shape
carat
color
clarity

Another ''different'' wedding to look at

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
In the theme of different weddings.. here''s one that happened in Sydney a while ago, it was all over the TV and in the magazines at the time.

It''s not my style but i do like it for some reason.
1.gif

Sorry if it was posted before and i missed it...

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/how-my-big-fat-greek-wedding-went-viral-20090623-cuny.html

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Reading the article made me really sad. Everyones wedding day is so personal and special to them, and I know I wouldn''t want anybody ragging on mine.

That said, regardless of how "tacky" people may perceive this wedding, it looks FUN, and everybody in the pictures looks like they were having a great time. I could only hope that (if I was to have a wedding) people would have that good of a time at mine!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Haha she was on TV like 2 months ago!!

There was an email circulated about this wedding around my office.

That dress...

Those BM dresses....

Very daring.

ETA: This wedding is not my style too, but who says weddings need to be traditional and elegant and all that? THEY loved it obviously, and that's all that matters hehe

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 10:50:01 PM
Author: lilyfoot
Reading the article made me really sad. Everyones wedding day is so personal and special to them, and I know I wouldn''t want anybody ragging on mine.

That said, regardless of how ''tacky'' people may perceive this wedding, it looks FUN, and everybody in the pictures looks like they were having a great time. I could only hope that (if I was to have a wedding) people would have that good of a time at mine!
Yeah the article is sad isn''t it? I didn''t realise that was why there was a news story on the wedding at the time.. i just thought it was becasue it was completely outrageous and not really ''done'' in Australia before.

There is video footage of it and they all looked like they had a blast! I would have loved to have been a guest at that wedding!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 11:14:21 PM
Author: hawaiianorangetree
Date: 11/11/2009 10:50:01 PM

Author: lilyfoot

That said, regardless of how ''tacky'' people may perceive this wedding, it looks FUN, and everybody in the pictures looks like they were having a great time. I could only hope that (if I was to have a wedding) people would have that good of a time at mine!

Yeah the article is sad isn''t it? I didn''t realise that was why there was a news story on the wedding at the time.. i just thought it was becasue it was completely outrageous and not really ''done'' in Australia before.

There is video footage of it and they all looked like they had a blast! I would have loved to have been a guest at that wedding!

it really is a sad article
8.gif
good thing is that she did not let all those un-called for comments and attention let her down or even tarnish her memory of HER wedding!

imo, one thing i learned from reading this: be careful on whatever you post online! you may or may not like what the outcome is. and if it''s out on the web, you can never get it back (in most cases).

princesss

Ideal_Rock
That article just made me feel awful for that bride. She had the wedding she wanted (and I bet it would have been a blast to attend), and people decided to be nasty.
38.gif
At least she''s trying not to let it bring her down, but I imagine it hurt quite a bit when she first found out what happened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
That''s so sad for her. It''s not my style, but she definitely was entitled to have her wedding how she wanted it, and to not have to worry about people insulting her. What a shame
38.gif
38.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 1:27:28 PM
Author: princessplease
That''s so sad for her. It''s not my style, but she definitely was entitled to have her wedding how she wanted it, and to not have to worry about people insulting her. What a shame
38.gif
38.gif
Wait....what? Weren''t you just on another thread saying, "Ew" to a wedding very similar to this?
33.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
That cake is just too cute! Love it!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 2:56:37 PM
Author: gwendolyn
That cake is just too cute! Love it!

ME TOO! And the pink touches in her hair.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
OT, but in pic 15 he is TOTALLY checking out her rack lol. I wonder if he knew her dress would be like that?

And in the pic with all the bridesmaids from behind, they look related. They all have the EXACT same hair. Wow.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2009 2:14:23 PM
Author: princesss
Wait....what? Weren''t you just on another thread saying, ''Ew'' to a wedding very similar to this?
33.gif

There''s a difference though, the bride in the other thread knowingly decided to put her wedding in the public eye, she made that decision. This bride obviously did not want the whole world viewing her wedding, did not want the attention, and obviously didn''t want the comments.

