carat
color
clarity

Andex''s Update

andex23

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hey all...

I''ve been MIA and lurking a bit but I just wanted to give you all an update of what has been going on for me in my "wedding life."

Also, thanks to all your posts, stories, and all the goodness that comes from PS. Not only did you help my FI get the right diamond (thanks Whiteflash) but have been the place that I can go to to get my "wedding crazy" out.

We''re leaving for our destination wedding in Fiji tomorrow. There ended up being a total of 16 of us (including bride and groom) for the trip. Everyone will be staying 1 week and then we''ll stay for an extra week. Both FI''s parents and brothers will be there, as well as my immediate family and we even have some random friends that will be around because they couldn''t pass up a trip to Fiji.

My stresses are coming from our travel agent. You may have remembered me spouting the wonders of TAs and whatnot. And I still agree, however, my TA seems to be MIA, tells me one thing and then I find out other contrary info, and is very flighty at getting back to me with questions. Example, she tells me that everyone in our group has paid...turns out someone didn''t pay yet. I talked to a different guest yesterday and they told me that they haven''t gotten their final travel docs yet (we leave tomorrow)--so now I call them only to find out "she has the week off" and no one has been checking her email (we''re in Los Angeles, she''s in CO and email is the way that we''ve always communicated with her). So finally today, I spoke with someone else who was able to clairify, answer my questions, etc.

Another stress--FI''s brother and GF are coming from Austria (where they live). Flying from Vienna to London, to LAX to Fiji... volcanic ash and questionable flights. Feel my stress?

I''m procrastinating on doing ironing prior to packing.

I did want to share something really cool that we''re doing for favors. When you go on vacation, sometimes we find that we seem to have trouble taking photos, especially of US! So we''ve let all of our guests know that we''re going to steal all the photos from their cameras every night, download them, then turn them into personalized photo books. (think like the ones that Apple, snapfish, even Costco prints). Everyone is better at taking pics of other people, so maybe couple A will have a pic of my sister, and my sister''s camera will have a great photo of Fi''s brother...we can put those pics for each person into their own Photo book. Yes, it will probably be a lot of work for me when i get back to organize all the pics and whatnot, but I''m really excited about the project and hopefully each couple will have a great photo book of the memories on this vacation that they are taking. BTW, we''re doing our photo books with A&I... www.AandI.com There was a SUPER deal that they were doing through GROUPON that allowed me to purchase a $60 book for $20. So, that''s my super deal!

I''ve got my dress...the packing still needs to be done...the wedding gifts are coming in steadily and we''re on top of writing the thank yous.

We were also pressured into having a party at home for those who wanted to celebrate with us. We would have preferred not to do so, but a "backyard BBQ" is what we ended up with and hopefully it will work out well when we return home.

That''s all, I just wanted to share (and procrastinate on the ironing more).

Thanks PSers for all your support and help...you don''t realize sometimes how much you help people that are even lurking!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Have an awesome time!!!!! Don''t worry about it, (I know easier said than done) but I''m sure your wedding will be stunning!!!!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Yay.....have a totally great time....Your wedding will be amazing..Fiji!!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Happy Wedding Week(s)! Come back with pictures!

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Hey, location twin! I have been pretty MIA as well (just lurking with the occasional post) but I, of COURSE, had to come in and give lots of good luck travel dust to you and your guests. The situation with your TA absolutely stinks and I hope FIs fam will get out of Austria safely and quickly. I absolutely can''t wait to see pictures from Fiji, the wedding, the diving, etc! Happy travels and CONGRATS ON THE WEDDING!!

beltane

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Fiji!!! Now THAT sounds like something out of a dream... ENJOY!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to see pics from your wedding! And since you''ll have roughly 8 cameras worth of pics, I''m sure you''ll have some AMAZING ones to share with us if you choose to :)

Your wedding favors sound so great! I think your guests will really appreciate them!

Congrats to you and your Hubby-to-Be!

andex23

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hey gang! We''re back, and I didn''t even have to twist Mr. Andex''s arm to say "I do". Jaylex is right, we have roughly 8 cameras worth of photos. Put that all together and we have over 7,000 photos. Some are good, some are bad, and some shouldn''t ever be published. But all in good fun.

We had a great time...I highly recommend Fiji to anyone looking for a wedding destination, honeymoon destination, or even just a good ole'' vacation. The Fijian people are just so kind, generous, and truly are excited that you are there. They want to share their culture with you, educate you on who they are, and their beliefs, and they want to be your friend. And all this isn''t just in the resorts, but also throughout the countryside, towns, and even in the airport. And, Fiji water from the tap is really a plus.

I''m working on my photo books now. I wish you guys could see them...they''re really turning out well.

I''m also going to get around to resizing some of our photos so that I can share! Thanks again to all of you for being my "bride place!"

--Mrs Andex.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I can''t wait to see your pictures.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results