shape
carat
color
clarity

Annual See's Candy Giveaway 2023!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Ho Ho Ho, it's that time of year again to give away free chocolate!

Every year my dear auntie sends me a 1 lb box of See's Candy. I have high blood sugar, so I save my sweat-eating for my super-duper favorite chocolates, which are sadly not See's. And my dear husband is watching his figure. So for years we just threw the box away unopened, which made my heart sad for being wasteful. But then I thought, why not treat my PriceScope friends to a little chocolate?

So here are the rules:

I will send the 1 lb box of chocolates to the first person who says they want them, for free, shipping paid by me. However, you must:

1. Live in the continental USA.
2. Not have won them in previous years (that excludes @collier and @YadaYadaYada - who hopefully can attest that I'm not a weirdo LOL!)
3. Be a frequent, positive, contributor to PS (no lurkers, or complete newbies for safety reasons).
4. Not be someone who routinely bullies me, or others. 99% of PriceScopers are genuinely helpful and try to participate in this forum in a meaningful way. However, there have been one or two instances over the years that have scared me. I will not send the chocolates to anyone who has only shown me negativity.

Here they are:

Sees 1 PS.jpg

Sees 2 PS.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me me me!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
OMG I just saw the typo in my original post. "Sweat-eating" LOL!!! :-o

That's what happens when I'm typing fast and not proof reading!!! I promise I don't eat sweat. :lol-2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors You're a sweeeeeetheart to give away the best-IMO sweets on earth!

You wrote your blood sugar is high so you can't eat them.
Maybe not.

If you get a CGM, Continuous Glucose Monitor, from your Dr. you can monitor your glucose real time to learn TONS about when/why/how it goes high ... and low.
IMO, this personal-real-time data is infinitely better than general guidelines about what to and not to eat.
I have a CGM and it has been life-changing, for the better.
CGMs are the quintessential blood-sugar biofeedback-edjumacational tool.

Now I know exactly how much naughty naughty I can eat before my glucose goes too high, and how long I can wait before eating to prevent it from going too low.
Thankfully since I eat right, take my meds, etc. I have enough leeway to enjoy a small but very satisfying amount of dopamine-rich naughty naughty... LIKE SEE'S! :dance:

As always YMMV, so talk to your Dr. about this.

Oh, and natural sweat (inhaling, not drinking) is a huge dopamine-creating turn on that may even outrank chocolate.
But you gotta overcome the brainwashing of corporate-profit-motivated training that natural BO is a bad thing, and the solution is buying their product.
Few manage to overcome this programming
One group who excel at overcoming this is gay bears.

On this, Google is your friend.

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't qualify as I am in the UK, however, just wanted to say thank you to @RunningwithScissors for being so generous!

As for bullies, send them my way as I can't stand bullies! :evil2::lol-2:

DK :lol-2:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors You're a sweeeeeetheart to give away the best-IMO sweets on earth!

Maybe not.

If you get a CGM, Continuous Glucose Monitor, from your Dr. you can monitor your glucose real time to learn TONS about when/why/how it goes high ... and low.
IMO, this personal-real-time data is infinitely better than general guidelines about what to and not to eat.

Now I know exactly how much naughty naughty I can eat before my glucose goes too high, and how long I can wait before eating to prevent it from going too low.
Thankfully since I eat right, take my meds, etc. there is a enough leeway I have to enjoy small amounts of dopamine-rich naughty naughty... LIKE SEE'S! :dance:

Oh, and natural sweat (inhaling, not drinking) is a huge dopamine-creating turn on that may outrank chocolate.
But you gotta overcome the brainwashing of corporate-profit-motivated training that natural BO is a bad thing, and the solution is buying their product.
Few manage to overcome this.

Thanks Kenny! I'm glad you found a way to enjoy a little naughty sweet without raising your glucose too much. I'm not a diabetic, and my blood sugar isn't super high, but it's high enough (5.9 - 6) I do try to avoid eating sweets or simple carbs. I have a few chocolate brands I will splurge on, but they are ones that by their nature are higher fat, lower sugar and slightly bitter, which is a flavor/feel on the palette I prefer. See's Candies taste too American/sweet/waxy to me. But I'm super glad you and others on here love them! Maybe next year I'll be sending them to you.

Re sweat (not sweet)...I was born in Germany, so I actually don't mind a little healthy under arm smell. But wash your nether regions! (That's why we have bidets!) :lol-2:

Last edited:

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock

Maybe not.

Thankfully since I eat right, take my meds, etc. I have enough leeway to enjoy a small but very satisfying amount of dopamine-rich naughty naughty... LIKE SEE'S! :dance:

Oh, and natural sweat (inhaling, not drinking) is a huge dopamine-creating turn on that may even outrank chocolate.
Few manage to overcome this programming

Kenny how did you and I not get here sooner we could have split the box!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m coming! I’m having trouble signing into loupe troop

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sent email! Thanks all! Busy babysitting out of town grandchild and forgot about this already!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just came! Thanks again Runningwithsissors! IMG_4191.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4193.jpeg
    IMG_4193.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 10
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results