black can be different depending on the viewing distance.

Gray is partial light leakage which is not so bad at all for this diamond. All diamonds leak light - it just a matter of how much whether it makes diamond look less beautiful.

Summing up: Based on the “paper data” it is a great diamond. In order to analyze it deeper in details you should check it with an expert.

:)

[/u]

elton

Rough_Rock
leonid,

good stuff.

question- you mention that you've programmed in a small deviation of 7.08-7.12. How much of an impact does a larger deviation have on the diamond? I have one that's 7.11 - 7.18 (0.7mm variation) according to the GIA cert.

Bingo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input everyone...really appreciated. I think you are all doing a great thing here, helping people like me through the jungle.

If anyone has further thoughts they are of course very welcome...I will let you know how things go.:wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results