shape
carat
color
clarity

Another ? for decorating gurus

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
This one has me stumped.
In Ds''s room there is one wall with 2 windows 50x44. The other wall has two windows 50x44 and a picture window 24x36.
In the last thread we decided on 84"drapes, but what do I do with the picture window? Is it weird to have such long drapes on such a small window?

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I realize this may be a weird question, but is the smaller window inbetween the other 2 windows?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
No, it is in the corner adjacent to a closet.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I don't think it's weird to have drapes on a small window. Putting drapes on all of them will keep it from looking choppy and unbalanced.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 3:46:00 PM
Author: heraanderson
I don''t think it''s weird to have drapes on a small window. Putting drapes on all of them will help it from looking choppy and unbalanced.

So floor length drapes for all the windows?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would do a roman shade in the same fabric.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Tacori. My first thought was a coordinated shade. By adding lots of volume, you''ll attract to the oddness of shape and size relevant to the room. If you don''t like the roman shade, you could go with a valance or some other minimal window treatment.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 3:58:23 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I would do a roman shade in the same fabric.

hmmm..I never thought of that. That''s an interesting idea.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I agree w/Tacori''s idea. We are considering this for our LR where we have a large bay window and then 2 smaller windows flanking the fireplace on the adjacent wall.

If the room is smallish long drapes with differeing window sizes could overwhelm the room. A valance on the smaller window is an option too but would not offer privacy.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I'm just thinking about the fact that you are doing a pattern for his room, I believe you may want to consider a solid if you do all the windows the same (unless it's a largish room).

I'm not sure I like the idea of just one window being handled differently but maybe you could post a picture of the room to see if there's another solution like two windows having blinds and perhaps the other windows being draped similarly.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I am contemplating the 63" length for his room. All the way to the floor may be to formal for his room. There is not too much of a pattern in his room. The walls are cream, the trim is gray, and the drapes are black gray and cream stripes. The floor is oak and I will probably but a 8x11 area rug in it. He is a little boy (7.5) and I don''t want his room to be too formal. He is getting a study/loft bed from Pottery Barn Teen (shhh, don''t tell the bed bunk haters
2.gif
)

img72m.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that bed! I think bunks are great for boys!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
iluv, I only hate bunk beds b/c I am LAZY and don't want to climb up there to make the bed or change the sheets
2.gif
What about roman shades for all of the windows?

ETA: I love the idea of stripes BTW

Hera

Ideal_Rock
For some reason I thought you had older children (maybe another PSer). As for bunk beds, I didn''t know there were bunk bed haters! Lol!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 8:44:29 PM
iluv, I only hate bunk beds b/c I am LAZY and don''t want to climb up there to make the bed or change the sheets
2.gif

Yeah, why not romans for all the windows or even wood blinds?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 8:44:29 PM
iluv, I only hate bunk beds b/c I am LAZY and don''t want to climb up there to make the bed or change the sheets
2.gif
Thanks somethingshiny! He is so excited! It comes on Thursday

Now that he is 7.5, the sheets will be his job
2.gif
hehe

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
The sheets I picked don''t come in Roman shades, but I can find others. Wood blinds is a good suggestion. Thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
iluv, you could buy a few curtains and get them made...just a thought.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
This is his rug

P12363667.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 8:55:06 PM
iluv, you could buy a few curtains and get them made...just a thought.

Great idea Tacori(as always
1.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results