shape
carat
color
clarity

Animal rescue

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems like lots of us have an interest in animal rescue. I thought it would be nice to have a place to share links to groups doing good work, groups in need of foster, supplies, whatever. I am familiar with some groups, but I know there are a lot more out there.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the groups I have been sending supplies and money to lately had a news story about their work. Just saw it this weekend. Such an inspiring story!

link

They are getting another group ready to head to Wisconsin for adoption.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I managed to find a rescue for a 2 year old dog in urgent need at a high kill shelter, but they are all full and need a foster to take him until they have room. Currently in Louisiana. Rescue in NY.

Not sure if I can post a link to him as he is on FB and I can't get the picture to download.

I am out of ideas and his time is very very short.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient, I have been scared to open any of the recent animal rescue threads because I am stressed and feeling broken re animal rescue but I had to open this and bump it up for you.

I am so sorry it is proving difficult to find help for this sweetie and I am sending good thoughts and lots of good luck vibes your and the doggies way. Let me understand for sure. You have a home for this dog but it is in NY and he is in Louisiana and he cannot be transported to NY soon enough so he is in jeopardy? Have you spoken to anyone in charge at the shelter? Since you have a forever home for him isn't there something they can do to take him off the kill list? Did you contact the FB groups that transport animals from state to state? OMG hoping it works out for this dog! ((((HUGS)))).

Are there any PSers in Louisiana who can perhaps help and take him to foster until he can get to his forever home? :pray:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy -- I have a rescue willing to take him in NY but they are all full including their fosters. We need a foster to keep him until they have space. I learned about him through a rescue group. He has been shared all over FB. I (and many others) have been calling/messaging/posting everywhere we can think.

The problem is there are so many that the rescue can't just pull him until they have somewhere. That said, this all goes back to one woman and she coordinated volunteers.

(btw, the video link I posted is happy and inspiring -- sad that there is still more to do, but focuses on all those helped)

ETA -- the rescue has been calling all their foster homes (the NY and LA rescues both). Lots in LA sharing and calling. I have been reaching out to LA, IA, NY, and even SD plus other rescues in hopes there may just be a spot for him in WA, OR, PA, etc.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a way I get him to Michigan on Saturday. Just need foster!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news about having the transport TooPatient. I sure hope you can get a foster. Fingers crossed!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little good news to share in these crazy times...

Had a bit of miscommunication with the rescue. They forgot they were going to take him. Anyway, we talked rather than messaged and got it all sorted out better than hoped.

The rescue has a foster. Not enough time to get on van going that way so missed the MI trip.

I couldn't take the fear of being too late... I had the LA rescue tag him as rescue pull now so he won't be euthanized over weekend. Then I am set up with a local (LA) vet to board him at my expense ($16/day) until we can coordinate getting him to NY. The NY rescue will likely have him vaccinated and neutered while there as it is far less expensive and he is already doing vet stay.

Now we coordinate travel. Looking into an animal shipping company and a couple of pilot groups. Also may still do the drive to MI then arrange volunteers to NY from there.

Pictures as soon s I can figure out how to download them...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no TP. Praying this poor fur baby can be rescued and transported to NY. How awful that they missed getting him on the last transport. ;(

Thinking good thoughts for him and sending lots of PS good luck ***DUST*** his way!!!!! And thank you for doing all you can.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, no I can't believe he missed the first trip. :(sad

Good luck TP thank you so much for all you're doing for this baby.

Please post pictures as soon as you can.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another for Nov 30 so worst case is he stays at the vet boarding until then. At least he is safe!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Figured it out!
Barney -- 2 or 3 year old catahoula

14925583_1470401732975595_1347572409652682408_n.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great news TP and thank you for sharing the happy news and his sweet photo too. :love: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results