Personally I think the fireworks are awesome and it looks like a great party!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 3:25:30 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Wait....what? Weren''t you just on another thread saying, ''Ew'' to a wedding very similar to this?
33.gif

There''s a difference though, the bride in the other thread knowingly decided to put her wedding in the public eye, she made that decision. This bride obviously did not want the whole world viewing her wedding, did not want the attention, and obviously didn''t want the comments.

Yeah, I was mostly curious as to whether it was the tone of the article that inspired the change of tone from the poster. This article kind of pities the bride, and the other one is a little mocking. I''m curious why one bride is made fun of and the other is pitied - if it''s just that one chose to put herself in the limelight and the other didn''t, or if there''s something deeper.

Or, if I''m being super optimistic, if the poster has come around to my way of thinking.
28.gif
Doubtful, but a girl can hope!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally if I woke up one morning and saw my face all over the internet with some unsavory comments, I would be much more hurt if it was a photo that I hadn''t released to the world. Because that would mean someone I thought of as a friend had a hand in doing this, and that would make me sadder than any of the comments.
7.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 3:34:58 PM
Personally if I woke up one morning and saw my face all over the internet with some unsavory comments, I would be much more hurt if it was a photo that I hadn''t released to the world. Because that would mean someone I thought of as a friend had a hand in doing this, and that would make me sadder than any of the comments.
7.gif
True. But as the article said, it could just be that somebody put up pictures on Facebook, which puts them in the public domain, and somebody else in their network took it and decided to be mean.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif

Looks like it was a fun time (and who doesn''t love the November Rain video)! But yeah, if you don''t want to open yourself up to negative comments when you choose to be daring, keep your pics off of Facebook or make sure your preferences and privacies are completely locked down. I know with as many people as were in attendance, that was going to be impossible. The internet is a nasty place, and once someone gets ahold of someone''s daring wedding pictures, anonymous posters don''t care who they hurt.
7.gif

The thought that worries me about this is that it could have been one of her wedding attendees who sent out the first round of pics.
7.gif

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Jeez, people need to lighten up. It was her wedding, she had fun, it was what she wanted! I''m horrified that anyone would snark to diminish it

My impression was that her attendants posted the pics on Facebook (innocently enough, I''m sure)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 1:27:28 PM
Author: princessplease
38.gif
38.gif

Ditto! If you have nothing nice to say, don''t say anything!
29.gif

It''s horrible that it got out of hand like that, the poor thing. She probably (like most of us BIW here) thought her wedding would be perfect and that everyone would love it. Can you just imagine how she is feeling now?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looked like one *awesome* party!

Hey, if I had those legs, I''d be wearing short skirts all the time.
I''m just shocked that she was allowed to wear that dress in church!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Lots of chest acreage on display here. Don''t the church officials EVER say anything? Eh, maybe they''re too busy enjoying the show!
3.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 3:30:26 PM
Date: 11/12/2009 3:25:30 PM

33.gif

Yeah, I was mostly curious as to whether it was the tone of the article that inspired the change of tone from the poster. This article kind of pities the bride, and the other one is a little mocking. I''m curious why one bride is made fun of and the other is pitied - if it''s just that one chose to put herself in the limelight and the other didn''t, or if there''s something deeper.

Or, if I''m being super optimistic, if the poster has come around to my way of thinking.
28.gif
Doubtful, but a girl can hope!

Princess the other wedding was a traveller wedding. There is a very strong undercurrent of racism toward the travelling community both in Ireland and in the UK. The Wikipedia page on them has a bit of detail on the background and controversies, as does the Pavee Point website. I would suspect that may go some way towards explaining why the Daily Mail (a tabloid newspaper with a reputation for less than objective reportage) adopted the tone it did.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Not going to quote the whole long thing, but thanks for the insight, Delster. I knew they were a minority group, but didn''t know how deep the racism ran (nor did I know quite *how* much the Daily Mail could get away with).

Awww Ok, If I can get my legs looking that nice by my wedding day I might just have to cut off the front of my dress too :D

I like the cake.
I like the colors.
It looks like they had fun!

Would I do it? nah. but who cares what I think
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results